• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kicking Punching Heavybag ( 1 Minute)

Do you think Mr Prego would be a good nickname since I look fat ?

<mma3>

Anyhow here is a video of me doing the said 1 min of kickboxing teh bag and using the jab and upercut ect.

I think I need to take the sport serious and make time.

I don t think that being fat is a permanent problem for you. You appear to have good natural mobility and that's more important.

You are not being compact enough and just keeping your face im front of you while throwing combos. Your punches start too wide. Not enough weight transfer. Not enough turning of your hips on kicks.
You ll get there keep it up.

I don t think that being fat is a permanent problem for you. You appear to have good natural mobility and that's more important.

You are not being compact enough and just keeping your face im front of you while throwing combos. Your punches start too wide. Not enough weight transfer. Not enough turning of your hips on kicks.
You ll get there keep it up.

Yes the hooks start kinda extra wide and not compact enough, however I'll have to politely disagree with you on the part where I think I transfer weight decently.

Thank you for your input

Edit : I mean for this stage. Generally of course I could and should do better. The weight transfer definitely isn't good on my straights. I throw my cross like a jab. Which works for speed but generally I need to develop a real cross with power.

Last edited:
You guys motivate me to go to the gym right now. Exactly what I expected.

Dont move your hands up and down when throwing a kick it is a tell. Throw the kick and drop the same-side hand that you are throwing the kick with to give you more power. But don't drop it all the way to your hip just a few inches

I gotta say this depends heavily. Situation, style, moment, opponent.

I guess if you wanna practice perfect habbits you got a point.

Sometimes you're out of reach and can "afford" to drop the hand as your opponent can't counter you. Or you throw it hard and are confident in the timing and opposition.

I do remeber one guy whacked me I sparring like a year or two ago when I threw a naked lazy low kick. He timed his overhand so easy. Landed flush, he apologized but I was cool about it.

Yeah crisp and tight habbits def is something worth considering. But there's also styles and "breaking the rules ".

I gotta say this depends heavily. Situation, style, moment, opponent.

I guess if you wanna practice perfect habbits you got a point.

Sometimes you're out of reach and can "afford" to drop the hand as your opponent can't counter you. Or you throw it hard and are confident in the timing and opposition.

I do remeber one guy whacked me I sparring like a year or two ago when I threw a naked lazy low kick. He timed his overhand so easy. Landed flush, he apologized but I was cool about it.

Yeah crisp and tight habbits def is something worth considering. But there's also styles and "breaking the rules ".
You can only afford to break the rules if that is the exemption and youre doing it on purpose to hit a home run or other scenarios you described. There is a difference between this and having bad habits (which we all have including myself so no hate but it is relevant)

You can only afford to break the rules if that is the exemption and youre doing it on purpose to hit a home run or other scenarios you described. There is a difference between this and having bad habits (which we all have including myself so no hate but it is relevant)

Depens heavily. Like some people analysed Pereira. His guard is very open. Has pros and cons. He also doesn't turn with his low kicks, which actually makes it harder to counter.

If you were to book wise perfect always held your guard up and brought your hand back after each punch you'd feel like a robot and drain your shoulders fast. It really depends a lot.

Last edited:
Depens heavily. Like some people analysed Pereira. His guard is very open. Has pros and cons. He also doesn't turn with his low kicks, which actually makes it harder to counter.

If you were to book wise perfect always held your guard up and brought your hand back after each punch you'd feel like a robot and drain your shoulders fast. It really depends a lot.
dude no it doesnt. periera has been perfecting his guard for years probably decades. you are a beginner. you begin with fundamentals. your fundamentals are lacking. you say you are open to criticism but you have made an excuse to every person i have seen here trying to help you

dude no it doesnt. periera has been perfecting his guard for years probably decades. you are a beginner. you begin with fundamentals. your fundamentals are lacking. you say you are open to criticism but you have made an excuse to every person i have seen here trying to help you

Where did say I was open to criticism ?

I am not a begginer.

I'm not supposed to take advice from unknown posters.

At least be better then me before you critisize me.

You can't read too much into the video. Tad out of shape. Just getting back into it. Just hit the bag for a minute.

I don't know who you are. Never saw a video of you.

