Knee pops out of place

I have an unstable patellar tendon on my right knee. It can be real real annoying, and you might find yourself tapping from weird silly stuff. by using a physical therapist hey can desing a workout strategy for you to stregthen the region near you knee. Also though it may not be "medical" science I am a big fan of glucosamine and chrondroiten (sp?).

find out specifically form you orthopod what ligament, or tendon is relaxed. and realize with a weak knee you are more vulnerable to ACL tears from heals hooks than someone with a completely stable knee.

I am a huge fan of tape. what your anatomy cant give you tape can replace.

I need to know where to find a brace like Van_Guard_Anon was talking about on page 2. HELP PLEASE!!!!

I have unstable patella on both of my knees. My left popped out when I was 12. I had knee surgery at 14 by a renowned sports medicine surgeon. Long story short surgery didn't work. It has since popped out about 4 times. My right leg, not yet, but it is loose. I use the basic knee brace w/o any ****l with the open patella hole. Although there are heavy duty ones out there I find these the most comfortable when rolling. I have been told by other doctors that they could shoot steroid into the muscles around the cap to strengthen it. I didn't want to do that so they kinda said you would have to live with it. However mine do not tear when they pop out. I do know someone who tore their MCL from the same thing though. From my experience if it does not tear anything when it pops out I would suggest finding a knee brace that works for you. I did tape when I play soccer however it was a complicated process that only a trained professional can show you. I have done a TMA since a very young age and that was back when you stretched cold. I think this contributed greatly to my over-stretched ligaments around my kneecaps. I would say definitely go to a doctor so they can properly diagnose your problem. There are ways to manage it but be prepared if they say something like "stop doing physical activity".......obviously don't listen to them but you may have to manage that sentiment until your find out how and who can help you.

Back