Lamas vs. Sanchez @ Monterrey, Mexico

anybody know if diego speaks spanish? lamas is fluent.

Where's your source ts?

God I wish theyd just reschedule Lauzon/Sanchez

Source is from russian MMA Community, im trying to find out any real link or info on that fight

but Lamas was aiming to get on Mexico card and Sanchez in latest interviews said he wants to fight at 145 with Lamas or Cub (if i remember properly). Edited: he said Lamas, Guida and McGOAT :D

here's a quote from interview
“The ultimate fight that I would like the best is Ricardo Lamas. … He’s coming off of a knockout loss, but the guy is a come-forward fighter. He won’t try to run. This guy fights. He doesn’t run away. He’s not going to play the ‘I’m afraid of you and I’m going to run away.’ He’s going to come forward, and those are ultimately the best fights for me that showcase my skills and give the fans the best fights.”

http://www.indiscutido.com/diego-sanchez-debuta-en-145-libras-contra-ricardo-lamas-en-ufc-monterrey/

Diego Sanchez asked for a big fight in the featherweight division debut, and the UFC granted his wish.

Diego Sanchez will face Ricardo Lamas November 21 at the Arena Monterrey in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon in function to mark the end of the second season of The Ultimate Fighter Latin America. It will be the co-feature bout of the evening behind Kelvin Gastelum and Matt Brown.

The fight was originally reported by fans Wednesday morning.

After a run of six fights in the WEC extinct, Ricardo Lamas came to the UFC and decided to go down to the 145-pound featherweight division. With four wins in a row to begin its passage in this new division, she received an opportunity to belt Jos

Efrain Escudero vs Leandro Silva has also been added to the card.

Why? Not really excited for this match but I would go with Lamas on this one... I cant imagine Diego at 145, he already looked depleted at 155.

I didn't think so but I can't imagine him looking too healthy at upcoming weigh-ins.

Besides, he's been out for a while now. Plenty of time for him to have been working on a diet. I hope he succeeds but I have my doubts. Diego is no spring chicken.

diego should stay at 155. he'll be too slow at 145. his style won't translate to 145. won't be able to stay on top of fighters like lamas. maybe siver would be good. lamas by speed and accuracy.

I hate seeing guys drop a weight class who weren't losing due to a size disadvantage. If Ross Pearson was too slow to compete well at FW, then Diego will look like molasses.

Lamas smashes him up for the full duration of the fight, then the judges award Diego the split. And I'm not even joking or being sardonic. That's what I believe will honestly happen.

Lamas , but he's gonna have to be on top of his game. Diego is one of these guys that isnt afraid to take a shot to give one

Diego look too skinny for 155, undersized at 170 against the bigger guys...at 145 he may look like James Irvin did at 185.

One of Diego's best traits are his heart, stamina and chin. at 145 he may gas hard.

Still rooting for Diego though. Hopefully he has been working on his wrestling and boxing.

This is gonna be easy money for Lamas. Diego wasn't exactly fast at 155, imagine the speed differential he's going to be up against at 145. I hope they announce Ferguson vs. Alvarez as co-main. Should've saved Yair Rodriguez for this card instead of UFC 192, need all the hispanic fighters you can get.

Nightmare matchup for emaciated Diego.

Diego split D.

It'll look like Mendes vs Guida imo

Um lamas is not as good wrestler as lamas and his tdd is not as good. Diego is big lw and has great chin,lamas wont rock him. Lamas is more tehnical striker but i think diego will finish him or dominate him with his wrestling
Diego will probably be big underdog and i will bet on him

Hoping for a legit Diego win for 11 years with the UFC. I know he had some decisions that were gifted and all. I really think when he left Jackson's for that time....that started his downward spiral.

Lamas beats Diego's ass then loses a split decision.

Back