• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Kyle Rittenhouse updates

I'll have to check again, but the reporter that was there said Rittenhouse only fired 3 rounds.

But Rittenhouse fired until pedo stopped coming at him - that's what we teach police to do - and then stopped firing.
Rittenhouse isn’t a police officer and if cops shot a man wielding a plastic bag, they’d be subject to same persecution.

He raped multiple boys under age 10. And yes, child rape has a history of being a capital offense in America. A 2008 SCOTUS decision seems to now prohibit it, but it's still on the books in some states as well as the US military.
Jesus. What a piece of shit.

What Rittenhouse's victims did before they were murdered is completely irrelevant to the discussion, but I'm also pretty sure you have no idea what the circumstances of the crime were.

Was he actually a child molester, or did he have an underage girlfriend? I'm not saying either of those things are ok, but neither of them is punishable by death.

Oh, you don't know? Shocking.

Court records show it was younger than just an underaged gf. FFS he served 7+ years and you want people to think it was statutory?

And yes, child rape has a history of being a capital offense in America. A 2008 SCOTUS decision seems to now prohibit it, but it's still on the books in some states as well as the US military.
I'm trying to find a source on this but am having no luck. I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I can't find any examples.

Rittenhouse isn’t a police officer and if cops shot a man wielding a plastic bag, they’d be subject to same persecution.
You'd like to think so, but if a cop had shot someone wielding a plastic bag most likely nothing would happen to them.

Jesus. What a piece of shit.

Also, his prison record shows numerous assaults. Dude was irredeemable, but that's not why this case is self-defense. It's self-defense because at the moment Kyle shot him he had attempted to get away and had a reasonable fear of death or great bodily harm. The rifle being carried illegally or not is irrelevant to his self-defense claim. The other people shot thinking they were acting as good Samaritans or not is also irrelevant because the first shooting was self-defense and therefore it was within Kyle's rights to resist their attacks.

I'm trying to find a source on this but am having no luck. I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I can't find any examples.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_sexual_abuse_laws_in_the_United_States

Kennedy v. Louisiana[edit]
Main article: Kennedy v. Louisiana
The USA Supreme Court in a 5–4 judgment penned by Justice Anthony Kennedy on June 25, 2008, prohibited executions of individuals convicted of child rape: "the death penalty is not a proportional punishment for the rape of a child, despite the horrendous nature of the crime." Kennedy reserved capital punishment only "for crimes that involve a victim's death." In this Louisiana case, Patrick Kennedy raped his 8-year-old stepdaughter, resulting in serious injuries which required surgery. 44 states prohibit death penalty for any kind of rape, but Louisiana and 4 other states permit it for child rape — Montana, Oklahoma, South Carolina and Texas. There's disagreement over the status of a Georgia law permitting execution for child rape, but Justice Kennedy ruled it was still in force. The court, thus declared unconstitutional the Louisiana statute (La. Stat. Ann. §14:42, West 1997 and Supp. 1998): "the Eighth Amendment bars Louisiana from imposing the death penalty for the rape of a child where the crime did not result, and was not intended to result, in the victim’s death."[25][26][27]

Opponents have criticized the decision, noting an admission by the Justice Department that they had failed to note that the US Congress had made child rape a capital offense under military law as recently as 2006, which has been noted as contradicting the "evolving standards of decency" justification for the decision.[28]

Also, his prison record shows numerous assaults. Dude was irredeemable, but that's not why this case is self-defense. It's self-defense because at the moment Kyle shot him he had attempted to get away and had a reasonable fear of death or great bodily harm. The rifle being carried illegally or not is irrelevant to his self-defense claim. The other people shot thinking they were acting as good Samaritans or not is also irrelevant because the first shooting was self-defense and therefore it was within Kyle's rights to resist their attacks.
I suppose we will find out if the facts support this version of events.

I am not demonizing Rittenhouse, although I believe that he had no business being there and was obviously looking for trouble. He's a stupid kid with shitty parents who wanted to be a hero.

Also, his prison record shows numerous assaults. Dude was irredeemable, but that's not why this case is self-defense. It's self-defense because at the moment Kyle shot him he had attempted to get away and had a reasonable fear of death or great bodily harm.
This is where we disagree. There's no evidence that Kyle was at risk for any great bodily harm. A punch to the face is likely what was coming but Rosenbaum was not armed, nor was he particularly large. If he had KO'd Rosenbaum with the butt of the rifle, none of this would have happened.
The rifle being carried illegally or not is irrelevant to his self-defense claim. The other people shot thinking they were acting as good Samaritans or not is also irrelevant because the first shooting was self-defense and therefore it was within Kyle's rights to resist their attacks.
The legality of his possession of the firearm, as another poster said, is indicative of the lengths he was willing to go to to participate in violence. He was willing to break multiple gun laws to arm himself and his behavior with the firearm, per multiple accounts, was that of someone who was unskilled and trigger-happy.

