Kunlun Epic Fight Card

To be fair Kunlun isn't exactly out there trying to promote their product to anyone not from China.

You're having to pull some detective shit just to figure out what the tournament format is.

That's not a real excuse when the job is to cover KICKBOXING.

If you're merely a fan I get it, but when you have the job title of "kickboxing writer" you should be looking into this and figuring things out. It's not like these are pissant shows.

Muay Thai doesn't promote to people outside of Thailand but if you want to follow it, it's not all that hard. I'm sure this is no different.

I don't disagree with that, I'm just saying its a bit more difficult of a promotion to get any information from.

Spent a few minutes trying to wrap my head around what Kunlun has coming.

Basically they seem to be starting a 70kg final 16 stage in 3 parts. 8 guys fighting on the 3rd, 4 guys on the 4th and the last 4 at the end of the month.

They also seem to be doing a HW tournament but the pic earlier with Gerges/Ignashov/George/Mo is fucked up. The date on it has (?) to be wrong, and still they say it's "1/8 Finals" but they have at least a total of 7 Super Heavyweight tournament matches scheduled for the upcoming events, none of em currently labeled reserve fights either.

Anways, we have a great 70kg tournament starting literally tomorrow and no site as far as I can see is covering it at all.

Murthel Groenhart, Sittichai Sitsongpeenong, Andy Souwer, Amansio Parachiv, Victor Nagbe, Moxon, Aikpracha, Ristie, Alexandre, Roosmalen all seemingly in the same tournament, even if a couple of those names in reserve fights.

No offense to the actual writers frequenting this forum but you are all dropping the ball hard atm.

Yep, it"s confirmed. Very nice pyramide. Good chance for Paraschiv to see where he stands at this age. I remember Calvo against Buakaw, I think he also fought Ristie. This part is on January 4th.

1450872_1533364273611931_5628682658874817530_n.jpg

Last edited:
And this part is on January 3. The match-ups aren"t the best here, except Sittichai-Murthel.

10518993_1529982710619602_5913202756872664737_n.jpg

they either dont care about coverage or dont have someone dedicated to securing it in english-language. I got a reply to my first email promising someone would contact me, nothing since. Its difficult to get any solid info, including actual bouts confirmed (as opposed to announced)

I did jokingly suggest Dave should learn chinese so I could keep getting my kickboxing news in the future. Aparently it's a no-go on that one :)

These chinese promotions definitely don't cater to an international audience, yet anyways. Bit bummed out for the near future. Good that the fighters are getting opportunities but english commentary and basic info of the events would be awesome.

Pipe down, shill.

This tournament is more enticing than anything Glory has planned...

Where the fuck do i watch this?

PM me with a link if you have one please

Starts 15.30 local time I think. Which would be in 3h12mins.

Just noticed E Meidie from the K-1 show just the other day is scheduled to fight on this card too. We shall see, would be less than 48h between 2 fights :)

Last edited:
Ristie vs Aikpracha? Oh man, I have to see that shit.

Robin fighting is good too.

Starts 15.30 local time I think. Which would be in 3h12mins.

Just noticed E Meidie from the K-1 show just the other day is scheduled to fight on this card too. We shall see, would be less than 48h between 2 fights :)

Really? Wow, what a tough woman.

I'm going to have to stay up for this one.

Does anyone have a link too a stream?

Back