Khamzat Chimaev vs Gunnar Nelson

Khamzat, one punch into Gunnar's peanut shaped terrible hairline head, done

There are numerous guys he could fight in the top15 that are of no interest to me because he'd easily beat them...like Lawler who is 15th.

Khamzat would beat him easily. he is done.

Diaz, Pettis, RDA.....all those guys would be wrecked by him.
lawler being ranked still is the weirdest thing ever.. hed lose to anybody at this point

all the people trying to discredit gunnar and say he sucks are obvious trolls that dont know shit about mma.

Nelson is so hit and miss. Sometimes he looks great then looks middle tier. I'd take CHimaev by KO

Gunnar is not ranked. I actually believe his next opponent will be Neil Magny, he's active and has had 3 fights this year and took no damage vs Lawler.

id love to see him fight Chiesa next personally but i dont think he'll get someone that high up just yet
chiesa's best win is over RDA, where he looked 2 division above him, and legit just lay and pray. Feed him to khamzat already.

Khamzat would be a legit favorite but I think it’d be closer than ppl think

Gunnar gets hit a lot. Good grappler and might present a good test on the ground for Chimaev, but he shouldn’t try to strike.
Gunnar has very good "entry striking", meaning he opens up his takedown attempts frequently and with decently powerful strikes/combos. I like Gunnar a lot, but at this point wouldn't be too confident in him winning. . . .although him slapping on a submission wouldn't surprise me too much.

After the rain washes away all of Gunnar’s tears and all the pain... he can learn to live again...

388c4bc694a2005d46a02ab53701cc72.jpg

Gunnar evades big strikes and subs this overconfident chechen

Great match up. I say Gunnar.

who else should he fight tho that isnt in the top 15 yet that would be an interesting fight?

There is no one outside the top 10 that would be interesting for Khamzat. Its easy to say this is jumping the gun but he's ready for top 5.

I was high on Gunnar for a while when I saw him beat the handsome kickboxer easily. Can't remember his name. He became on of the commentators for a while.
Anyway, I watched early Gunnar videos and his early run was super impressive.
Then he got easily starched by Ponzi and he hasn't been the same since.
Khamzat's got this aura of invincibility right now. It'll take someone like Luque to break that aura (someone like Luque just doesn't give a fuck and wont let a hype train steamroll over him) but Gunnar wouldn't have the mojo to beat him at this point.
Khamzat is a fun hype train. I'd love to see him steamroll over Gunnar really.

Back