Knees to a down opponent, will it ever happen?

Will they ever allow this to happen?

I understand when they made this rule it was at a time where they were seeking adoption and acceptance. Knees to a ground opponent was deemed as to violent and barbaric. This rule was put into place before smart phones.

We are in 2024 now. All the major markets have accepted ufc events. The ufc events bring tourism and big money to their economies.

Knees to a ground opponent or someone who fails a takedown are a natural part of fighting. The public is educated on the sport now.

Do you t the commissions will remove this rule eventually?

View attachment 1045428

Side note: I understand there is likely a bribe scenario with this, where the commission figures will want some pay and they will get it done, but the ufc has the cash to throw 50-100K at them. They could also just allow it in UAE events where the UFC has pull and force the commissions hand on this.

I have no idea about the process to change rules, the way Rogan seems to talk about it they're pretty fixed and hard to change, like the 12-6 elbow rule.

Anyone can already knee a downed opponent........ It's absolutely fine as long as your knee doesn't hit his head. Almost anywhere else is OK (not spine or groin obviously).

I think they just need to redefine what a downed opponent is. On your knees like in Yan vs Sterling I think should be legal. I don't see how it's more barbaric or dangerous than knees in the clinch.

I say let them bring weapons into the cage. Imagine if Dustin came to the ring with a Mac 10 and a clip of hollow tips. He’d get the tko over islam furshure
Do you mean a magazine or a mag? Mac 10 doesn't take a clip.

Will they ever allow this to happen?

I understand when they made this rule it was at a time where they were seeking adoption and acceptance. Knees to a ground opponent was deemed as to violent and barbaric. This rule was put into place before smart phones.

We are in 2024 now. All the major markets have accepted ufc events. The ufc events bring tourism and big money to their economies.

Knees to a ground opponent or someone who fails a takedown are a natural part of fighting. The public is educated on the sport now.

Do you t the commissions will remove this rule eventually?

View attachment 1045428

Side note: I understand there is likely a bribe scenario with this, where the commission figures will want some pay and they will get it done, but the ufc has the cash to throw 50-100K at them. They could also just allow it in UAE events where the UFC has pull and force the commissions hand on this.

Like 8 or 9 years ago there was a large petition started here or on the UG. I can't remember but Keith Kaiser responded to it butnever did anything.

I forget the number of people but it was significant. It would take something like that plus money probably or at least the UFC pushing it which they won't out of fear of losing casuals

I think you’re reading a little too far into a comment that was supposed to be a joke there scooter

Ooohhhhh, you didn't really mean they should take guns into the cage? My bad moped ;)

Fact still remains...clip =/= mag :)

Ooohhhhh, you didn't really mean they should take guns into the cage? My bad moped ;)

Fact still remains...clip =/= mag :)
Not arguing your point tough guy you’re probably right. You sound like a firearm expert, squire. Last time I was in the us I went to a gun range to really experience the land of the free and the home of the brave. I decided to try out a 12 gauge shotgun. With the first shot I accidentally blew off my legs and my crotch and when I went down in a heap the gun fell to the floor beside me and discharged and took off a fairly substantial chunk of my chin. Other than that it was a great vacation. The Grand Canyon truly is one of the natural wonders of the world. An absolute spectacle.

I wish, but deep down I don't see it happening. It's always been REALLY hard to make any sport more dangerous, even moreso today.

And upkicks please..

Only if you are going to compete under these rules

Not arguing your point tough guy you’re probably right. You sound like a firearm expert, squire. Last time I was in the us I went to a gun range to really experience the land of the free and the home of the brave. I decided to try out a 12 gauge shotgun. With the first shot I accidentally blew off my legs and my crotch and when I went down in a heap the gun fell to the floor beside me and discharged and took off a fairly substantial chunk of my chin. Other than that it was a great vacation. The Grand Canyon truly is one of the natural wonders of the world. An absolute spectacle.

Damn. I hope you recovered ok and were able to get some robot legs and a new chin!!

5Z5l9jc3F3PZwaMGafls-V2Ewo9erkn8kC230l1h9CQ.jpg

Casual fans get generally sickened watching that, won't be digestable for the masses.

Damn. I hope you recovered ok and were able to get some robot legs and a new chin!!

5Z5l9jc3F3PZwaMGafls-V2Ewo9erkn8kC230l1h9CQ.jpg
I was able to fabricate a prosthetic chin myself out of wood, aluminum and graphite but unfortunately I live in a 3rd world hell hole so no robot legs for me sailor.

It will happen.

But it will be called a foul because PUSSIES in the athletics commissions hate fun.

Back