Kimura outweighed Helio Gracie by more than 80 pounds when they fought in 1951

Kimura had a good chuckle. According to an interview with him, the Gracies brought a casket to the match and told him it's for him because Helio was going to kill him. He said it was just so funny that he had to laugh out loud.

Keep in mind that Rener Gracie once claimed in one of those YouTube breakdown videos that Helio was so small that he couldn't walk up a flight of stairs without passing out, so such bizarre statements are no rarity. He also said that Ken Shamrock had never seen a Rear Naked Choke in his life before UFC 1, lol
And then years later, Sakuraba would wear a diaper to the interview before his fight with Royce lol

Kimura was a physical specimen, a slab of muscle

masahiko_kimura.jpg

It annoys me that Rikidozan is revered so much. I don't understand why fake wrestlers get put over when they shoot on someone. Attacking someone for real when they agreed to a scripted spectacle is a dirtbag move for cowards.

Kimura was a physical specimen, a slab of muscle

masahiko_kimura.jpg

It annoys me that Rikidozan is revered so much. I don't understand why fake wrestlers get put over when they shoot on someone. Attacking someone for real when they agreed to a scripted spectacle is a dirtbag move for cowards.

Dude did get got for shooting though

Lol sickly sounds like hyperbole for helio but kimura was jacked.

The crowd also threw raw eggs at Kimura as he walked out. How nice.

The Gracies were real ungrateful SOBs. Maeda teaches them Judo and what do they do? Do they praise the art and teacher? Do they respect the art's country of origin? Do they invite other Judoka to share skills and ideas?
No, they do the exact opposite - they claim the art as their own, renaming it "Gracie Jiujitsu", they disregard their original teacher and they shit on his country and his fellow martial artists.
<{hughesimpress}>
The BJJ community has that undertone of a jerk Attitude maybe marcelo garcia was only of the few guys who wasnt a dick.

In 1951, Helio Gracie of Brazil, the grandfather of Gracie Jiu Jitsu, issued a challenge to the best judo master of all time, Kimura of Japan. Kimura was afraid and hesitant and sent the number 2 judo master and Helio choked him out in 3 minutes.

That forced Kimura to finally accept the challenge. He went to Brazil where he fought Helio Gracie. Kimura outweighed the frail and sickly Helio Gracie by at least 80 pounds. Helio knew he was going to lose. Kimura was absolutely massive and Helio was a very small man. Helio fought him anyway like a true samurai.

Helio is the man! And f**k the haters

That doesn't look like a "100lb" man in the video to me. Gotta be about 40lbs heavier than that or else you would appear to be skeleton like with every bone in your body showing at around 5'9''ish and 100lbs.
I hit 140 lbs as a six foot tall man and looked like Skeletor. No way dudes a 100 lbs lmao.

Not this shit again.

Helio was ~ 155 lbs at the time of the match and had just beaten two of the Japanese judoka travelling with Kimura to get to that challenge match.

Kimura himself was 175-185 lbs.

Helio lost badly, he got mangled, knocked out, and had his arm broken.

It's a myth that Helio was sick and weak before the age of 60. He rowed crew as a young man, he was an athlete.

Helio also said he was choked and passed out with his eyes open and Kimura moved to a different hold wich allowed him to regain conciusness, so you can say he was actually sub twice.

Helio: Well, this is what I've never told anybody before......... It seems I went unconscious while I was thinking about what to do [give up or not].

Naturally all the staff let alone Nishi were surprised to hear that at this moment, but what was more impressive than that was the shocked expression [驚いた表情] on Rorion's face.

Helio: If Kimura had continued to choke me, I would have died for sure. But since I didn't give up, Kimura let go of the choke and went into the next technique. Being released from the choke and the pain from the next technique revived me and I continued to fight. Kimura went to his grave without ever knowing the fact that I was finished. If possible, I wish I could have talked about the fight with him and let him know about it.​

Back