King Mo "he knows he lost on Rampage day"

Actually, he didn't win. And we should be glad that the tide is turning, and that judges are starting to favor damage over control. Makes for more entertaining fights.

You can't possibly give third round to Rampage based on that, he did no damage, just like Mo. Rampage won 2nd round and that's it

Under the current rules I had him winning 1 and 3. Truthfully though I am a fan so I could be bias.

No, not under the current rules... under the precedent that judges have set that value takedowns above all else he wins.

Under the RULES, Rampage wins.

All of the "controversial" decisions on this card were CORRECT. I was happy to see the judges didn't let wrestlers "steal rounds" by getting beat up the whole round but managing to get a takedown at the end. That shouldn't win you a FIGHT.

How people insist that Rampage won based on damage is beyond me, all the damage he did was in the 2nd. He did not land anything in the 3rd, and Mo got some takedowns.

Mo 1,3

Lmao at his slipping excuses. He musta slipped on a banana peel the first time he fought Newton. He should be a little more humble. I never understood guys like him crying after a fight where they did everything to avoid any real fighting and lose a decision. It's like Guida after his embarrassing performance against Maynard. What exactly are they saying? "Yea, he was the only one throwing any real strikes in there, sure I didn't come anywhere near hurting him, but I restrained him enough to score enough points! I should have won!" It's silly.

This times 1,000,000. The guy immediately shot for a takedown, and was trying his damnedest to hold him down or against the cage until the bell. I honestly remember him landing (and possibly throwing) only one punch the entire fight. I was so scared the judges would give it to Queen Mo and we would have to sit through the horrible Mo/Newton 3.

he clearly won the fight using the unified rules to judge...am i upset he got hosed by the incompetent judges HELL NO. but he won rounds 1 and 3.

as i said above i don't care he got hosed, and maybe this is the time for the Athletic Commission to change the rules.

BUT, judging under the current criteria he clearly won rounds 1 and 3.

Correct. Spoken like a prodigy, however, I feel a bit argumentative by defending Mos cause by standing behind rules that promote entertainment lacking performances.

Who is this absolute F'wit reporter?? Sucking Mo's c**k & saying most people scored it for you.

I couldn't care less about either fighter but this reporter needs to vanish from MMA; if anybody scored that fight for Mo you have problems.

How people insist that Rampage won based on damage is beyond me, all the damage he did was in the 2nd. He did not land anything in the 3rd, and Mo got some takedowns.

Mo 1,3

You should re watch, Rampage hit him several times in the third.

James-Van-Der-Beek-Crying-On-Dawsons-Creek-Gif.gif

Lol didn't he say the mat was slippery in his fight agaisnt Zayats, too?

I thought Chandler and Mo won.

And they did, they just didn't get the decision.

You can't possibly give third round to Rampage based on that, he did no damage, just like Mo. Rampage won 2nd round and that's it

He was being the aggressor. I don't really care who won anyway. It was a sloppy, boring fight. They should have both lost. Point is I'm glad judging is starting to become more sensible.

Chandler was the reason the mats were so damn slippery.

Mean mugging and slinging a whole bottle of water across the cage waiting for the decision. That should be a hefty fine.

Lol. I was just waiting for Mo to burst out crying that entire interview.

I had 2 and 3 for Rampage, landed hard strikes and wobbled Mo multiple times, was the aggressor and took no damage. 29-28 Rampage in my book :)

I was cheering for rampage and thought he'lost the 3rd. glad there are some judges weighing useless takedowns less but there has to be more consistency with the interpretation of the rules.

I'm conflicted about it. I like the idea of damage above all, as that's what the original unified rules was supposed to be about. They put in "effective striking" and "aggression" as a euphemism because damage would be politically incorrect for MMA legislation to work. Judges have been misinterpreting those words to mean "land nothing all round then steal it with a takedown." Big John has said when he helped form the rules, they wanted "effective striking" to mean damage. Straight up.

There's no consistency. With both Guida/Maynard and Mo/Rampage fights, I was glad the LnP guys lost the fight. But under the bullshit rule interpretation of "guy on top wins," Guida and Mo won those fights.

If all judges are now saying damage over everything, okay fine I can live with it. But you all know how judging works; stop lying to yourselves. Now we'll see even crazier decisions where some damage-based fights win and some LnP fights win. So it's even worse and random than before.

I'm glad Mo lost, but I don't think Rampage won either. They should throw out more draws, and the refs should penalize for stalling.

he clearly won the fight using the unified rules to judge...am i upset he got hosed by the incompetent judges HELL NO. but he won rounds 1 and 3.

as i said above i don't care he got hosed, and maybe this is the time for the Athletic Commission to change the rules.

BUT, judging under the current criteria he clearly won rounds 1 and 3.

I think everyone has to remember that the judging criteria is open to interpretation and that all three judges scored the fight for Rampage. It is similar to when Davis beat Machida. It was a close fight that was ugly, I don't think either clearly won but Rampage did get up on his own after each take down (which I view as effective grappling) and was more aggressive and effective with his stand up.

Back