Know anyone with Cte or early signs?

biscuitsbrah

Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score
Seems like two people I know who are only 31 and 33 years old are already showing signs of a combination of early CTE and slight wet brain.

Wet brain is a form of alcohol brain damage that results from repeat and heavy exposure to alcohol. Also known as Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome, wet brain stems from a thiamine (vitamin B1) deficiency. Thiamine is an essential vitamin in the body that doesn't occur naturally.

I feel like this combination makes these people act pretty fucking bizarre. Like I knew them for about 7-8 years now and I’ve seen the damage they have taken over the years and alcohol they consumed and they are totally different people from when I met them.

Seems like since they are brain damaged and not as self-aware anymore it takes a huge toll on your ego and artificially inflates it if not kept in check by others around you.

Idk just my experience. It could just be an ego thing but it’s so easy to attribute some weirdo and retarded behavior I see in these grown adults to brain damage. I used to think this kind of behavior is a result of just unchecked ego and substance abuse because these people are way too young to show signs of brain damage but seeing it happen to people around me it’s clear to me that the brain damage is a HUGE contributing factor

(For instance I see the same behavior in mcgregor and the drug and alcohol abuse only makes it worse, but the underlying reason for his behavior is CTE imo)

Last edited:
A few of the Thai's I know certainly have it

How do they act that make you believe this

Slurred words, lazy eyes etc.

I think it's unavoidable if you have 100+ fights in a striking sport. My coach had 150 (roughly 100 wins, 50 losses) and he SEEMS to have gotten away with it, but he also fought at a crazy light weight

Well, if not exactly about CTE but other damages, yeah and a lot.
-
Ammy ranks, these fights were in era well before 80 ies.........
-
One with 200-20 ammy record, pretty young turned into coaching, basically : headaches a lot, normal speech even in retirement age but yeah, sufferings a lot. He really told that there is some number of blows one is able to take during his life until....... memory problems he did not had and otherwise was normal, unless headaches tortured him a lot.
-
Another, he had Popecenko in the ring 2 or 3 times too, this needed assistance in retirement age cos serious memory problems, otherwise was normal. Popecenko was ammy ( so doesn't bang hard ) with 80 KOs in his ammy resume.
---------
Pro ( worhisped idols ) ranks: lesser than 10 pro fights, get enough serious bangup and now start to talk to answer question with delay after question. Am fights 100+ under belt.
-------
Pro ( again idols ): lesser than 10 pro fights, >200 in ammies ( KB, boxe + some other stuff ).
Delusional about further possible achievments, lack of cirical self evaluation.
Blinking sometimes, lack of enough coordinated defense if striking attacks are coming from one side. MR = good.

Last edited:
Empty eyes/gaze
Speech is off

Every pro guy i know talks in same way

Shit I’m starting to think I’m getting it at 36. Sometimes I can’t fucking articulate what I’m trying to say. Most annoying thing in the world.

Shit I’m starting to think I’m getting it at 36. Sometimes I can’t fucking articulate what I’m trying to say. Most annoying thing in the world.

How many fights in are you? I just started amateur kickboxing at 29, but have a good job and am not selling out to be a pro fighter. Want to take it as far as I can tho...

8 ammy and 4 pro

I’m probably just being paranoid about it though.

it’s fucked all the new tech you have to learn for skilled jobs. When I’m 40 with CTE these kids are gonna be runnin circles around me.

anything besides concussions and headaches after hard sparring/fights to look out for? I’ve been trying to do a lot of smoothies with anti oxidants to recover the brain but it probably ain’t gonna do shit.

it’s fucked all the new tech you have to learn for skilled jobs. When I’m 40 with CTE these kids are gonna be runnin circles around me.

anything besides concussions and headaches after hard sparring/fights to look out for? I’ve been trying to do a lot of smoothies with anti oxidants to recover the brain but it probably ain’t gonna do shit.

I dunno probably being unable to recall some fights isn’t good. Again I’m not the best guy to ask as I’ve never actually been diagnosed and am probably just being paranoid. There are a couple fights that I just have no memory of though and there were some fights that when I was done and was watching the replay I thought that certain position lasted a hell of a lot longer than they seemed. But that could also just be the adrenaline.

I dunno probably being unable to recall some fights isn’t good. Again I’m not the best guy to ask as I’ve never actually been diagnosed and am probably just being paranoid. There are a couple fights that I just have no memory of though and there were some fights that when I was done and was watching the replay I thought that certain position lasted a hell of a lot longer than they seemed. But that could also just be the adrenaline.
Adrenaline messes with time perception, badly.

I’ve been trying to do a lot of smoothies with anti oxidants to recover the brain but it probably ain’t gonna do shit.

I made this video going over things that may affect brain health.

Some of these things affect things such as brain size which may not directly affect function but I don’t think most people like the idea of having a physically smaller brain.

Do you see a lot of amatuer guys walk away Scott free?

So over here you mostly see hobbyists who fight in a few interclub/smokers and that's about it, so generally I see them getting away with it, but that being said most of the professional fighters I've met from the UK and France don't seem like they've got any issues, I'm not a doctor of course but they mostly seem alright - maybe it will take a few more years for it to show in some of them if it does at all

If you watch Tim Kennedy's recent interviews, it's shocking how he does NOT seem to have any sign of CTE. This is a guy who has had many MMA fights and been involved in many gun battles/bombing missions. He also filmed a TV show where he had to be a human test dummy.

I made this video going over things that may affect brain health.

Some of these things affect things such as brain size which may not directly affect function but I don’t think most people like the idea of having a physically smaller brain.

I was waiting to see how to weigh your brain lmao. The nutrition and body fat makes sense. I think specifically belly fat that affects your hormones is a key variable. This is a good video to put some theories in perspective. I'm also banking on Elon's Neuralink to be able to do something in 30 years.

Slurred words, lazy eyes etc.

I think it's unavoidable if you have 100+ fights in a striking sport. My coach had 150 (roughly 100 wins, 50 losses) and he SEEMS to have gotten away with it, but he also fought at a crazy light weight

To be fair, many former low or mid ranked retired thai fighters are that way because of cheap thai whiskey and drugs.

Back