knight vs samurai.

Fyi this is what a knight looks like. He'd fuck the samurais silly.

Elton-John-Getty.jpg

Lame
Which group of “brave” people were tougher thread. They were all poofs, and I ain’t into magic tricks.

it's been a while since i studied the mongol campaigns into europe, but i believe the mongols had a lot of difficulty and defeats in their second campaign (or second invasion) of hungary. european leadership learned from their first encounter with the mongols and put a lot of resources into fortifying their strongholds and castles and put more emphasis on heavy cavalry, which had more success fighting against the mongol tactics than the lighter armored counterparts in the first campaign.

the mongol commander (started with a T i think, i don't remember his name) had a pretty crushing defeat in transylvania and on his retreat lost almost all his army in ambushes and attacks.

it's hazy memory on my part and i may go back and reread about the mongol campaigns into europe, they were really interesting. must be like 15 years since college that i studied it.

On the battle field the Mongols dominated European knights .However you are right that eastern Europe fell back on their castles and tried to use ambush tactics since they could not defeat them on the open n battlefield.Still, the Mongols received tribute from Hungary and Bulgaria for a while before the golden Horde started to deteriorate.

Mongols were defeated near Vienna and later heavily beated by other nations.
Now they are country - resources provider with their mining industry and poor population. When soviet influence dissapeared, inequality in society increased dramatically.
Soviet Union in your eyes is bad shit and evil?
Mongolia still widely uses uncomfortable old soviet cars cos they are easier maintainable than modern cars and they not rarerly are too poor to buy modern cars.
They defeated US, outcome confirms their wictory.

Mongols were defeated near Vienna and later heavily beated by other nations.
Now they are country - resources provider with their mining industry and poor population. When soviet influence dissapeared, inequality in society increased dramatically.
Soviet Union in your eyes is bad shit and evil?
Mongolia still widely uses uncomfortable old soviet cars cos they are easier maintainable than modern cars and they not rarerly are too poor to buy modern cars.
They defeated US, outcome confirms their wictory.

defeated near vienna ?

Yes, Vienna is in Austria.

Of course them don't likes it. Invasion expansion was stopped and then...
It is nice that dozens of other nations later beated they really heavily.

where the hell did the belief come from that samurai are the quintisential warrior ?

a knight would absolutely murk a samurai. a knight in full plate armour could walk through katana strikes. hell even the katana was folded so many times because the ore in japan was of particually bad quality.

portuguese knights fought japanese samurai a few times and won. samurais were also known to fully adopt plate armour if they could get it from the portuguese.

Knights could barely move or see while in full plater armour.
A samurai with prep time would wipe the floor with multiple knights.

Yes, Vienna is in Austria.

Of course them don't likes it. Invasion expansion was stopped and then...
It is nice that dozens of other nations later beated they really heavily.

i wasnt aware of any major battles near vienna. i know they avoided bohemia because of the fortifications.

Point is the Mongols got their zhit pushed in by the samurai while they steam rolled European knights proving plate mail to be over rated.

Your arguement is good until you reach your conclusion. The Mongols fought in such a way as to entirely negate the knights tactical advantages. Knights require a static target, time to prepare for combat and their armour doesn't protect their horses from arrows, shucks it didn't always protect them either.

The Mongols mainly destroyed Europe because they were so mobile. Europe just didn't have an answer to horse cavalry.

I know nothing about how the samurai saw off the Mongols.

Your arguement is good until you reach your conclusion. The Mongols fought in such a way as to entirely negate the knights tactical advantages. Knights require a static target, time to prepare for combat and their armour doesn't protect their horses from arrows, shucks it didn't always protect them either.

The Mongols mainly destroyed Europe because they were so mobile. Europe just didn't have an answer to horse cavalry.

I know nothing about how the samurai saw off the Mongols.

This. Styles make fights. In open ground with room to make full use of their horses and bows, the Mongols were damn near unbeatable. At close quarters, they were inferior to the Knights, and after learning this the hard way, made sure to fight all subsequent engagements at long range.

Mongols were horrible sailors; Mongolia is landlocked and generations of Mongols had never even seen the ocean until the time of Genghis. They had no knowledge or tradition of seafaring, which is why their attempts to invade Japan relied heavily on the Korean navy. Which was wrecked by massive storms, the Kamikaze, literally, Divine Wind(s)that destroyed the Mongol fleets in 1274 and 1281. While the Samurai did fight with bravery and skill during these battles, it was the Typhoons that defeated the Mongols.

For the record, those things are motherfucking sharp. You feel like you are in a tin can with lots of sharp edges and it pinches the motherfucking hell out of everything. To protect from this you wear a lot of layers underneath which makes it warm as fuck. Heat and exhaustion are the worst enemy.

if you don't wear the extra padding underneath and you take a sharp step to the right, it will, no bullshit, feel like the codpiece is about to saw your beanbag off.