Kownacki-Helenius Rematch, Efe Ajagba-Frank Sanchez Slated For Fury-Wilder Undercard

It's a very smart move. Kudos to both Top Rank & PBC for agreeing to do so. And for each risking one of their heavyweight contenders in the Ajagba - Sanchez fight. I can't wait for next month now.
I remmember Frank helping Canelo prepare for Smith's [relatively] giant limbs.

The HW prospect has the privilege of sparring with Andy Ruiz now:

This should be a very good fight, and the winner should be given a shot at a top 5 guy.

I really like that both stables involved are using their biggest possible HW PPV to showcase their HW prospects and to introduce them to a larger audience. That's a smart move and we get a more stacked card.
I don't agree with calling them prospects at this point, they are both with-in the top 10 rankings of one or more of the alphabet orgs

My most anticipated hw prospect is actually wasting time trying to get into the olympics... BoxRec: Bakhodir Jalolov

This should be a very good fight, and the winner should be given a shot at a top 5 guy.

I don't agree with calling them prospects at this point, they are both with-in the top 10 rankings of one or more of the alphabet orgs

My most anticipated hw prospect is actually wasting time trying to get into the olympics... BoxRec: Bakhodir Jalolov

Jalolov is a monster, bu the whole field at SHW at the Olympics is looking good.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxin...cs_–_Qualification#Super_heavyweight_(+91_kg)
Him, Huni, Torrez Jr., Dainier Pero, Mourad Aliev, Frazier Clarke, Kunkabayev, those are all quality fighters and you also have a few others who are pretty good.
5 of those who I have named are Southpaws, suddenly there seems to be a ton of good Southpaw fighters at SHW.

Jalolov is a monster, bu the whole field at SHW at the Olympics is looking good.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_at_the_2020_Summer_Olympics_–_Qualification#Super_heavyweight_(+91_kg)
Him, Huni, Torrez Jr., Dainier Pero, Mourad Aliev, Frazier Clarke, Kunkabayev, those are all quality fighters and you also have a few others who are pretty good.
5 of those who I have named are Southpaws, suddenly there seems to be a ton of good Southpaw fighters at SHW.
I don't agree with that being a good reason.
all the guys you named are only amateur fighters, except for 2 that have 3 and 4 local fights. And Jalalov already beat some of them in the amateurs already.

Jalalov would have been a pro title contender next year if he wasn't wasting time having amateur bouts still.

I guess it's more of a cultural thing over there. and I think someone here once said about an east european country(uzba or khazakh maybe??) where their goverment pays their amateur boxers.

I agree more with floyd when he said "hell nah, trophies do nothing but collect dust".

I’d definitely call them prospects at this point.

Neither of them have fought or beat anyone above journeyman level. They have their ratings based on being unbeaten, not on who they have beaten. they’ve only beaten guys they are expected to beat. For both of them this is their first real challenge as a pro

This is the fight where both of them stop being prospects, and the winner actually takes a proper step forward

Well that and the likelihood that Sanchez is 28 going on 45. He’s very much the finished product despite his record while Ajagba is by all accounts and appearances still relatively young and green. I think the disparity in experience while make for a tough fight, but Ajagba’s size, strength, and youth should see him through

Back