Knee kicks isn't dangerous they said

Damn that was brutal. That knee is rekt.

Damn that was brutal. That knee is rekt.

he fought on for another round and hasn't reported any significant injuries since

grand total of knee strike injuries still sits at 0 as far as i'm aware (even if i personally don't like them)

People do realize that oblique kicks are thrown in Muay Thai all the time right? Fighters learn to defend against those kicks.

AN oblique, which is what jon Jones does, is legal. I'm not sure about a direct kick to the knee.

Guys, all you have to do is Google/Yahoo/whatever the fuck 'Unified Rules of MMA'.

Linear Knee Strikes

After a discussion prompted by the Silva-Leites bout, the Committee reviewed the issue of linear strikes to the knee joint and agreed that this technique should remain a legal technique.

All strikes to the knee, above the knee, on the side of the knee or whatever are legal currently.

Guys, all you have to do is Google/Yahoo/whatever the fuck

I made the grave mistake of not doing my google homework before posting, forgetting this was sherdog lol

why is it called an oblique kick if he's kicking the knee?

he fought on for another round and hasn't reported any significant injuries since

grand total of knee strike injuries still sits at 0 as far as i'm aware (even if i personally don't like them)

Weird that they let the fight continue. Even weirder if he in fact came out without any injuries. Guy has some strong ligaments.

as a poster said - Torres continued the fight. I just watched it.

I don't see the difference between this kick and Jones' kicks. He DOES turn his foot out in the same way as Jones, although who would care about which way the foot is stomping on your knee is beyond me.

Anyways, its legal, and it didn't wreck Torres' knee.

Weird that they let the fight continue. Even weirder if he in fact came out without any injuries. Guy has some strong ligaments.

yeah definitely, it looks brutal! perhaps there is some damage but i'd have thought not if he kept fighting, and if you check his twitter page he's written since the fight and never mentioned anything, where i assume he would have

Personally, I like the kick. The Jones' Defense Brigade should calm down. He gets used as an example CUZ HE DOES THEM LOTS AND HE'S FAMOUS!

It didn't bend straight backwards. The force was going straight back, but the knee has resistance that direction, so it resisted, turned, and then buckled from the outside in, as though the strike came from the outside.

why is it called an oblique kick if he's kicking the knee?

"Oblique" means 'sideways', 'slanting'.

It's slanting, sideways kick. You can kick wherever you want although as far as I understand kicking above the belt at highest isn't very practical/realistic.

Back