KO of the week : Shogun Rua vs Lyoto Machida

Before Jones stole both of their souls. Mainly Shoguns but it's good to see him make a push back for the title. I'm afraid for him this weekend though.

One of my favorite finishes mostly because I hated how he got robbed in the 1st fight. I always appreciated how he stopped punching Lyoto once he was out.

I remember thinking Shogun was done as a fighter and Machida was in for a long reign. But damn Shogun still had some speed and movement back them.

why is that Conor tko still on ko of the week?

One of my fav...shame with all the injuries

One of my favorite finishes mostly because I hated how he got robbed in the 1st fight. I always appreciated how he stopped punching Lyoto once he was out.
Yeah, Shogun was already past prime, had a broken body, and still, even then, at his worst, was better than Machida was at his best. Machida got a bullshit decision there over a past prime, aged athlete. The division and the sport faced a devolution of the game when a fucking karate mcdojo guy won the title. Luckily it was short lived and sense prevailed at the end.

Awesome knockout... and this guy could be on a four fight win streak come Sunday!!!

War Shogun. Crazy part is he ripped his ACL again during the second fight and still got the KO. He should have retired after his 3rd ACL surgery and he's way past his prime, but I'll be damned if I wont watch him this weekend and all aboard the WAR WAGON.

This is one of those Uber-nostalgic fights for me. Shock followed by jubilation. Fights like this are what made me a fan.

Awesome knockout... and this guy could be on a four fight win streak come Sunday!!!
Yup. I was just going to remind everybody this weekends UFC card is on Sunday.

Starts at 12pm ET.

Still an amazing scrap!

i_cfc_medium.jpg

Machida was jacked as well; had the pre USADA delts, traps, upper chest. Never looked the same after testing:
WMZGICF.jpg

Fuck outta here with this dumb shit

Back