Kid Rock angers animal rights activists.

This. And I don't mind hunting deer or hogs. It's beautiful, majestic creatures like big cats and bears I have a problem with.

Pretty shallow way of thinking about it if you truly gave a shit.

Kid Rock angers them but not Ted Nugent? Clearly he was the driving influence here...and he was the one mocking the haters.

..Or has Ted reached "Nugent being Nugent" territory to where it's not even worth giving him flack for his Nugentness?

Boo fuckin hoo.

Good job Kid Rock! Props

I normally can't stand animal rights groups but I'll have to side with them on this. There's a difference between hunting a deer or pheasant you plan on eating, and a mountain lion you want to mount on your wall.

I agree. I wouldn't shoot a cougar or something like that, but that's a personal choice. At the same time, the "we shunt shoot cougars cause their beautiful" argument is a bit knee jerk. Population control is an important part of conservation and in most places in North America, hunting is allowed and licenses distributed as part of an overall conservation plan.

Again, still wouldn't shoot one myself, but there's context here beyond a couple of rednecks killing an awesome animal.

Kid Rock angers them but not Ted Nugent? Clearly he was the driving influence here...and he was the one mocking the haters.

..Or has Ted reached "Nugent being Nugent" territory to where it's not even worth giving him flack for his Nugentness?

Most likely they have just given up on Nugent at this point. Dude be crazy (in a good way IMO).

if you are going to hunt a moutain lion do it with a knife or something cool!

82965-no-man-SHIT-no-man-gif-Office-XoJ5.gif

I'm still of the mindset that if you're gonna kill something you have to be prepared to eat it, what Kid **** was doing here was hunting this beast purely for fun, which I just can't see any justification for, the only other justification would be is if he owned a farm of chickens/goats and he shot at a Mountain Lion, Wolf or Bear to protect his livestock but I very much doubt it in his case.

if you're a trophy hunter I honestly believe there is something very much wrong with you.

This. And I don't mind hunting deer or hogs. It's beautiful, majestic creatures like big cats and bears I have a problem with.

What about people who hunt bears for meat? There is an abundance of black bears in Ontario, for lots of us they are a great source of protein.

No one even knows the story of the hunt. It could have been a problem cat for all we know.

I think most people find the pictures to be the most offensive thing. And that by taking a picture of an animal you killed is to become a "trophy hunter", regardless if you eat it after.

No one even knows the story of the hunt. It could have been a problem cat for all we know.

I think most people find the pictures to be the most offensive thing. And that by taking a picture of an animal you killed is to become a "trophy hunter", regardless if you eat it after.

True. A nuisance animal needs to be dealt with. Am I going to be held to task for killing coyotes in my area? I have absolutely no intention of eating them, maybe I can convince my dogs to (don't know how healthy that would be). But that's not going to deter me from shooting them and tanning their hides (some may consider that a trophy). Is that wrong? I'll use whatever resources I can from the animal, but I'm not going to let the fact that it's unpalletable deter me from protecting my animals and those of my neighbours.

Killing them sustains the population, anti hunters are fucking dumb and narrow minded.

Do people see what kind of vicious shit cats do?

So your argument is "we should shoot them because they're mean?" I don't think you should hold those mountain lion's behavior against them, they're just trying to survive, right? It's not like big cats are involved in a violent drug cartel or a barbaric radical religious movement. They're just trying to not starve to death or be killed by another competitor on the ecological survival paradigm. I'm not sure there's a "non-vicious" way to do that. If you want to put forward the ethos that violent, aggressive animals are more justified as hunting trophies then I think man should be on the table.

images

I don't get all offended by pictures of a couple of dudes preening over a dead animal, if that's your outlet for expressing manhood go for it; delight over ending another life seems to excite many, but it's a fetish that I don't share and if I want to make fun of those that do...

images

Go wank over your corpse-trophy and deal with it, trophy hunters.

Last edited:
So your argument is "we should shoot them because they're mean?" I don't think you should hold those mountain lion's behavior against them, they're just trying to survive, right? It's not like big cats are involved in a violent drug cartel or a barbaric radical religious movement. They're just trying to not starve to death or be killed by another competitor on the ecological survival paradigm. I'm not sure there's a "non-vicious" way to do that. If you want to put forward the ethos that violent, aggressive animals are more justified as hunting trophies then I think man should be on the table.

images

I don't get all offended by pictures of a couple of dudes preening over a dead animal, if that's your outlet for expressing manhood go for it; delight over ending another life seems to excite many, but it's a fetish that I don't share and if I want to make fun of those that do...

images

Go wank over your corpse-trophy and deal with it, trophy hunters.

As a matter of fact I would support the shooting of vicious humans too, yes. I suppose the bar would be raised in that case to those who viciously kill other humans, but if chicken or cow gets loose at the slaughterhouse and kills their captors I couldn't really blame them.

But my point was more about how absurd it seems to want to think of wild animals like pets when they are out there tearing each other apart every day.

Back