Kid Yamamoto did it better. Jorge should take notes.

JM Barrie

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Done in 4 seconds.

SlimRapidIrishdraughthorse-size_restricted.gif

Kid Yamamoto. U will be missed.

Masvidal did it to a top guy though, not a can. And Masvidal was able to win a lot of fights in the UFC while Yamamoto couldn't win one.

Masvidal did it to a top guy though, not a can. And Masvidal was able to win a lot of fights in the UFC while Yamamoto couldn't win one.

You're a douche.

And yet if you were to ask any knowledgeable MMA fan who's the bigger legend between Masvidal and Kid, they'd answer Kid.

Yamamoto is one of the few Japanese fighters who was probably juicing in Japan. Then he comes to the UFC and can't win a single round.

Other than Yamamoto...I'd say Akiyama was probably on the roids. Hey if he's willing to grease his legs against Sakuraba and wear brass knuckles, that type of guy is willing to do whatever it takes to win. Also explains his lackluster performances in the UFC. And he only fought once post USADA I believe....in Asia.

tbf Mas really did it in 2-3 seconds... The ref is the reason it's 5.

Seems around Sherdog, Ben was a "bum" too.

Looking at someones record and being around MMA during that time is pretty different.
If you were around during that time in MMA you would know that Kid came to the UFC past his prime. He injured his knee and was off for a few years. He got into the UFC on a one fight win stream. The UFC wanted him because of his name but as I said, he was past his prime when he came over.

also a cheap shot. touch gloves and quit being a goon

And yet if you were to ask any knowledgeable MMA fan who's the bigger legend between Masvidal and Kid, they'd answer Kid.

Kid was a glorified journey man who is mainly praised by Pride / k-1 dickriders.

Yamamoto is one of the few Japanese fighters who was probably juicing in Japan. Then he comes to the UFC and can't win a single round.

Other than Yamamoto...I'd say Akiyama was probably on the roids. Hey if he's willing to grease his legs against Sakuraba and wear brass knuckles, that type of guy is willing to do whatever it takes to win. Also explains his lackluster performances in the UFC. And he only fought once post USADA I believe....in Asia.

UFC didnt have USADA when Kid came to the U.S.......

Quality over quantity

He did come really late at the end of his career

Back