Kron Gracie versus Bryce Mitchell?

Yeah, some said Kron brawling with Cub Swanson proved he could strike. Kron showed some grit, but he got beat up pretty badly by a 36-year old (at the time) who was on a 4-loss streak. I think Bryce is better everywhere except possibly submissions, and Kron's only small chance would be catching Bryce on the ground (doubtful as Bryce would be careful).

Yeh, the Cub fight is played up. Just because it was an entertaining fight and Kron didn't get finished, doesn't mean he's good.

Bryce is indeed better everywhere. Kron would have no chance of catching Bryce at all. He wasn't good enough to even move Jourdain around enough to even think about threatening for a sub or transition, and Bryce is a way stronger top wrestler than Jourdain.

I think Bryce subs him or GNPs him for a TKO pretty easily.

Kron is barely hanging onto a spot in the UFC and got utterly outclassed by Jourdain, his game is still in the 1990s lol he's never going to beat a ranked fighter beyond the remote possibility of a round 1 sub.

If Kron is not retired and fighting at featherweight, what about Kron versus Bryce later this year?

Bryce is younger and a grappler, but Kron has been doing this for decades and won't be the easiest grapple match.

Kron also showed some hands against Cub a few years ago, and Bryce had his moments against Edson.

They could settle their score on a Flat Platform resembling Earth.

I'd like a rematch between Mitchell and Emmet. Let em fight twice a night.

Bryce is broken, Josh took his soul.

already a thread

How about this one? Just the staredown alone in the first 10 seconds is hard to beat.

Guida is more of an act to hype himself. Deigo after his bdsm loving crazy coach expose’ is definitely crazy! Crazier than both of these guys combined.

Reactions: mkt
battle of the flat earth grapplers, I like it.

Kron is now 35 and has a career total of 7 fights. He's fought once in the last 5 years.

He looked like an aging green fighter coming out of retirement in the Jourdain fight because he's an aging green fighter that came out of retirement.

The dude moved to the mountains and is a very private guy, almost a recluse. This is just my personal conjecture but he often comes off with disdain for having been put in the spotlight since childhood. He's also competed his entire life carrying around his fathers name.

Its easy to judge him for losing a lopsided decision despite his complete lack of experience and years of inactivity, but it is what it is. He needed or wanted a payday and got one.

Obviously he's not going to fight Bryce or any ranked fighter, if they offer him another fight.

Kron is now 35 and has a career total of 7 fights. He's fought once in the last 5 years.

He looked like an aging green fighter coming out of retirement in the Jourdain fight because he's an aging green fighter that came out of retirement.

The dude moved to the mountains and is a very private guy, almost a recluse. This is just my personal conjecture but he often comes off with disdain for having been put in the spotlight since childhood. He's also competed his entire life carrying around his fathers name.

Its easy to judge him for losing a lopsided decision despite his complete lack of experience and years of inactivity, but it is what it is. He needed or wanted a payday and got one.

Obviously he's not going to fight Bryce or any ranked fighter, if they offer him another fight.
While he's not quite as inactive (and never took a 4-year layoff), Brent Primus in Bellator is kind of similar. He started MMA at age 25 in 2010 and literally averaged 1 fight a year until 2021.

And there's Kron's fellow UFC FW, Ryan Hall, at age 38 with 11 fights. People have suggested that he fight Kron, as both have strong BJJ backgrounds. Hall is the more experienced and well-rounded fighter of the two, but that's not saying much. It's very hard not to be more well rounded than Kron.

Last edited:
What did Kron do to fight a ranked fighter?
The same thing he did to fight in the UFC as a guy with 4 fights in and after a three-years hiatus.

i'm curious. How Kron, that spent his life jetting between Rio de Janeiro and hte LA area, explain the fact that said cities experience opposite seasons at any given time?

Wouldn’t mind seeing it. Somewhat interesting, but will never happen and isn’t exactly a dream fight that people are clamoring for so I don’t see the reason to talk about it.

<mma4>
I really like it , Bryce obviously can’t afford any more brain trauma for about 16 months & Kron’s striking is very poor . However Bryce is a very entertaining grappler, but I think he would be in over his head in the mat against Kron .
Could be a wicked jiujitsu war with a bunch of crazy transitions, or it could be the worst kickboxing match of all time

This is actually an interesting fight.

Kron can brawl and can Mitchell lay on Kron?

Would actuallly love to see. As bad Kron has looked on the feet, Bryce isn't that much better on the feet if at allll.

I'd say an actually winnable fight for Kron Gracie in the 21st century against a high level ranked opponent.

But I think the question is going to be whether Mitchell can lay on Kron, and as good as Kron may be on the ground, I think Mitchell can lay on top of Kron 2-3 minutes a round for at least two rounds to win a decision.
I actually think it would look like Hughes vs Gracie. Bryce should be a better striker, has better wrestling and probably MMA ground game. In his last fights Kron had closed guard and couldn't do shit

nobody against bryce mitchell, for a while. let that poor guy rest.

If Kron is not retired and fighting at featherweight, what about Kron versus Bryce later this year?

Bryce is younger and a grappler, but Kron has been doing this for decades and won't be the easiest grapple match. Kron also showed some hands against Cub a few years ago, and Bryce had his moments against Edson.

Plus both like the outdoor lifestyle and living in the mountains. I think there would be a storyline there somewhere.
It's nice of you to suggest a softball for Bryce

No the fight to make for Bryce is Jonathon Pearce, that's a banger grapple match right there. No thanks to kron

Back