Kimchi - Did anyone tried Kimchi?

Korean people smelling like kimchi is like Indian people smelling like curry, rather Mexican people smelling like detergent.

Kimchi is pretty good. Not too familiar with it, but the few times u had it were quite good.

The store bought ones always taste too salty and not spicy enough. The best one I had was when I went for dinner at my buddy's place years ago. His mom made some incredible kimchi at home. Too bad his family got deported.

Cuts out the richness of grilled/fried food. I like kimchi.

The store bought ones always taste too salty and not spicy enough. The best one I had was when I went for dinner at my buddy's place years ago. His mom made some incredible kimchi at home. Too bad his family got deported.
pwnt

Just came back from lunch where we had a hot pot with Kimchi. It was delicious.

mandoo-hot-pot-not-spicy.jpg

Damn, Banchan bringing that Kimchi knowledge. Preach sista!

Did his fellow prisoners eat his ass?

f1dcc89b_ricflair.gif
Not to my knowledge. Ive never been to prison but ppl who have been have told me Canadian prisons are not like American prisons, theres a lot less :eek::eek::eek: shit and rape is really frowned upon amonsgst the inmates. They just called him Kim Chi cause he was the only asian.

I liked cucumber kimchi best as a side dish
upload_2016-8-2_10-38-30.jpeg

the most common cabbage variety, I like best when cooked with other foods.

Not sure if it counts as kimchi but i really like this bean sprout version. Very mild flavor and tastes great on its own.

_DSC3186.JPG

Not sure if it counts as kimchi but i really like this bean sprout version. Very mild flavor and tastes great on its own.

_DSC3186.JPG
Thats a muchim not a kimchi . Muchim is like a dressed salad and kimchi is a pickle .

Sauerkraut > kimchi
I like almost all types of pickles but I dont like sauerkraut because it is soggy . Korean pickles emphasis on crunch and when the fermentation process goes to the point where the crunch is gone it is no longer for fresh eating but for cooking .

Korean people smelling like kimchi is like Indian people smelling like curry, rather Mexican people smelling like detergent.
Koreans smell more like garlic than kimchi . Its not from kimchi either but the smell from stews and soups riddled with garlic boiling for several hours a day that scent gets into your clothes and hair .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back