Kownacki-Helenius Rematch, Efe Ajagba-Frank Sanchez Slated For Fury-Wilder Undercard

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
BoxingScene.com has learned that the rematch between Adam Kownacki and Robert Helenius is expected to be placed on the Fury-Wilder undercard. BoxingScene.com also has confirmed that representatives for unbeaten heavyweights Efe Ajagba and Frank Sanchez are close to finalizing a deal for them to square off as part of an ESPN/FOX Sports pay-per-view venture.

Heavyweight Jared Anderson (9-0, 9 KOs), a promising prospect promoted by Bob Arum’s Top Rank Inc., will be showcased in the pay-per-view opener against an opponent to be announced.

https://www.boxingscene.com/kownack...-158246?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

PPV portion:

FURY 30-0-1 (21)Top Rank) vs Wilder 42-1-1(41) PBC

Helenius 30-3 (19) PBC vs Kownacki 20-1 (15) PBC

Ajagba 15-0 (12) Top Rank vs Frank Sanchez 18-0 (13) PBC

Jared Anderson 9-0 (9) Top Rank vs TBA another Top rank fighter

BoxingScene.com has learned that the rematch between Adam Kownacki and Robert Helenius is expected to be placed on the Fury-Wilder undercard. BoxingScene.com also has confirmed that representatives for unbeaten heavyweights Efe Ajagba and Frank Sanchez are close to finalizing a deal for them to square off as part of an ESPN/FOX Sports pay-per-view venture.

Heavyweight Jared Anderson (9-0, 9 KOs), a promising prospect promoted by Bob Arum’s Top Rank Inc., will be showcased in the pay-per-view opener against an opponent to be announced.

https://www.boxingscene.com/kownack...-158246?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Oh, man. I should have known you'd beat me to it. I just came here to post this news but now I don't have to. You're always on top of things, bro. Good job.

I'm pretty excited about this card now as it has the makings of a great night of heavyweight boxing. I love that Jared Anderson is opening the PPV. It will be interesting to see which Top Rank heavyweight they choose to put him in with. If I were a TR matchmaker I'd either put him in with someone who might test him or I'd put him in a showcase bout with someone with name value like a Trey Lippe Morrison. Morrison looked awful his last time out but he's still unbeaten. So, it would be a good win on his resume.

I like Helenius to repeat over Kownacki in a slugfest.

As for Ajagba vs Sanchez, that's a very interesting match-up. I have no clue who will win. I could see it going either way.

Oh, man. I should have known you'd beat me to it. I just came here to post this news but now I don't have to. You're always on top of things, bro. Good job.

I'm pretty excited about this card now as it has the makings of a great night of heavyweight boxing. I love that Jared Anderson is opening the PPV. It will be interesting to see which Top Rank heavyweight they choose to put him in with. If I were a TR matchmaker I'd either put him in with someone who might test him or I'd put him in a showcase bout with someone with name value like a Trey Lippe Morrison. Morrison looked awful his last time out but he's still unbeaten. So, it would be a good win on his resume.

As for Ajagba vs Sanchez, that's a very interesting match-up. I have no clue who will win. I could see it going either way.

Ridiculously stacked card. The Tank/Barrios card is also stacked with Lubin/Rosario.

PBC is dominating the spring/summer.

Thanks Bro.

I agree on the Helenius point... picking Sanchez to beat Ajagba.... 2 unbeaten but vulnerable HW’s

My money is on Sanchez at this stage of their careers, it's a hard fight for Ajagba.
Respect for both guys for taking this one.

Frank Sanchez seems to be the better technician in that matchup.

Are we sure this card isn't from the 90's Heavyweight Explosion?

Kushner.cedric.jpg

Was going to begrudgingly buy, now I'll exuberantly buy :)

The Kownacki vs Helenius I fight was very satisfying, and also very entertaining.
Gotta go with Frank "I swear I'm only 28" Sanchez over Ajagba, but Efe does have a lot of pop, so there is intrigue there too.
Hopefully they put Anderson in against somebody with a pulse and it'll be a slam dunk.

Was going to begrudgingly buy, now I'll exuberantly buy :)

The Kownacki vs Helenius I fight was very satisfying, and also very entertaining.
Gotta go with Frank "I swear I'm only 28" Sanchez over Ajagba, but Efe does have a lot of pop, so there is intrigue there too.
Hopefully they put Anderson in against somebody with a pulse and it'll be a slam dunk.

Apparently a 22-0-1 Russian for Anderson. Vladimir Tereshkin. I checked him out on boxrec & he hasn't fought anyone outside of a bunch of eastern European clubfighters & journeymen. And he's only got about a 50% KO ratio so he's not a big puncher. So, I doubt if he'll test "The Real Big Baby" too much.

I really like that both stables involved are using their biggest possible HW PPV to showcase their HW prospects and to introduce them to a larger audience. That's a smart move and we get a more stacked card.

I really like that both stables involved are using their biggest possible HW PPV to showcase their HW prospects and to introduce them to a larger audience. That's a smart move and we get a more stacked card.

It's a very smart move. Kudos to both Top Rank & PBC for agreeing to do so. And for each risking one of their heavyweight contenders in the Ajagba - Sanchez fight. I can't wait for next month now.

Back