KO vs Domination

If Herb hadn't jumped in, JDS could have "dominated" Cain's corpse for 30 minutes. Cain went to sleep. It doesn't get more "dominating" than that.

Bingo. Ko dominates domination. It puts a definite end to it. No questions asked.

Bingo. Ko dominates domination. It puts a definite end to it. No questions asked.

Wrong. On what planet is an early KO from a heavyweight more impressive than a bell to bell domination? Four days in and the tears are still flowing.

Somebody needs to post a pick of Cain post-first fight and JDS post-second fight. Then get out the popcorn as all the fanboys still try to explain how JDS' win was more impressive.

Yeah....Cain's domination of JDS was much more impressive than JDS' KO of Cain. I know its more dragged out and not as exciting, but it was definitely more impressive.

No 2 fights are the same. While Randleman's KO of CroCop was impressive, I never bought that he was a better fighter. In Cain's case it was obvious he is the better overall fighter and it was just a matter of coming with the right gameplan.

Wrong. On what planet is an early KO from a heavyweight more impressive than a bell to bell domination? Four days in and the tears are still flowing.

On Planet Sherdog.

Ignore please and thank you.

Last edited:
I would take domination over KO any to time as a factor to determine who the better fighter is.

This. Multi-round ass-whoopings are more impressive to me than most straight KO's, and a better indicator of who is actually the more skilled fighter.

Lol. So since Serra's KO over GSP was after the three minute mark it's TOTALLY DIFFERENT than JDS' KO over the vastly superior Cain.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmk.

Again with this BS. You can't compare GSP and Serra to Cain and JDS seeing as how GSP has owned the division since getting the belt back from Serra and Serra has never really done anything since losing it.

If Cain defends his belt multiple times and JDS never earns another title shot, then feel free to make those comparisons.

When's the last time gsp got dominated for 5 rounds?

Never, but that doesn't really have anything to do with Cain and JDS. I'm sure JDS could have held back and kept the first fight going a little longer if he wanted too, but he saw an opportunity to finish and he took it, so I really don't understand why people want to pretend that he wasn't better than Cain that night. Cain was better than him Saturday. I won't say who's the overall better fighter until I see a rubber match.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back