I appreciate that but just because it's legal to dish out capital punishment for rapists in a couple states doesn't mean there's a history of it.

Not gonna argue semantics. The simple point is that more than one jurisdiction has legislated that child rape is indeed a capital offense.

I suppose we will find out if the facts support this version of events.

I am not demonizing Rittenhouse, although I believe that he had no business being there and was obviously looking for trouble. He's a stupid kid with shitty parents who wanted to be a hero.

Not sure what you mean. It's on video. It's a fact he ran from the initial encounter and that Rosenbaum chased him down, thereby proving Kyle was trying to avoid violence. It's a fact a gun was fired behind Kyle and he stopped and turned, at which time Rosenbaum was right there in pursuit. It's a fact that the Daily Caller reporter (who can be seen providing first aid to Rosenbaum) was within a matter of feet at the time of the shooting and has stated on the record that Rosenbaum reached for the gun.

Also on video are voices saying to "get" Kyle, and to "dome him", so he ran. The guy shot in the arm ran up to Kyle and asked on video if he shot someone and where he was going. Kyle responded that he was going to the police, who were camped out a couple streets down in that direction. Then we see on video him getting knocked down from behind, a guy attempted what appears to be a flying head kick on Kyle, then the skater swing his board at Kyle and attempt to take his rifle, and finally bicep guy pulling a Glock.

Whether you think he should have been there or not makes no legal difference. What matters is whether or not he had a reasonable fear of death or great bodily harm. Based on those facts, I sure would.

The legality of his possession of the firearm, as another poster said, is indicative of the lengths he was willing to go to to participate in violence. He was willing to break multiple gun laws to arm himself and his behavior with the firearm, per multiple accounts, was that of someone who was unskilled and trigger-happy.
This is completely false, the incident and the recording show the opposite. He skillfully handled the rifle, shot only those attacking him, and as far as I can tell, fired no rounds that did not hit them. This is the exact opposite of what you’re describing.

This is where we disagree. There's no evidence that Kyle was at risk for any great bodily harm. A punch to the face is likely what was coming but Rosenbaum was not armed, nor was he particularly large. If he had KO'd Rosenbaum with the butt of the rifle, none of this would have happened.

Rosenbaum was chasing him down to deliver a single punch? Don't know how likely that is. And you're ignoring him trying to take Kyle's gun. That amounts to a lethal threat.

This is completely false, the incident and the recording show the opposite. He skillfully handled the rifle, shot only those attacking him, and as far as I can tell, fired no rounds that did not hit them. This is the exact opposite of what you’re describing.

Only a moron or a liar would claim Kyle was trigger-happy.

Rosenbaum was chasing him down to deliver a single punch? Don't know how likely that is.
How? What else would he be coming over to do? Put him in a Boston crab? Maybe three punches before he gets gunbutted?
And you're ignoring him trying to take Kyle's gun. That amounts to a lethal threat.
I see absolutely no "trying to take Kyle's gun" in the video. Kyle is running into a parking lot with a rifle pointed at the man and plenty of space between cars to keep running if he needs to. For some reason, Kyle stops running and starts shooting. You don't get to murder people running towards you with their shirt off.
"As he made his way toward it, Jeremiah saw more armed white men. Two crouched on the roof of a building, sniper style. Two or three others stood guard over the lot. One of them, a babyface with a backward ball cap, raised an assault rifle and pointed it at him."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...enhouse-shoot-protest-jacob-blake/5675987002/

He had carelessly pointed the rifle at other people than his victims and deliberately entered numerous large hostile crowds to stir shit up. He crossed state lines and brought an illegal gun to a "stop shooting people" protest.

How? What else would he be coming over to do? Put him in a Boston crab? Maybe three punches before he gets gunbutted?

I see absolutely no "trying to take Kyle's gun" in the video. Kyle is running into a parking lot with a rifle pointed at the man and plenty of space between cars to keep running if he needs to. For some reason, Kyle stops running and starts shooting. You don't get to murder people running towards you with their shirt off.

"As he made his way toward it, Jeremiah saw more armed white men. Two crouched on the roof of a building, sniper style. Two or three others stood guard over the lot. One of them, a babyface with a backward ball cap, raised an assault rifle and pointed it at him."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...enhouse-shoot-protest-jacob-blake/5675987002/

He had carelessly pointed the rifle at other people than his victims and deliberately entered numerous large hostile crowds to stir shit up. He crossed state lines and brought an illegal gun to a "stop shooting people" protest.
Once again, nothing you’ve said has provided evidence in favour of the statement you made. All you’ve provided is a political
hit job of an article which states he pointed his rifle at a man, but didn’t fire. If that’s true, it’s also not evidence of him being trigger happy as he didn’t fire the rifle.

Edit: Also, the man who was seen giving first aid to Rosenbaum has stated multiple times he watched Rosenbaum attempt take the rifle from Rittenhouse.

Back