I can respect input and still have my own beliefs.

Just by you thinking I'm a begginer entirely discredits you in my eyes.

That and thinking because someone got sherdog account means I have to take their advice.

My fundamentals are lacking ? OK. I bet I could make you quit 1 minute into sparring

You just don't know what you are seeing. Have you ever trained martial arts ?

Just cause you started watching ufc when Conor made it hip doesn't mean your words are to be respected

OK I see from your profile info you're training too. Post a video of you hitting the bag

OK I'm sorry I was kinda moody, recovering from a hairtransplant. Yeah the basics always need work. And my current form has many holes. Especially those hooks. As for kicks I'm not sure. If I'm like far away from the bag and drop my guard kicking I feel it's sort of alright.

I mean that's the form of someone who trained like 1x a month the last 2 years lol.. So no surprise it doesn't look crips and clean. So no offense to you TonyRolo

Thing is I got skills 1 vs 1
I might not look apsolutely fancy on the bag. I really didn't train the last 3 years.

Now got 2 months recovery and no training.

Then Juli we shall see how it goes. Well fighting is tough so who knows maybe I'll quit or something. But the plan is to have fun and get in really good shape. It's a passion and interest of mine.

I got good skills in live sparring.

And let me just get 2 months of continous training in then we can analyse it agian

OK not gonna front, I would love to spar you for calling me a beginner <45>

Sorry I just felt belittled.

There's plenty social media guys throwing fancy and cool stuff on a bag that doesn't hit back but in sparring they are nowhere to be found. Like not 1 clip vs a live opponent.

In any case respect to you and I would love for you to post a video of work too. If you gonna call others beginners and say they got bad fundamentals then at least show us how you do it right. Sherbro

Have a nice day Tony

Last edited:

Let's put it like this. If I believe in doing it the way others say I would be doing it that way. The fact that I do it different shows I got different beliefs. Striking is very individual. It's an entirely individual sport. You are free to criticize and say your opinion. I'm free to consider it, adopt it or disregard. I am the one who will get punched I the face if I do it wrong. I am not your student. I respect the input and opinions of the other posters, I just replied honestly why I do it different. It's respectful. And obviously barely training at all the last years is not gonna make my bag work look like Buakaw Por Pramuk.

You were a bit flaming saying I make excuses, am a beginner and have bad fundamental and didn't respect anyone's input.

Post a bag video of you now Lolz.
If it's good I'll compliment it, if it's flawed we'll tell you and then you'll see if it's fun to get called out like that. Let's see if you are any good before you call me a noob. Let's see if you got room to talk.

Ight. Wishing you a good week of training Tony. Keep grinding.

Last edited:
Let's put it like this. If I believe in doing it the way others say I would be doing it that way. The fact that I do it different shows I got different beliefs. Striking is very individual. It's an entirely individual sport. You are free to criticize and say your opinion. I'm free to consider it, adopt it or disregard. I am the one who will get punched I the face if I do it wrong. I am not your student. I respect the input and opinions of the other posters, I just replied honestly why I do it different. It's respectful. And obviously barely training at all the last years is not gonna make my bag work look like Buakaw Por Pramuk.

You were a bit flaming saying I make excuses, am a beginner and have bad fundamental and didn't respect anyone's input.

Post a bag video of you now Lolz.
If it's good I'll compliment it, if it's flawed we'll tell you and then you'll see if it's fun to get called out like that. Let's see if you are any good before you call me a noob. Let's see if you got room to talk.

Ight. Wishing you a good week of training Tony. Keep grinding.

It is true that striking can be different for everyone and you can do whatever you want. But if you are doing something wrong there is no debate. You can either accept you're doing it wrong or change what you're doing and get better.

And while you tell me to post bag work I don't have any videos but I will do you one better I will put myself in your shoes.

While boxing I used to keep my feet closer together because it made it easier to move and because I saw Ali do it. While it did make my footwork a bit quicker my punches were not even close to being as powerful as they could be and also would be easy to knock me off balance. Compared to my feet being more spread apart.

The truth it I was being lazy with my footwork, trying to overcompensate to be able to do something at the same ability with less effort, but this will always lead to a lack of something.

