Kim Dong-huynh doing ADCC Korea

Knock Out Ned

el mero mero
@Brown
Reaction score
ADCC trials are here again in Korea on January 26. KDH going to do the -88 KG division.

If he wins, he will get a ticket to Japan for the Japan trials. Unfortunately, I can't compete (the tournament is only open to Koreans :icon_cry2), but I will be there watching!

The womens division is going to be very interesting at the ADCC this year.

Rolled with Kim today. He came to the Tozi gym through Team MAD. I had a really good roll with him. He is a very solid Judoka with a GREAT grip and good core strength. I had a blast! :wink:

IMG_6130_zpsbec6fb80.jpg

If it's a tournament just for Koreans, I can't imagine him not winning it. He has a stellar judo background, has trained with top BJJ guys, and he's a superior athlete.

I think he will do well, he has a great chance of qualifying for the next Abu Dhabi tournament.

I spent tonight getting absolutely smashed by Kim. Here is the event poster for Saturday.

2630DA3950FE4A26015882_zpsaae4c806.jpg

I will post videos next week.

Looking forward to seeing videos of the tournament. I really want to see how DHK looks in a pure sub grappling setting, and I expect him to win this "sub-qualifier" as I said earlier in the thread.

A lot of times with a high level Judoka you know you're getting a great athlete who excels at a few areas of overall grappling. He'll always have a handful of nearly unstoppable throws, he'll have great top control, great transitions from standing to ground, and depending on the type of judoka he might have a great armbar. But in his last fight with Paulo Thiago we saw that DHK has (or has developed) a complete ground grappling game. His transitions and positional control were excellent from every position into the other, and he made Thiago look like an amateur. So as I said, I'm excited to see how he looks outside of an MMA setting.

War DHK, i hope he qualifys i always enjoy watching elite fighters competing against the worlds best submission guys .

Am also a huge fan of his,getting to fight live is a huge factor in me going to the upcoming ufc in japan

Ps, very jealous of You Ned getting to train with him.

Last edited:
Back