• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Khamzat just went to war with #2 WW in world during Ramadan

I haven't yet seen one person share that Chimaev was Fasting while in preparation for his bout with Burns. Not one. If Chimaev was partaking in the part of that sacred time for Muslim's then I will be very impressed.

He did not fast, he said he will do it after the fight.
I didn't read that anywhere but it makes sense that he would have an exemption for this time.

It's silly that people are using his religion to get their point across. It's distasteful.

Throwing the bellators welters in, Burns a top 10 welter ( I hope) and Chimaev got it as good as he gave it in a fight that was supposed to showcase him running through ( -535) a Gilbett Burns.

I never reach an " aura " type view unless I see the proof in the pudding. I'm usually in wait & see mode which most intelligent people share.

After Saturday night , Chimaev a beatable fighter and has shot at welter title only and I dont see that happening if Usman still champ.

Chimaev backers will, lol, continue to have this super hero mode of kham.

Fighting is not allowed but it is unclear if smesh is allowed.
Khamzat is getting away with this

I didn't read that anywhere but it makes sense that he would have an exemption for this time.

It's silly that people are using his religion to get their point across. It's distasteful.
10 min mark. Ramadan started april first or second.

If we can find out if Khamzat actually fasted then we can talk as I’m hearing conflicting accounts.

If he fasted then that’s impressive the fight he gave.

If he was fully fed and hydrated then he has many areas to work on if he’s going to be champion.

Doesnt seem that hard. Wake up at 7pm, eat breakfast at 8pm, eat lunch at 12am, eat dinner at 4:30am.
Yeah, that's not normal for someone who doesn't partake in ritual Fasting. I am always impressed when I see anyone starving and drinking nothing for long periods of time. Spiritual/Ceremonial Fasting is very hard. I've watched people break and tap out. It's no disrespect at all. Fasting is just really difficult especially if your current diet hasn't changed for a long time. Maybe it wouldn't be hard for you and that's cool. I just think the average person isn't aware of how hard that time is.

You know how some fighters will thank their lord and savior Jesus Christ after a fight, but then pop some bottles and have a face full of titties at the after party? Khamzat is like that, but less haram.

So 40% Ramadan Khamzat took Burns lightly and fought dumb.

I think his coach said fasting had nothing to do with his performance. It was his lack of discipline inside the cage to follow the game plan.

If that's what you are referring to, the performance.

I think his coach said fasting had nothing to do with his performance. It was his lack of discipline inside the cage to follow the game plan.

If that's what you are referring to, the performance.
I agree fight IQ is lacking. I am sure his coach is yelling at him at this very moment and calling him at night.

Why does nobody talk about Khamzat had been fasting the whole day?

I guess you're not aware how Ramadan fasting works? You eat, a lot, literally everyday. Just not during fasting hours. Like, you eat WAY MORE than virtually any fighter who's cutting weight . . . so that's why no one's talking about it: it's a non-issue.

I guess you're not aware how Ramadan fasting works? You eat, a lot, literally everyday. Just not during fasting hours. Like, you eat WAY MORE than virtually any fighter who's cutting weight . . . so that's why no one's talking about it: it's a non-issue.
I know how it works but he only had one sunset to use

They did. In multiple threads. The entire week before. The search function exists.

Back