Kron Gracie 2008 Mundials

TheGrappler25

White Belt
Reaction score
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wA28ByKzFqw&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wA28ByKzFqw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

big deal.. he lost.. his inexperience showed from the start.. I mean what do people expect?

give the boy some time. he will be good. I don't think he will be nearly as good as his father, but he will be a top competitor in his weight class.

i thought he looked good untill that guy got mount

I am really a huge noob when it deals with points in tournaments, but it seems to be like kron was down a bunch of points also? he got taken down like 3 times it seems, and was down some advantages because moraes nearly passed his guard a couple of times?

did kron get advantages for his cross choke attempts?

also i thought it was funny how people were not even noticing rickson standing when they were celebrating, i coudve swore i saw someone knock into him a bit lol.

krons amazing though, i love watching him fight....he will be back, and sergio moraes looks like the total package, hes amazing at everything

ya im not too knowledgeable when it comes to scoring either

u dont get points for submissions.

i thought you got advantages for near submissions

Thanks for posting. Kron will be back and likely better, wiser and stronger. This loss might ultimately take the pressure off trying to be perfect, and he might, in the long run, benefit from this loss.

He just got his black belt...he is very young...he is Rickson son. He will get over it and be one of the best ever. For him to have a record like his dad of winning every fight he ever fought is unrealistic. It is these loses that are going to determine how could of a BJJ player he really is. Loses are what make the fighter because they force you to look at your game a determine what you did right and what you need to work on. This is a stepping stone for Kron, and he will recover from this.

no u dont get point for close attempts etc. in no gi naga tournament u do butnot anything like worlds.

you do get advantages for near submissions, the signal for it is just like counting time for backpoints in wrestling or an illegal motion penalty in football. Bent elbow towards the chest and then straigthen it out, you can see the ref award it a couple of times.

As for kron, he's young and I'm sure he will be back even more fierce.

You do get advantages for near submissions.

Kron is still the man. I'm quite sure he'll be terrorizing this same division this time next year. Soon enough, anyway.

Isn't he just 19? Gracie or not you can't expect him to clean the floor with everyone.

In a way it must suck to be Ricksons' son and have to live up to the Rickson myth but you also get the benefit of being able to train with a world class grappler from birth so...

Kron did good until he got mounted. I'm sure he will learn from this and come back strong next year.

lol'd hard at kron being called inexperienced and saying he will someday be good.
I fucking love the internet.

hes young and has the best coach in the world, his father is Jesus, so he will correct his mistakes.

Back