Known BJJ Tokers

LCDforMe

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I know threads similar to this have been done, however, this is asking who do you think smokes...not just what you think about eddie bravo.

So which bjj guys do you know of or do you speculate smoke marijuana?

My List:

Nick Diaz
Nate Diaz
Eddie Bravo
Joe Rogan (I guess that counts)
Jeff Glover (http://youtube.com/watch?v=NNEaIr2mK1I&feature=related)
BJ Penn (damn, pretty much every hawaiin i bet...)

What do you guys think?

I quit smoking weed about 7 months ago. I feel a lot better, and my cardio is greater than its ever been. My wallet is fuller as well.

One of the best things I've ever done.

I was a pretty heavy smoker (like 3 or 4 blunts a day), but I just got tired of it and burnt out.

I quit smoking weed about 7 months ago. I feel a lot better, and my cardio is greater than its ever been. My wallet is fuller as well.

One of the best things I've ever done.

I was a pretty heavy smoker (like 3 or 4 blunts a day), but I just got tired of it and burnt out.

invest in a vaporizor bro. it's the best of both worlds, your lungs don't get filled with tar and your lungs don't have to suffer.

Lots of BJJ guys smoke weed. I know of a few popular guys who do from first hand experience. But...wasteland.

Hey c'mon now. Just bjjers? No one inviting Kazuhiro Nakamura?

I don't mind this thread personally but it's going to die very quickly, let's face it. Can't wait till the straight edge grapplers get here.

Even if you think it's not that bad- anything can be overdone. Wouldn't roll stoned personally just out of courtesy to other people- I don't think it'd be that dangerous (it's not really like drink at all) but I know some people do and I think it'd be a little unfair.

Dude... there are alot of them, I've smoked with quite a few. But... if they wanted it to be public knowledge you would probably already know.

Dude... there are alot of them, I've smoked with quite a few. But... if they wanted it to be public knowledge you would probably already know.

Ditto. Ive been with some higher level guys and Im like "damn you smoke, for real?:icon_cry2"

BJJ tokers? More than you think?

Known ones? I think theyve pretty much been listed.

First off, I wouldn't call myself a "bjj" guy, more of a mixed grappler (a little BJJ, wrestling, judo).

But...I hit the vaporizer before and after my grappling classes. I wouldn't say it makes me a better grappler, but I swear if makes me more focused, relaxed and intensifies the learning process.

In the Sam Stout book "A Fighters Heart" he talks about training with a respected BJJer (in Brazil) that would smoke weed, roll, or surf.

First off, I wouldn't call myself a "bjj" guy, more of a mixed grappler (a little BJJ, wrestling, judo).

But...I hit the vaporizer before and after my grappling classes. I wouldn't say it makes me a better grappler, but I swear if makes me more focused, relaxed and intensifies the learning process.

In the Sam Stout book "A Fighters Heart" he talks about training with a respected BJJer (in Brazil) that would smoke weed, roll, or surf.

that book was what got my interest.

its all bout that vape, though...got one.

I've always thought rolling with another dude high was just gay.

On a more serious note (well, not entirely...)

Does anyone think that smoking bud gives you a competitive advantage? I know Nick Diaz got suspended for it. I guess for image reasons you don't want someone you have under contract participating in illegal activity, but is that really the reason.

Personally, I can only do a few things really well when stoned. Listen to music, space out, stare at things, etc.

I don't do BJJ or competiitve MMA yet, I just train. So maybe there is something I am missing. Is there something to it? I heard one argument against Diaz was that he was 'numbed' and therefore had and enhanced ability to absorb punishment. I don't really buy that.

Meh, weed is for losers. I do MDMA before I roll because it feeeeels sooooo goooood.

"Dude your gi is so soft... I just wanna rub my face on it Mmmmmmmm"

On a more serious note (well, not entirely...)

Does anyone think that smoking bud gives you a competitive advantage? I know Nick Diaz got suspended for it. I guess for image reasons you don't want someone you have under contract participating in illegal activity, but is that really the reason.

Personally, I can only do a few things really well when stoned. Listen to music, space out, stare at things, etc.

I don't do BJJ or competiitve MMA yet, I just train. So maybe there is something I am missing. Is there something to it? I heard one argument against Diaz was that he was 'numbed' and therefore had and enhanced ability to absorb punishment. I don't really buy that.

Competitive advantage? Hmm tough to say. I've grappled and boxed high and I can't see it giving me a real advantage. Like I said I feel more focused.

Competitive disadvantage? Possibly. It supposedly makes your reactions slower.

That being said I wouldn't compete while high.

Back