Know what movies are pretty good? Hunger Games

Cherry Brigand

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I read the first two books and thought they were very interesting around the time they were first getting popular. I put the third one down at about 40 pages as it was just tuuuuuurrrible.

All four movies are now on Hulu. They're pretty good and do a good job of capturing (what I remember) of the books. I don't know how far they waivered from the source material, but I even found that though there were 4 movies, they didn't draw the material out to a painful degree like those WOEFUL hobbit movies.

Also, they did a very good job of showing the effects of war on the characters. None of the main characters is unscathed.

Also, Donald Sutherland was amazing as the President...especially in the last 30 minutes of the last film.

Thumbs up!

I loved the first one but I watched in on a plane so I think it was just I would have loved just about anything to distract me on the long flight. I watched it again when it hit HBO or whatever and thought it was really corny. Never got through all the sequels but I think I did see the second one.

I actually just rewatched them on hulu. Good series to watch while doing other stuff. TBH though throughout the series I am wondering why the entire united states has become pussies.

The first one is a very good movie. Very underrated and unfairly grouped in with all the other young adult crap like Twilight and Maze Runner.

The second one is also quite good and the last two are reasonably good.

they aren't the worst but lately i just cannot even look at that lawrence woman.
i think it was after the fappening came out. she just looked like such a skank i just can't anymore.

Actually almost starting to look prophetic..

Decent movies.

The continuity is all over, the plot is unbelievable, the dialogue is poor at best, the motives of the characters are dumb, and the ending was terrible.

My wife made me watch them.

Other chick shit my wife made me watch was twilight (not as bad as hunger games but bad) and 50 shades (surprisingly good with better story arcs than I was expecting and far better acting than the others)

Watched the first two with my then teen daughter, wasn't bad IMO. I'm not the target audience, but I've sat through worse chick-flicks and RomComs

I read the first two books and thought they were very interesting around the time they were first getting popular. I put the third one down at about 40 pages as it was just tuuuuuurrrible.

All four movies are now on Hulu. They're pretty good and do a good job of capturing (what I remember) of the books. I don't know how far they waivered from the source material, but I even found that though there were 4 movies, they didn't draw the material out to a painful degree like those WOEFUL hobbit movies.

Also, they did a very good job of showing the effects of war on the characters. None of the main characters is unscathed.

Also, Donald Sutherland was amazing as the President...especially in the last 30 minutes of the last film.

Thumbs up!

The Hunger Games were the first novels I ever read for fun. And I say that as someone who hates reading lol.

First book was awesome. Second was meh, and third was pretty boring except the ending sequences.

Watched the first two, they were alright at best. Influenced heavily by Battle Royale which is a way superior film. Second one is shit mind you.

Really weird thing with my viewing of that series in that I enjoyed all three of the first three films a good bit and yet never watched the fourth. At the time, for whatever reason, the group of friends I typically saw movies with wasn’t able to get on the same page for it and I just never went out to see it or made an effort afterwards.

I’ll have to check it out on Hulu. I do remember being impressed how the story played out over three films. I figured it was going to get old quick but it unfolded well.

"Mortal Engines" is an underrated book and movie, much better than "Hunger Games" or "Divergent" (in terms of the dystopian future / young adult fiction genre)

The continuity is all over, the plot is unbelievable, the dialogue is poor at best, the motives of the characters are dumb, and the ending was terrible.

My wife made me watch them.

Other chick shit my wife made me watch was twilight (not as bad as hunger games but bad) and 50 shades (surprisingly good with better story arcs than I was expecting and far better acting than the others)

your wife made you watch…ok then lol

Back