KO of the week : Shogun Rua vs Lyoto Machida

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Freebie released by The UFC in advance of Shoguns' return this weekend.

Brutal KO - That GnP was nasty.

Bounced Teh Dragons head off the canvas like a Harlem Globetrotter. Ouch.

Shogun is one of the best finishers in the biz when he has someone hurt.

Shogun once was the baddest boy on the planet. Where’s that thread of all the shogun knockouts gifs

I always believed that Shogun's UFC tenure would of been even more successful if the rules allowed stomps/kicks to a downed opponent..

UnluckyCrazyKittiwake.gif

He had a good knack for it. Was also a skill he never got to utilize in the UFC..

I always believed that Shogun's UFC tenure would of been even more successful if the rules allowed stomps/kicks to a downed opponent..

He had a good knack for it. Was also a skill he never got to utilize in the UFC..
His run was pretty damn good in the UFC up until 2012.
His debut against Forrest was bad and disappointing, but he then avenged it 4 years later brutally.

He had the loss to Jones, which humanized him. And Super-humanized Jones.

Then other than those 2 fights, he was 5-1 with 5 KO's. And that 1 loss was the maybe the greatest fight of all time with Hendo.

Of course they released it because Machida went to Bellator and why not to make him look bad?

One thing I liked about that finish is the ref didn't stop the fight, Shogun stopped the fight soon as he realized Machida was out.

I love Yves Lavigne pushing Shogun away all serious and protective... 5 seconds after shogun already stopped punching by himself and was getting up

i_cfc_medium.jpg

Machida was jacked as well; had the pre USADA delts, traps, upper chest. Never looked the same after testing:
WMZGICF.jpg

TSN broadcast that fight and the Kos-Daley shit show beforehand. Daley is still experiencing the Dana grudge lol

Shogun's quick, accurate follow up shots were very impressive. Machida basically had no chance after the initial shot that dropped him.

TSN broadcast that fight and the Kos-Daley shit show beforehand. Daley is still experiencing the Dana grudge lol

Shogun's quick, accurate follow up shots were very impressive. Machida basically had no chance after the initial shot that dropped him.
Straight into the mount too, to seal the deal.

Nasty finish of a stunned opponent.

Shogun is a killer.

THe UFC pretty much ripped him off of his best weapons.

Back