Kron Gracie criticises Online Belts, Gracie University, Rener and Ryron Gracie..

Jeff Goldblum69

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
First it was Renzo and Royce who criticised online belts.... Now 2013 ADCC champion Kron Gracie is speaking up against Rener and Ryron's Gracie University program.

http://www.tatame.com.br/kron-criti...-a-faixa-nao-pode-ser-tratada-como-sanduiche/

ADCC champion 2013, Kron Gracie is one of the critics of the trivialization of the black belt. The son of Rickson, who received the maximum degree of Jiu-Jitsu at the age of 19 years of age, did not spare even family members to take care of it.

Nonconformist, Kron, in an exclusive interview with tatami, criticized Rener Gracie and Ryron leaders of Gracie University, where you can get the blue belt learning the gentle art online.

"It's a disgrace the way the Jiu-Jitsu is being sold. I am ashamed to say the Ryron and Rener teach classes online, where you can pick a track from a Gracie the internet. I am sad to know that it's happening now. Unfortunately, I can not do anything. I do not own the world, I can only control what I do. Jiu-Jitsu is a martial art. You need to put your blood in the gym, hang out with your teacher and earn the belt. It is something that is gained with time, experience, and not with money and friendship"

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Cue a two hour Gracie breakdown video.

Seriously, how the hell do you do correspondence courses for martial arts? That's McDojo bullshit.

Everyone is entitled to there own opinion, but not their own facts - even family members.

Why cant people just mind their own fucking business? im in the Ryron and Rener side here, they found a niche and they are doing ok, its not like they are selling blackbelts.

IMO they are just pissed at how good Ryron and Rener are doing.

I guess, but then I guess most people don't like seeing any type of huckster profit.

Why cant people just mind their own fucking business? im in the Ryron and Rener side here, they found a niche and they are doing ok, its not like they are selling blackbelts.

Learn swimming online, learn to box someone online, learn how to play rugby online etc .. Do you know how silly these sound?? Well it's the same with BJJ online...

A scam is a scam is a scam... No matter what their last name is ...or how "well they are doing "

There are more nuggets of truth and harsh criticism in there:

"You need to put your blood in the academy, spend time with your teacher and earn your belt. It is something you get with time and experience, not with money and friendship"

Everyone is entitled to there own opinion, but not their own facts - even family members.

There is a wonderful irony in the GA talking about facts, given that its entire Helio narrative is utterly devoid of them.

what does Kron know about Helio Gracie jiu jitsu?

Last time I heard, he can't teach Gracie Jiu Jitsu(tm).

Ummm no. :rolleyes:

Learn swimming online, learn to box someone online, learn how to play rugby online etc .. Do you know how silly these sound?? Well it's the same with BJJ online...

A scam is a scam is a scam... No matter what their last name is ...or how "well they are doing "

Agreed! :icon_chee

no problem with what they are doing as long as they don't hand out belts. Online videos are valuable resources

no problem with what they are doing as long as they don't hand out belts. Online videos are valuable resources

It's not like MGinaction or other online resources. They are handing out belts through this online program.

Just to be clear though, no one is getting a black belt through this program. Is it the best way to learn BJJ? Probably not. Can you learn BJJ this way, absolutely. Some people don't have the opportunity to go train at a gym, why shouldn't they be allowed a chance to learn and earn something to show they did it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back