News KSW banned all Russian fighters

Yup, this country has an exceptionally large hate boner for Russia. They would be boycotted by majority off Polish fans and media
Any particular reason? Or just left over resentment from WW2?

Many countries are using sanctions against Russia, Poland is slower to move politically as still to many ties with Russia but the Polish people are doing it anyway.

In light of Russian forces invading Ukraine, United Kingdom home secretary Priti Patel said, “The UK will not welcome the national sports teams of those countries who are complicit in Putin’s unprovoked and illegal invasion of #Ukraine.” That is from Sherdogs article: Where Volkov is waiting to see if he can go to UK for his UFC fight. Right now looks like he can but more sanctions keep happening the longer the war goes on.

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/A...n-Uncertain-Status-of-UFC-London-Fight-184963

Any particular reason? Or just left over resentment from WW2?

When Russia beat Germany in WW2 they kept all the countries they rolled through they called their new empire USSR. Ruled with a iron communist fist. But Ukraine say they had it worst as the Russian people or the people of the Rus were tribes they fought for hundreds of years the Rus they say were tribes of nomads while they had a kingdom. The Rus (Russian) took the history of the Ukraine people as their own and claimed to be them to the world. Most Polish people claim the early kingdom of Ukraine for their descent, not the Rus. Will have to review the history to get all the divisions and tribes, but that is the jist of it.

I don't understand what Shamil has to do with this, but I respect all decisions made in this current situation we are in. I was never one to generalize random persons for the actions of one's country but I guess these are the times we live in.

When Russia beat Germany in WW2 they kept all the countries they rolled through they called their new empire USSR. Ruled with a iron communist fist. But Ukraine say they had it worst as the Russian people or the people of the Rus were tribes they fought for hundreds of years the Rus they say were tribes of nomads while they had a kingdom. The Rus (Russian) took the history of the Ukraine people as their own and claimed to be them to the world. Most Polish people claim the early kingdom of Ukraine for their descent, not the Rus. Will have to review the history to get all the divisions and tribes, but that is the jist of it.
I knew the first part (Im a professor of history) Ukraine and Belarous are called the bloodlands because of the devastation endured pre, during, and post-WW2. They basically endured 2 of the most evil regimes (Hitler and Stalin) fighting for control of those regions. Suffered the collectivization program by Stalin, then the occupation of Nazi Germany during Operation Barbarossa. Then, after the Soviets marched through Berlin, they maintained the occupation of those nations and established puppet regimes. I did not know that last part about the local history of Poland and Ukraine. If on top of all that, there is more historical resentment, topped by an improved public image campaign, this all makes a lot of sense.

I knew the first part (Im a professor of history) Ukraine and Belarous are called the bloodlands because of the devastation endured pre, during, and post-WW2. They basically endured 2 of the most evil regimes (Hitler and Stalin) fighting for control of those regions. Suffered the collectivization program by Stalin, then the occupation of Nazi Germany during Operation Barbarossa. Then, after the Soviets marched through Berlin, they maintained the occupation of those nations and established puppet regimes. I did not know that last part about the local history of Poland and Ukraine. If on top of all that, there is more historical resentment, topped by an improved public image campaign, this all makes a lot of sense.

Love history and lived in Kyiv for a bit, a part of the old wall gate has this history put up on the walls inside. USSR did an amazing job of changing the history of all these countries to give themselves a history and make it look like they are the good guys, these countries are slowly taking their history back.

Careful with all this political talk guys, some sensitive mod will either delete it or banish it to some sub forum that no one reads, worse than this one lol

Dumb war that is hurting innocent people, be it throught loss of homes, lives, monetary means, etc. Never should have come to this and not needed for this region.
wars are always dumb, but if you understand why this happened, then its justifiable. And all of that politics and sports don't mix is just a lie. The governing bodies are just ponzies, following orders and putting pressure on athletes and fans.

Bombing Western Ukrainian cities is not very justifiable
ME8808R_o.jpg

The world doesn’t revolve around yanks. Because yanks do something bad doesn’t excuse every other country in the world
It does when those yanks are out to get you and want to bring Ukraine into the fold.

Because Russia doesn’t want nato in Ukraine? Oh I forgot they put nukes in Stalingrad
There is a lot more to all this. See a speech by Putin on the 23rd of February, he is frank about what the fuck is going on, and leaves some strong subtext as well that explains a lot more if you understand it. You don't usually hear presidents give this much information.

I get it. But man does this suck for all these people just trying to make an honest living.

This is going to happen a lot for optics. Shamil isn't at war with Ukraine, but I guess the fans at the arena might see him as a Russian representative.

I don't think Volkov, Pavlovich, Abdurakhimov or Valiev will end up competing at UFC London either.

Its UFC and for women reason Dansa encourage wife beaters , terrorists or russians in this case.

I have Lost all respect to ufc

Its UFC and for women reason Dansa encourage wife beaters , terrorists or russians in this case.

I have Lost all respect to ufc

Tbf I think the Russians should be able to fight. They haven't started a war.

Back