Kron Gracie 2008 Mundials

People were saying that you can't expect Kron to be like his dad.

At age 19, Rickson was not going up against the caliber of players that Kron is up against today. The game today is different, very athletic people are joining, they're supplementing with judo. If Rickson at 19 walked out there, I'm not so sure he'd dominate as well as everyone thinks.

Are u kidding me! have u not read the Paulo Filho Article! How paulo has trained with some of the best guys carlson and BTT has produced but none of them come even close to Rickson's ability! and u know they call the Absolute black belt category The Rickson Gracie Category as well.

Kron fights and trains with other blackbelts from time to time. This is not his first experience with someone that athletic or of that caliber. I watched him train with Damien Maia, Fabio Leopoldo, Saulo, and others over the years.

yea but that's once in a while. Alliance is retooled now and they have a big number of blackbelts who are all highly skilled and get ready together for the mundials. So does brasa and we all know how bit the GB competiton team is. I don't know who trained kron for the mundials but if he just trained with his students ultill his dad came back home from brasil... I think it was a big mistake. He should have been training with the humaita guys for at leaset a month to get ready for the mundials.

looks good. am I crazy or did Kron look a lot smaller than his opponent?

I didn't realize until not that his opponent won the Middle... must lessen the blow somewhat

Are u kidding me! have u not read the Paulo Filho Article! How paulo has trained with some of the best guys carlson and BTT has produced but none of them come even close to Rickson's ability! and u know they call the Absolute black belt category The Rickson Gracie Category as well.

I have to agree with ILGrappler. Common... do you really believe that Rickson's technique was the same at 19 as it is today? Anyway, Kron didn't do terrible. He was forced into mistakes because he was put down on points and then contained by a guy with better takedowns and more competition savvy.

This was Kron's first touney as a black belt if I am not mistaken.

Give him time.

No, I haven't read the article, but Rickson was 19 before Filho was even born. I'm not talking about Rickson now or even Rickson 10 years ago, I'm talking about him as a 19 year old.

<OBJECT height=344 width=425>
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wA28ByKzFqw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></OBJECT>
</P>
damn ... that guy sure as hell wasn't lettin anyone build a reputation at his expense!

I am really a huge noob when it deals with points in tournaments, but it seems to be like kron was down a bunch of points also? he got taken down like 3 times it seems, and was down some advantages because moraes nearly passed his guard a couple of times?

did kron get advantages for his cross choke attempts?

also i thought it was funny how people were not even noticing rickson standing when they were celebrating, i coudve swore i saw someone knock into him a bit lol.

krons amazing though, i love watching him fight....he will be back, and sergio moraes looks like the total package, hes amazing at everything

Kinda looked like the one guy in the black tank top was tryin to be provocative to me. Rickson's wife saw it too but Rickson played it off and let them have their moment.

I bet Kron comes back better prepared next time.

Congrats to Otavio Souza but I hate when all the damn friends start celebratin like they did something. Reminds me of Sperry always climbin in the ring after other BTT guys wins and rippin off his shirt for pictures!

wtf?

Congrats to Otavio Souza but I hate when all the damn friends start celebratin like they did something. Reminds me of Sperry always climbin in the ring after other BTT guys wins and rippin off his shirt for pictures!

wtf?
I'm sorry, I may have missed something... but it was Sergio Moraes who beat Kron. Sergio was a monster! I don't remember the match after Kron, but he beat Cassio in the quarters, he beat Vitor Estima in the simis, and beat Bill Cooper in the Finals.

Kinda looked like the one guy in the black tank top was tryin to be provocative to me. Rickson's wife saw it too but Rickson played it off and let them have their moment.

I bet Kron comes back better prepared next time.

wtf?

yea man, rickson is like the biggest alpha male ever, although everyone probobly thought he would do a flying armbar on the guy, he just smirked and luaghed it off like nothing...

and thats pretty funny about sperry, i never knew that

Rickson would have devoured that guy's soul if it wasn't just a morsel.

The guy who bumped into Rickson was part of the Alliance crew and the man standing right next to him was Fabio Gurgel, no slouch himself. They were all very excited about the victory (and Alliance had a VERY good weekend) and I'm sure that there was no disrespect intended. All those people go way back and they are all very much in tune with what Rickson has meant for the BJJ world. That is another reason why they were so happy that Sergio beat Kron.

And losing to the guy who ends up winning the Mundials isn't all that bad. Personally I thought he did okay. Constantly trying for the choke, standing back up, working his sweeps. He just fell short that day.

lol poor Kron, they feed him to Jacare #2. That guy is athletic as fuck.... and won the division.. what was the score? it was a "beatdown" ... Kron is still young + he lost to the best guy of the div.

I think the score was 11-2 before sergio tapped him out.

wow, that was a punch to the face to rickson when they were celebrating right next to him.

Back