• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kindergarden Cop is the most great first half poor 2nd half movie ever

220px-Twins_Poster.jpg

This happens with comedies that set themselves up for having to get serious in their second half via their plot. I think Kindegarten Cop is better than a couple other comedies I can think of though, because at least Arnold was an action star and he had to contend with a violent psycho.

These two had harder fall offs for me:

220px-Big_Daddy_film.jpg

220px-Liar_Liar_poster.JPG
The last 20 minutes of Liar Liar was Jim Carey trying to audition for more drama roles. It changes tones so quick

Django Unchained probably has that title for me.

It went from a great comedy with a fish out of water gag
XtHQKml.gif

Then the 2nd half is boring as fuck. They are looking for someone. who cares I want to see Arnie be awkward with children!

It’s gonna take a lot more than Detective John Kimble to knock Independence Day off that throne.

Easily the biggest 1st half/2nd half gap ever imo

battle of mid era offball Arnie films
Kindergarten Cop vs Twins, go

Twins wins. Devito’s seediness (which he’s turned into a science from the time he was in Taxi on) plus Arnie’s characters hulking, good-natured naïveté was inspired. Great central conceit. Funny movie. That’s a classic Reitman film in my opinion.

Kindergarten Cop was pretty good but definitely had an identity crisis- jarringly going from intense cop drama to hilarious fish out of water comedy to awkward love story to intense cop drama again. As is stated throughout the thread, the best part is Ahnold’s interactions with the students. The stuff with Crisp and his mother gets real old, real fast.

It’s gonna take a lot more than Detective John Kimble to knock Independence Day off that throne.

Easily the biggest 1st half/2nd half gap ever imo

For me, ID4 is just nowhere near as good as it was to watch when I was a kid in 96. Now you just kind of see it for what it is- hokey, silly stuff with cardboard characters and ridiculous happenings. Only thing that holds up for me are the great effects.

For me, ID4 is just nowhere near as good as it was to watch when I was a kid in 96. Now you just kind of see it for what it is- hokey, silly stuff with cardboard characters and ridiculous happenings. Only thing that holds up for me are the great effects.

Agreed. But I don't think it matters how old you were the first time you saw it. The ships posting up over the major cities and all that was an all time setup to a complete dud.

No way.

Million Dollar Baby takes that title.
dibujo14.jpg

It's like they switched directors halfway through.

Seriously, fuck that piece of shit movie.

From Dusk till Dawn

Was really into the hostage, on the run aspect. Perfect movie if you turn it off right after Hayek does her snake dance, before she turns.

This happens with comedies that set themselves up for having to get serious in their second half via their plot. I think Kindegarten Cop is better than a couple other comedies I can think of though, because at least Arnold was an action star and he had to contend with a violent psycho.

These two had harder fall offs for me:

220px-Big_Daddy_film.jpg

220px-Liar_Liar_poster.JPG
Both of those are great movies.

Back