Knee people in the head, fence grabs...way to do your job Big John

Dyson350

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Ridiculous a point wasn't taken from Cub, sure the knee was on accident but that fence grab in the 3rd round had a huge effect on the positioning of the takedown and all John said was "Don't grab it"...wtf

he was basically slapping Kawajiri around as well

oh that over-bearing McCarthy, way to pick on the fighters who were just fouled

That happens in another country to another fighter and we'd be hearing the "hometown bias" cries. That was some bs. John tells Cub to take his hand of the cage and he just ignores him for about 30 seconds . Knee lands flush to the chin in a razor thin fight.. But we won't deduct a point. It's all good Cub.

Points should have been taken. Big John messed up.

We have to get rid of teh subjective element of it--lets do away with "discretion to take a point", or "may decide" to take a point, and make it automatic.

if you eye poke while having fingers pointed out, automatic point.

if fighter is going for take down or working position and opponent grabs fence, automatic point

if fighter is down and opponent hits knee to head (if was downed when strike began--dont want fighters flopping to ground when they see knee coming), automatic point.

i dont hink cub is a dirty fighter, and i never have, but the rules have to be adhered and we need consistency in rules.

how many times has jones tried to poke his opponent in teh eyes or has he pawed at his foe with fingers out and i dont recall big john ever EVAR taking a point.

fuck that, and fuck refs having favourite fighters--automatic enforcement of rules.

Rules get broken every fight because 9/10 times there's 0 penalty for it. Refs really need to crack down on it. Sucks for Kawajiri, that was by far his most entertaining fight in the UFC and he was doing well.

After 201 I thought we were going to actually see the rules enforced more, but I guess not. I'm a big Cub fan, he has one of the funniest stories of any fighter I have met, but he should have lost at least one point for that knee. It looked like he was trying to go to the body, but that isn't where it landed so it should have been a point deduction. I really do wish that they would just do away with warning on clear cut fouls like that knee. Automatic point deduction on clear fouls!

Back