Media Khamzat's fraudulent wrestling record exposed

Well, I would like to say that Im shocked but Im not as this seems to be a quite common phenomena with fighters from this region and this cultural background!

We had a guy in Austria who got his first loss while he was competing as Hasan Khamzatov, then later re-started the career as Hasan Chamzatov. He should have gotten his 2nd loss then against Bosnian fighter Ahmed Vila by submission but as the event was organized by his team they turned it into a NC and stated that he didnt tap and at this event the ref had no power to stop the fight if the fighter didnt tap (ridiculous, I know, but you can look the whole fight and incident up on youtube). Didnt help him because he lost his next two by submission so then he did what most guys from this region and cultural background do, as soon as he saw that he is not the next coming of Rocky Marciano he quit because he was not man enough to handle a loss.

Thats why you have so many post fights in Russia, its like 99% guys from this cultural background who just cant handle losses and then freak out afterwards. Especially if they lose against somebody from a different cultural background. Just look it up, youtube is full of such suckerpunches etc.
Now this is kind of wild. Thanks for writing it up.

Who cares? It's like when I bring up that Shavkat lost twice to the same guy in MMA (much more relevant than amateur wrestling), one of them after he had numerous pro fights and still gets touted as an undefeated fighter

His amateur wrestling record doesn't guarantee anything in MMA. Same goes for Bo
Exactly, it doesn't matter in mma. Koscheck was like a four time all american and faced a "0 wrestling experience" karate dude in GSP and went like 0-30 in takedowns lol. It's totally different when you also have to focus on not being KO'ed in the process of humping someone ...

Jones who wasn't a great wrestler also outwrestled DC who was an olympian...

It is often claimed that Khamzat was undefeated on the Swedish regional circuit but here are two of his losses to regional level Euro wrestlers. He goes by the last name "Girikhanov" here as that was his mother's last name and didn't want to stain his record under the "Chimaev" name.

Above is the most embarrassing loss as he gets destroyed 9-2 and has a temper tantrum afterwards and refuses to shake the opponent's hand.

Bo Nickal pins this dude in 2 mins max

Berg is a good greco wrestler. Nickal wouldn’t beat Berg in greco. Berg is an Olympian and a medalist at the European Championships.

Nice videos though.

Both guys he lost to has competed internationally. They aren't world champs but were no chumps for sure, great greco wrestlers. They would beat Nickal the same, in greco. So respect to Khamzat for competing in greco.
However, when people say Khamzat is a swedish champion in freestyle wrestling like it's a good thing.. It's a useless measuring stick, like there has never been a good swedish freestyle wrestler.
What is clear is that he is a great wrestler in MMA! But talking about the olympics in wrestling, my good chill😂

It is true that Swedish freestyle wrestling (men) doesn’t hold a very high level nowadays. But it’s wrong to claim that there has never been a good Swedish freestyle wrestler (as you do in your post).
Sweden used to be good at men’s freestyle wrestling as well, medaling at the Olympics every decade from 1920’s to the 1970’s.

According to Sherdog fight finder, he went pro before they fought though... any reason why the fights would be amateur instead of pro? Usually once you go pro, you are banned from amateur fights, no? https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Shavkat-Rakhmonov-179185
They matched it by number of fights. Only the ruleset changes. Like shorter rounds or shinpads. They had the same amount of fights. This happens overseas when there isn't an athletic commission. I am pretty sure his opponent also turned pro and fought amateur too.

It is true that Swedish freestyle wrestling (men) doesn’t hold a very high level nowadays. But it’s wrong to claim that there has never been a good Swedish freestyle wrestler (as you do in your post).
Sweden used to be good at men’s freestyle wrestling as well, medaling at the Olympics every decade from 1920’s to the 1970’s.

My bad, it is true that there are several medals for Sweden in freestyle wrestling at the highest level! I do think the level of wrestling has gone up quite abit since the 1920s.

Exposed as what? The guy is obvious a great talent no matter what happens here.

True that, he's a great fighter, but people think he's messiah or the second coming. So he's looked upon with super high standards compared to other fighters from what I see. They expect domination all the time by him.

I guess exposed is too strong of a word, but more or less show that he's just human after all.

True that, he's a great fighter, but people think he's messiah or the second coming. So he's looked upon with super high standards compared to other fighters from what I see. They expect domination all the time by him.

I guess exposed is too strong of a word, but more or less show that he's just human after all.
I think that people get too sucked into the hyperbole and positive fandom of the guy creating impossible expectations. The guys really good and had to jump real high in quality of opposition. To me I was really excited by him but wasn't at all disappointed w his fights with burns or Usman. He unfortunately needs more fights so he can get seasoned and calm himself in firefights, but he's just not as active as he should be.

Ehh it doesn't really matter. His wrestling is proven in mma, also I doubt anyone ever thought he would stand a chance against Nickal in straight up wrestling, except for maybe extreme nuthuggers

Khabib was extremely whiny too when he lost in sambo but it didn't seem to stop him from having a great MMA career.

Who cares about this? We'll see how fraudulent Khamzat is or is he legit against Whittaker. Perfect fight for him to be exposed or proven to be the real deal.
This, honestly. There would have been questions if it was Bobby immediately after the DDP fight, but he's proven he's got his bearing back against Costa, he's a great test for where Khamzat actually is.

So his wrestling record is 400-1?

That’s a lot more Rickson like than No Nickles type.

Nikals hasn’t ever been remotely close to being even the best wrestler in his own college let alone the world
Nickal's win over Tsakulov > any win in Chimaev's wrestling career. Just a fact

According to Sherdog fight finder, he went pro before they fought though... any reason why the fights would be amateur instead of pro? Usually once you go pro, you are banned from amateur fights, no? https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Shavkat-Rakhmonov-179185
Seems like it’s kinda the same with kickboxing/mt - Chinese kickboxer Liu Ce went pro years ago yet according to Wiki competed and won Chinese title in amateurs in 2023, French Jimmy Vienot had first pro fight in 2013 and last in amateurs in 2021.

regular wrestling =/= MMA wrestling

gregor gillespie sonned michael chandler in ncaa wrestling. their mma careers took very different paths.

It is often claimed that Khamzat was undefeated on the Swedish regional circuit but here are two of his losses to regional level Euro wrestlers. He goes by the last name "Girikhanov" here as that was his mother's last name and didn't want to stain his record under the "Chimaev" name.

Above is the most embarrassing loss as he gets destroyed 9-2 and has a temper tantrum afterwards and refuses to shake the opponent's hand.

Bo Nickal pins this dude in 2 mins max

Where is the tantrum and refusal to shake hands? (OP says 2nd vid - I could not find it Timestamp?).

Anyone feel free to answer.... thanks

He's unbeaten in MMA though and that's all that matters here.

Plus if he fights Bo, there's a good chance he makes Nickal look very stupid. NCAA gay wrestling is not comparable to MMA wrestling where we've seen many Olympic wrestlers get shut down or taken down themselves let alone Div 1'ers get dominated by people who never even wrestled.

Nickels is an overhyped wrestlebum just waiting to be on some top 10-15 MW's highlight reel. I think even someone just outside of the rankings, like Pyfer or Hobocop, would feed him to the canvas. His chin is ripe for the picking.

Back