Known BJJ Tokers

I do PCP before I grapple. Superhuman strength, can't feel pain.

One of the bigger differences between rolling high and say, boxing high, is that in BJJ most of your decisions will be based off of tactile awareness and sensitivity, versus boxing, where a lot of your sensitivity is visual.

This makes your reactions in these sports based off of different stimuli, and if you are stoned you may find that your tactile awareness and sensitivity are increased. Others find themselves experiencing tunnel vision or a sort of sensory overload. Some feel more relax and able to feel their opponent's momentum, others become more anxious and tense, etc.

does smoking weed decrease performance before tourneys in worse conditioning just like smoking cigarettes? or is it just the amount you smoke or also how close to a tournament?

i hate it when people try to say shit like, oh, weed makes you more sensitive...so you roll better...how's this for thought: train hard, so you roll better. and if you want to smoke weed, be honest with yourself...the only reason you smoke weed is to get HIGH! nothing wrong with that, but just don't lie to yourself and everyone else.

have you been in room full of people stoned off their asses and you weren't? they look like bunch of retards. you try to tell me they'd have an advantage over me? get real!

i hate it when people try to say shit like, oh, weed makes you more sensitive...so you roll better...how's this for thought: train hard, so you roll better. and if you want to smoke weed, be honest with yourself...the only reason you smoke weed is to get HIGH! nothing wrong with that, but just don't lie to yourself and everyone else.

have you been in room full of people stoned off their asses and you weren't? they look like bunch of retards. you try to tell me they'd have an advantage over me? get real!

we're not lying to ourselves. everyone reacts differently to different drugs. you're opinion is you're opinion, and thats why it doesnt matter.

many people dont smoke weed just to get 'HIGH' and laugh at the walls. based on the tone of your post, this is how you probably perceive what being 'HIGH' is.

why do you hate it when people say that certain substances heightens their senses?
do you get mad when people say coffee makes them more alert in the morning?
pretty silly thing to get mad about, dont you think?

PS

people who get high and act retarded are probably retarded to begin with, thats not the plants fault.

I have no idea if bj penn used to smoke, but i am pretty certain he doesn't smoke anymore.

I'm pretty sure he has to do drug tests pretty regularly and hes not aloud to drink, do drugs etc. This is all from his court case when he beat up a police officer.

we're not lying to ourselves. everyone reacts differently to different drugs. you're opinion is you're opinion, and thats why it doesnt matter.

many people dont smoke weed just to get 'HIGH' and laugh at the walls. based on the tone of your post, this is how you probably perceive what being 'HIGH' is.

why do you hate it when people say that certain substances heightens their senses?
do you get mad when people say coffee makes them more alert in the morning?
pretty silly thing to get mad about, dont you think?

PS

people who get high and act retarded are probably retarded to begin with, thats not the plants fault.

im not anti weed, im not anti getting high. i do it once a while. i've been in more than one occasion with more than one group of people where i was the sober one, and they all look and act retarded.

im anti trying to justify getting high through some kind of "higher" purpose...ie bjj, or making music..etc

and if indeed weed gives you an "advantage", than you are a cheater. you got "better" through ways other than your natural body's, ability and hard work. next time you boo Bonds or Clemens, you might want to think twice.

by the way, if you smoke weed for any other reason than getting high, what is it? you like the taste? you are into gardening? you just find those tiny crystals so adorable?

im anti trying to justify getting high through some kind of "higher" purpose...ie bjj, or making music..etc

thats cool. if you want to live by that principal go for it, and it'll probably work better for you. but why be "anti"? why be against other people who claim that weed makes their minds more open and their lives a little better? many artists, philosophers, scientists, musicians, etc. don't NEED it in order to create but use as it as tool to help them create. eddie bravo, love him or hate him, admits that weed helped him find his style of jiu jitsu that worked best for him. is eddie bravo a loser or less of a skilled grappler because he used weed as a tool?

getting high has many disadvantages but it also has a number of advantages whether it helps people relax their muscles after a hard day of training, going to sleep at night after being really amped up from a rolling session, it helps them think creatively or all of the above.

people who are pro-weed aren't attempting to 'justify' why they like getting high. it's more than that. people aren't making up excuses to get high. what they're doing is listing the positive effects that weed gives THEM. not everyone feels that same effects, so just because you might not feel what they feel after smoking doesn't mean that their lieing about their experience.

and if indeed weed gives you an "advantage", than you are a cheater. you got "better" through ways other than your natural body's, ability and hard work. next time you boo Bonds or Clemens, you might want to think twice.

again thats your philosophy, and it's a noble one. but cmon man you can't compare steroids with weed. you've said yourself that you've tried weed so you know the comparison is no where near that. i mean if you want to go on that logic then you can also call people who use energy drinks, muscle milk, and and advil cheaters.
by the way, if you smoke weed for any other reason than getting high, what is it? you like the taste? you are into gardening? you just find those tiny crystals so adorable?

like i said above. being high is MANY different things.
i do enjoy the taste actually.
getting into it.
i do think they look nice.

i'm not trying to sway you from your principals, but to say that all people who smoke weed are just trying to make excuses sounds ignorant.

sorry for the length.

Back