Kicks Cormier had problems with compared to Mirkos kicks.

Comparison of punches that Crocop had problems with vs DC
8_medium.gif

brendan-schaub_mirko-crocop.gif
ConsciousBreakableCougar.gif

vs
GleamingMedicalImpala-size_restricted.gif

images

vs Schaub it was a fluke
Nelson hits like a truck
Randleman was a monster

But i have to admit DC has way better chin. Although- everyone can get knocked out.

lets compare refs with and without ear pieces

pride
ShimadaPrideSherdog-e1344299462278-640x400.jpg

ufc
20140407085658_1DX_0494.JPG

Look at the speed and power of these kicks:

40 year old, post leg break Ando

Nelson landing multiple leg kicks sending DC flying
oo4fyUy.gif
vwcVpk9.gif

Frank Mir
TastyAnimatedInexpectatumpleco-max-1mb.gif

Jon Jones
giphy.gif

Now look at the speed and power of Mirkos kicks to the body:
4726319-0725197683-CroCo.gif
ezgif.com-gif-maker-10.gif
RealisticWellmadeHoneycreeper.gif
liver-herring.gif

Look at the speed and power of his head kicks with his left kick (same kick Jones KOd DC with):
hunt_252Bcro_252Bcop_medium.gif
tumblr_mhffw2tGXZ1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

tumblr_inline_nigfjmdJMO1rql7h5.gif
33uc293.jpg
cro-cop-head-kick-nog.gif
kotap.gif
24zkr6c.jpg
hunt_252Bcro_252Bcop_medium.gif

^^^^^^ Guys in these gifs are of similar height to DC.

I think DC could still beat Mirko but you would have to be silly to think that a guy like this woudlnt give DC major problems. Great takedown defense, balance, foot speed, straight punches, kicking ability, chin, toughness and youth. DC would have to fight the perfect fight and keep his defense on point.
Should I cue takedowns Mirko had trouble with vs DC's TDs?

Should I cue takedowns Mirko had trouble with vs DC's TDs?

Sure. Would make for a good discussion. Because outside of Fedor who tripped Mirko from the clinch, the Olympic level wrestlers who tried taking Mirko down got stuffed badly.

Also lets not forget that getting taken down didnt prevent Mir, Nelson, and Anderson from landing big body kicks on DC. I dont think a takedown or two would prevent Mirko from doing the same thing.

Last edited:
CroCop was only throwing those kicks with a few straight lefts mixed in. DC would have expected that. In all the other gifs, kicks are just a small arsenal of those fighter weapons.

Great work on your thread by the way....
DC to this day wouldn't try and kick box with Mirko in any way shape or form.
It's DC's pressure wrestling, hand speed and durability that makes other guys change their game....especially at HW.
Having said all that...prime Mirko would have had a shot no doubt!
Two of my favorite HW's ever.

you forgot this one from the Murr fight that happened after and legit hurt DC

Mirko might be the worst possible matchup for DC among any fighter ever. He puts him in a bodybag for sure

DC is more of a kicker than a kickee.

Mirko might be the worst possible matchup for DC among any fighter ever. He puts him in a bodybag for sure

Just like Stipe

No argument there, I think DC could definitely put some wrestling moves on Mirko but Mirko had very good takedown defense. Stuffed Randleman's, Colemans and Watermans takedowns like it was nothing and those guys had all american, olympic level power doubles.

CC would never make it past USADA.

Post USADA = DC GOAT

If you can make this gif smaller I would love to post it in my OP. Right now its just too massive and dominant.

He was never in trouble in any of the gifs. Cro Cop definitely kicks harder but Cormier is smart, and he would not give him the distance and time to fire too many of them off. Cro Cop would end up on his back and would get beaten badly.

He was never in trouble in any of the gifs. Cro Cop definitely kicks harder but Cormier is smart, and he would not give him the distance and time to fire too many of them off. Cro Cop would end up on his back and would get beaten badly.

Mir, Nelson and old ass Anderson didnt get beat up badly but somehow a prime 29 year old Mirko would????

I smell some bias....

Back