King Mo thinks Cain would maul Jones

Yeah I agree Cain would beat Jones. Make it happen Dana!

Queen Mo can't even beat anybody in the top 10 LHWs in the UFC>

Cain is a complete mismatch. Even King Mo understands that :icon_chee

@For you with less IQ than King Mo:
Watch Jones and Cain

So Cain is slated for June against Werdum even if that is on schedule it will have been a Year and 8 months since his fight with JDS, Rust looms

Fitch sez dat Cain V. wud beat Dan C. in da UFC. Go Fitchmeister!!11!!!1!

King Mo thought DC would maul Jones too.

Spinningbackfist.gif

Mo is just shitting on Bones because he's black. Like all of Bones's other haters.

woah team members thinking their training partners would win in a fight? fucccckkkin crazy

before the dc fight, i thought cain would decision jbj by clinchwork by the cage and the occasional takedown. now, im not so sure. it would be a close fight. it would look similar to jbj/dc... and, even tho jbj lacks power, i can see him rocking cain once or twice.

That isn't quite how it works. If it was just that easy then everybody would stop cutting weight and fighting down in division because they'd be granted much more knockout power. Jones can barely bust a grape with his hands, that's why he was training to get more KO power in his fight camp for DC. He'll never be a knockout machine because after all of these years he still isn't and he's been trying to work at developing more power.

Agreed that this isn't always the case but given proper training, this is indeed how it works (see AJ for recent example). Weight gain without proper training or bulking up too much weight will slow down the punching motion and snap and result in no gain in power or impact. However, properly adding weight (proportionally to your frame and slowly so that your motions and timing can adjust) will indeed put more power into your punch and kicks. This is just physics.

Given his frame, he can carry 25 to 35 lbs more without much slowdown I suspect; he's not that fast to begin with (his distance acumen hides his lack of speed) so loss of speed due to extra mass will be minimal while additional weight behind the punch will be increased significantly thus increasing power.

A question that you have to ask when contemplating a move up is can you take the extra power offered by opponents. One thing we can take away from his recent fights is that his chin is pretty solid.

If no JDS or Cain, he would have been able to hold both belts at the same time!

Agreed that this isn't always the case but given proper training, this is indeed how it works (see AJ for recent example). Weight gain without proper training or bulking up too much weight will slow down the punching motion and snap and result in no gain in power or impact. However, properly adding weight (proportionally to your frame and slowly so that your motions and timing can adjust) will indeed put more power into your punch and kicks. This is just physics.

Given his frame, he can carry 25 to 35 lbs more without much slowdown I suspect; he's not that fast to begin with (his distance acumen hides his lack of speed) so loss of speed due to extra mass will be minimal while additional weight behind the punch will be increased significantly thus increasing power.

A question that you have to ask when contemplating a move up is can you take the extra power offered by opponents. One thing we can take away from his recent fights is that his chin is pretty solid.

If no JDS or Cain, he would have been able to hold both belts at the same time!

I didn't say that he wouldn't be able to punch harder by putting on mass, especially the right kind. But, trust me when I say this, he'll never have the punching power that JDS has. He can increase his mass to punch with more force and try and increase his hand speed as well, where the mass will usually yield a much more significant improvement in power. He likely will punch even slower, as you mentioned, due to the increased mass. He can also perfect his punching technique to yield immediate results once he masters it.

As for AJ, since when did he not already have big knockout power in his hands? He had it when he was fighting at WW too. So he had it before he added/retained mass to move up to fight at LHW and HW.

I didn't say that he wouldn't be able to punch harder by putting on mass, especially the right kind. But, trust me when I say this, he'll never have the punching power that JDS has. He can increase his mass to punch with more force and try and increase his hand speed as well, where the mass will usually yield a much more significant improvement in power. He likely will punch even slower, as you mentioned, due to the increased mass. He can also perfect his punching technique to yield immediate results once he masters it.

As for AJ, since when did he not already have big knockout power in his hands? He had it when he was fighting at WW too. So he had it before he added/retained mass to move up to fight at LHW and HW.

I think we're saying the same thing but getting hung up about JDS power thing. Can't say that Jones will or won't have JDS like power. Probably tho, even if Jones does end up with similar punching power as JDS, he probably won't be able to throw the hands as naturally or as frequently as JDS. In other words, even if his punch does have similar power, he'll never have the fluidity or frequency that JDS has.

You mention AJ having power in WW. I can't disagree with this but note that knockout power in WW is much lower than knockout power in LHW. To put it in another way, AJ was probably punching 85% of his natural power in WW vs. in LHW. It's just that due to head/body size and neck muscle mass, it takes less power (same acceleration/snap tho) to knock out a WW vs. a LHW. AJ's optimal power delivery is in LHW no question.

Back