Kid Rock angers animal rights activists.

Nothing better to do? People always can find something better to do. It doesn't matter where you're at or what you're doing at any given time. You could always argue there is something better to do . . .

If I didn't enjoy hunting I wouldn't do it . . . I do it because I can. I do it because I'm able to supplement my freezer.

So yes . . . I guess it brings me some level of happiness since I actually enjoy spending time out in the woods and bringing home an animal.

What's the problem? :(

The hunting for food aspect I have no problem with.

the notion of killing something because it gives you a rush, or that's your hobby...that I can't cosign.

My guess is that seeing how it's rarely eaten it's probably because it tastes like shit.

Really lean muscle with no fat, probably very tough too.

That depends on how you cook it. I just looked up their diet, they mostly hunt grass grazing four legged friends, so I would eat cougar. They also eat rodents sometimes like squirrels and mice so that sounds dicey, but if you've ever been to a pig farm, you would know that pigs eat mice too as do chickens.

The hunting for food aspect I have no problem with.

the notion of killing something because it gives you a rush, or that's your hobby...that I can't cosign.

A rush? Anyone who doesn't get excited or emotionally involved in hunting or doesn't understand that aspect of it has never participated.

So yeah, I guess there will always be some sort of rush attached to it. But I'm not going to apologize for enjoying hunting as a hobby.

The rush is the best part imo. Once you quit feeling that they say you should quit hunting.

I don't believe they are on any endangered or at risk lists . . .

That's good. As long as they hunt it legally and it's not poaching. But I will always disagree with hunting large predators. This planet has prey animals for a reason. But like I said, as long as they got their liscense/tags and are hunting within season.

If you're a pescaterian or vegetarian, that is an easy question to answer. Watch out for diverticulitis, bro. Don't want to decline in your prime posting years like Brock.

Lol, still trying to spread your craziness around are ya?

I find it a douchebag type of thing to shoot a mountain lion and pose for a picture like you are some kind of badass. However, this is not one of the biggest problems in the world today.

I find it a douchebag type of thing to shoot a mountain lion and pose for a picture like you are some kind of badass. However, this is not one of the biggest problems in the world today.

I've posed for pictures with a couple of nice deer I've killed . . . nothing badass about it.

I also boiled their skulls and mounted them on the wall.

That not ok either?

I usually hate animal right people but killing a majestic animal such as this should be a crime. Isn't it Ted and dickheads like him who are always saying over population of deers is a reason why they hunt them? Well, if you kill all their natural predators what do you think will happen? What a peace of shit he is.

Maybe the deer population is in decline in that area?

hunting is fine by me if:

1. animal isn't endangered or threat of being endangered
2. you actually do something to the body aka stuff/mount/eat
3. you don't try and act like a bada**

I understand the "thrill" of it...the camradirie I assume associated with tracking an animal, cornering it and killing it...

I could justify this if I were to consume the animal or if there was another purpose...however, I couldn't justify it for the sake of "just killing" something...

I find very little difference in this, and meeting up with some ole friends, getting some baseball bats and going to the local dog pound to smash their skulls with it.

I eat everything I kill. You don't understand how ridiculous you sound when you say "corner" the animal. The animal is rarely cornered, no matter the species. If you screw up once out hunting, it'll cost you. You might screw up without even realizing it. The animals always have an advantage over you.

Going to a dog pound and smashing dogs skulls in is absolutely disgusting. The fact you even compare that to hunting is insulting. I take absolutely no pleasure out of making an animal suffer. I don't want to wing a shot and hit the deer in the stomach and have it run off for miles and maybe not even find it. It is in every hunters best interest to kill the animal as quickly and humanely as possible.

It's not a "badass" thing to do. That's not why I take pictures of me with my kills. It's the same reason anyone takes a picture of anything. You're just capturing a moment in time.

I eat everything I kill. You don't understand how ridiculous you sound when you say "corner" the animal. The animal is rarely cornered, no matter the species. If you screw up once out hunting, it'll cost you. You might screw up without even realizing it. The animals always have an advantage over you.

Going to a dog pound and smashing dogs skulls in is absolutely disgusting. The fact you even compare that to hunting is insulting. I take absolutely no pleasure out of making an animal suffer. I don't want to wing a shot and hit the deer in the stomach and have it run off for miles and maybe not even find it. It is in every hunters best interest to kill the animal as quickly and humanely as possible.

And that's aweome...that you have a conscience...and take no pleasure in seeing an animal suffer.

I can respect that....especially because you're not wasteful..

My dog analogy pertained to those that kill animals for the sake of it...

And that's aweome...that you have a conscience...and take no pleasure in seeing an animal suffer.

I can respect that.

Cougar season is open, just sayin.

Yeah that's all good. I've seen worse comparisons than that. AgentSmecker likes to compare hunting to raping and killing people.

Nothing better to do? People always can find something better to do. It doesn't matter where you're at or what you're doing at any given time. You could always argue there is something better to do . . .

If I didn't enjoy hunting I wouldn't do it . . . I do it because I can. I do it because I'm able to supplement my freezer.

So yes . . . I guess it brings me some level of happiness since I actually enjoy spending time out in the woods and bringing home an animal.

What's the problem? :(

The problem is the suffering you are causing, all in the name of 'fun'.

If you eat farm raised meat, you are causing a lot more pain.

But hunters don't get a sadistic pleasure out of it. Nobody wants a long painful death for the animal. When hunting you go for the quickest and most hunane kill possible. But you can't deny the thrill you get when stalk an animal and take our own food just like our ancestors used to. Either way, if you eat meat, you are killing an animal. It's the way of life. Predators eat prey and we are the top predators. Would you rather that animal live a long, healthy life out in the wild and killed quickly in the end, or have that animal live a miserable life in a tiny stall and sleeping in its own shit?

images

Naawww...trophies are awesome and if it makes you feel good then do it.

This is what i don't get...

Scrody's position I completely understand...

Spamking and Farmer brown, for the "trophies", "because it makes me happy"...
I don't get.

You having trouble reading there Clark?

I said there wasn't anything wrong with Farmer's POV . . . and then I said I'm not going to apologize for enjoying hunting or the fact that I might keep a trophy from a hunt.

Way to conveniently ignore the fact that I eat what I kill and provide food for my family . . .

What's so hard to understand?

Good grief. Just when I think some of y'all are able to understand things.

I never said I did it all in the name of fun . . . I said I enjoyed hunting.

HUNTING. Not pain. Not suffering. HUNTING.

It's called hunting . . . not killing.

I go out and sit in a tree stand enjoying the world around me way more often than I end the day gutting a dear or other animal.

If I get the opportunity to kill a deer I'll give it a shot. Sometimes I hit my target and sometimes I don't.

Back