Kron Gracie versus Bryce Mitchell?

Limeade

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
If Kron is not retired and fighting at featherweight, what about Kron versus Bryce later this year?

Bryce is younger and a grappler, but Kron has been doing this for decades and won't be the easiest grapple match. Kron also showed some hands against Cub a few years ago, and Bryce had his moments against Edson.

Plus both like the outdoor lifestyle and living in the mountains. I think there would be a storyline there somewhere.

This is actually an interesting fight.

Kron can brawl and can Mitchell lay on Kron?

Would actuallly love to see. As bad Kron has looked on the feet, Bryce isn't that much better on the feet if at allll.

I'd say an actually winnable fight for Kron Gracie in the 21st century against a high level ranked opponent.

But I think the question is going to be whether Mitchell can lay on Kron, and as good as Kron may be on the ground, I think Mitchell can lay on top of Kron 2-3 minutes a round for at least two rounds to win a decision.

Kron doesn't deserve Bryce at all and it'd be a waste of time anyway.

Kron's striking isn't great.

Mitchell the way better grappler in every area. People can carry on about Kron being some black belt or whatever, but he's also the guy that got handled on the ground with complete ease by Jourdain. Kron was shut down so hard he couldn't even attempt anything from guard. If Jourdain can do that to him, then Bryce would fucking destroy him.

Bryce mauls and then subs him easily. This isn't BJJ.

Kron doesn't deserve Bryce at all and it'd be a waste of time anyway.

Kron's striking isn't great.

Mitchell the way better grappler in every area. People can carry on about Kron being some black belt or whatever, but he's also the guy that got handled on the ground with complete ease by Jourdain. Kron was shut down so hard he couldn't even attempt anything from guard. If Jourdain can do that to him, then Bryce would fucking destroy him.

Bryce mauls and then subs him easily. This isn't BJJ.
Excellent observation. BJJ has some limitations without the gi and becomes more like submission wrestling than playing crafty gi grip games which stall action.

Nice use of the Prefix you moron.
I'm sorry it wouldn't let me post without a prefix, and I thought that was the least wrong choice. Am I doing it incorrectly? I will try to remove it

Excellent observation. BJJ has some limitations without the gi and becomes more like submission wrestling than playing crafty gi grip games which stall action.

Yep. I mean, Jourdain is a black belt himself, but there should be a massive gap between him and Kron, and yet, Jourdain nullified him with complete ease. It wasn't like he was doing it with massive GNP or strong traditional wrestling either. Just laid on top of Kron, kept his arms safe, and threw little rabbit punches every now and then.

He made Kron look like a white belt.

Yep. I mean, Jourdain is a black belt himself, but there should be a massive gap between him and Kron, and yet, Jourdain nullified him with complete ease. It wasn't like he was doing it with massive GNP or strong traditional wrestling either. Just laid on top of Kron, kept his arms safe, and threw little rabbit punches every now and then.

He made Kron look like a white belt.
I havent gotten to visit either of the 2 to know for sure, but my educated guess is while there is nostalgia to the GracieJJ era and how well it works on opponents not in the know, its training methods and techniques fall short for being the most cutting edge moves for the cage. It seemed Eddie Bravo demonstrated theres some truth to that theory. I'm not much for rubber guard myself but the Gracies tend be stubborn to a fault.

What did Kron do to fight a ranked fighter?

i think this would be an easy win for bryce. kron gets taken down over and over, no submissions stick, and there is less than striking when it is stood up. easy decision win for bryce.

Back