Moving your arms like that is a classic telegraph. There are no if ands or buts. When WE (not just you because me and all others have a long way to go) get good enough to start to develop our own style then we can begin to see what fits us. But you can't even start to do that until you have good basics.

I hope this message finds you well and you take it in the right way. I apologize if my previous post was a little aggressive.

It is true that striking can be different for everyone and you can do whatever you want. But if you are doing something wrong there is no debate. You can either accept you're doing it wrong or change what you're doing and get better.

And while you tell me to post bag work I don't have any videos but I will do you one better I will put myself in your shoes.

While boxing I used to keep my feet closer together because it made it easier to move and because I saw Ali do it. While it did make my footwork a bit quicker my punches were not even close to being as powerful as they could be and also would be easy to knock me off balance. Compared to my feet being more spread apart.

The truth it I was being lazy with my footwork, trying to overcompensate to be able to do something at the same ability with less effort, but this will always lead to a lack of something.

Moving your arms like that is a classic telegraph. There are no if ands or buts. When WE (not just you because me and all others have a long way to go) get good enough to start to develop our own style then we can begin to see what fits us. But you can't even start to do that until you have good basics.

I hope this message finds you well and you take it in the right way. I apologize if my previous post was a little aggressive.

Yes my guard and boxing looked relatively trash. My kicks are still solid. Thing about boxing is you have to throw a thousand punches a week to have good hands. If you don't do it for a few years it's gonna look bad. Hands looked a tad slow and the start of the hooks looked telegraphed dropping my hand for more power.
Now the kicking thing is diverse, if you start the kick from a far distance you probably can afford to drop your hands a bit.

It just comes down to training. Can't expect to look technical if you train 1-2 a month.

To loosey goosey. Tighten up your strikes. More lead hand work and drive your kicks in for emphasis.
Don’t flop around after landing. Retract more efficiently. Stay tighter and more defensive and observant between strikes.

Where did say I was open to criticism ?

I am not a begginer.

I'm not supposed to take advice from unknown posters.

At least be better then me before you critisize me.

You can't read too much into the video. Tad out of shape. Just getting back into it. Just hit the bag for a minute.

I don't know who you are. Never saw a video of you.

I can respect input and still have my own beliefs.

Just by you thinking I'm a begginer entirely discredits you in my eyes.

That and thinking because someone got sherdog account means I have to take their advice.
You seem a tad bit bi-polar.
You want “comments” but no criticism? Then when people give constructive feedback you wanna spar them because they hurt your feelings?
You are 100% a beginner and try to respect your gym a bit, yeah?

You want “comments” but no criticism? Then when people give constructive feedback you wanna spar them because they hurt your feelings?

Bro everyone knows I'm the champion of the universe. Thank you for the flowers my peasant.

What better way to inflate your ego then to spar some noob to show he is the noob and not you ?

Thought so, thank you for your time and have a nice day my little queen.

I am 100% a beginner ? Says who ? You, who are you ? Just stick to posting, don't enter a mat, you might braik a toe nail.

OK according to 30% on sherdog pro fighters suck too. Everyone sucks just the nerds behind their computer know what's up. Put up or shut up, you can test my abilities any day of the week.

I know it's not that serious
Just funny you think a grown ass man needs to believe and agree with random people online. We all can make our statements and Noone needs to agree. That's what sherdog is for. Talk about mma without participating ever in it. I am a 100% beginner lol.

That's what hit a nerve for you. Your noob opinions from the outside didn't get valued. I politely dissgreed. When told to come prove your knowledge of the sport you cry that I'm bullying you and bi polar.

Anyone who thinks I'm a beginner can meet me on the mats and see how bad I am at this sport. Shouldn't be hard to master a beginner ? Or are you even below begginer?

I do not kiss ass. I speak my mind, in this sport you have to be full of yourself and believe in your skills if you got them.

I never claimed to be Buakaw Banchamek but if you claim I'm a begginer of this small bag video then I know you suck utterly in combat sports, probably never even tried.
Who knows maybe you're some 110 pound teenager watching mma since you saw Conor on Instagram.

I'll fight you for real anytime you want.

So there's that. I hope you don't cry now on Twitter about it, or reddit. Nerd.

Last edited:
Back