• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Khabibs title reign is actually sad!

Wikipedia-metric masturbators get angry about only 3 title defenses sure. Of course they don't realize that he was pushed into involuntary inactivity for 4 fucking years (almost all his prime) by forces outside of him. He should have got a title shot back on 205 vs Eddie / instead he was kept in limbo for 2 years while shitbag Conor was on maternity leave. Then corrupt UFC was butthurt he beat Conor and punished him for a year because he bitch slapped their boy. Then COVID lockdowns robbed us of another year.

Anyway, the important thing is that people that actually understand the sport understood how good he was. They know he beats every LW that ever walked the Earth during that prime. Not only beats, but manhandles every LW. That is a big fucking deal when LW is the strongest division of all-time. You either understand MMA or you don't, and you either understand greatness while watching it or you don't.
Yeah well this strongest weight class had its champion in this same era get absolutely nuked by Conor a 145 pounder. Why Khabib didn’t become double champ? We know he liked to be bigger than his opponents and had problems making weight.

I don't understand why people nonsensical threads like this, even though they know deep down they don't agree with such a ridiculous assertion
It's clearly a troll post full of hyperbole and words meant to trigger Khabib truthers. However, what was laid out is closer to the truth than the "Khabib is the GOAT" crew.

His record is padded with meaningless wins against nobodies, he fought a fighter outside of the top ten for the "title", his first defense was against a fraud who used personality and a bit of luck to build his mythos more than what he did in the ring, and then followed that up with two legit wins against Poirier and Gaethje. You don't become the "GOAT" with a resume that includes single digit wins against top talent. He retired just when his wins would have started to mean something.

If Chris Weidman retired after he beat Vitor, his resume would have been 10 times more impressive than Khabib's. Should he have been in GOAT contention? Should he be now?

1st of all he beat Iaquinta for it and went life and death at that lol.

Defended against an alcoholic, coke head in Conor

Beat Poirier ( amazing he did what Michael Johnson, Korean Zombie, Cub Swanson, and Danny Castillo did ) lol

Beat Gaetjhe ( now that was a good win )

That's it.. lol

Went life and death?
When you guys go, you really go full fuckin retard huh?

5859576270685191324.gif

Right, which is why no one considers him a GOAT. It is a shame he didn't defend his title more. Strange time to call it a career, but it is what it is.

I don't think sad is the correct word though.

I think his title reign is actually ok.

You should edit the title.

His father dying probably had nothing at all to do with him walkin away.
I mean he doesn't exactly come across as a quitter sir.

Yeah well this strongest weight class had its champion in this same era get absolutely nuked by Conor a 145 pounder. Why Khabib didn’t become double champ? We know he liked to be bigger than his opponents and had problems making weight.
youd think dumbarses would be over trying to tel us that Conor is a 145 pounder...but here we are

youd think dumbarses would be over trying to tel us that Conor is a 145 pounder...but here we are
Never missed weight. Never missed a fight because of weight. We all know Khabib did both.

Beat Poirier ( amazing he did what Michael Johnson, Korean Zombie, Cub Swanson, and Danny Castillo did ) lol

That's it.. lol

1 more title defence and he would have been the greatest LW champ and clearly ahead of all others.
Instead he has 5 good wins, 3 defences but looked dominant in all bar 1 fight.

I wish he had hung around for the Charles fight and solidified that legacy.

They haven’t aged good in terms of wins, those are only good wins not great.
RDA won the title and defended it in dominant fashion. He only just recently left the top 10 after losing late in his fight with Fiziev where he was hanging in the entire time. RDA is an amazing win both then and still to this day. He has only fought top ranked fighters for nearly 10 years now in both WW and LW.

They haven’t aged good in terms of wins, those are only good wins not great.
Barboza and MJ are I can agree with but the RDA disrespect is crazy. Khabib was the only man to beat him in a 11 fight stretch where RDA's victories included Prime Benson, Prime Cerrone X2, Prime Nate, Prime Pettis and he went up to 170 and challenged for an interiem title. RDA has a case for a top 10 LW of all time is probably the best win on Khabibs resume imo

His record is padded with meaningless wins against nobodies.
This is going to get more and more true of almost every fighter. They have guys like Bo Nickal facing gas station attendants and waiters to build his record. Boxing does this constantly. And the UFC seems to be trying to do that as often as well. Where someone like O'Malley gets a punching bag in Moutinho. Or feeding old fighters to young fighters to build their names like Chimaev versus Diaz or the upcoming Ferguson and Pimblett fight.
He fought a fighter outside of the top ten for the "title", his first defense was against a fraud who used personality and a bit of luck to build his mythos more than what he did in the ring, and then followed that up with two legit wins against Poirier and Gaethje.
He also arguably missed weight against Gaethje and got some help from the Fight Island commission on the scale which should count against him.

His record is padded, he would have lost to Tony, Charlers, not enough defenses, etc etc. Any other laughable BS we haven’t heard?

To me it all comes down to one thing - can I think of a LW from his era (or any other) that would have beaten him? No, I can not. And neither can you.

That's it.. lol

I'm not even a Khabib fan but I love the fact that you considered the Gaethje wins the best

Khabib, what an absolute legend.
Still haunting haters several years into retirement.
You all need therapy, seriously.
images

The title reign is respectable, but Khabib's record is what needs dealt with. He is not 29-0. His record needs revised, like Mighty Mouse's was, to exclude "exhibition" fights. A bunch of Khabib's early fights were 2 rounders. His record is inaccurate lol and it's BS that nothing will come of it.
There's gotta be a lawsuit for that, oi! I mean, that's fucking outright fraud right there! Fucking Russia.
What is wrong with the world. Dana, isn't that fucking illegal?
Dana, pleeeeeaseeeee!

He had a good career and he is one of the LW GOATS, but that's it, no overall GOAT discussion, no greatest fighter of all time claim, nothing.

The only argument his toxic fanbase has is the zero and a sack full of "what ifs" and with that they try to bring him in GOAT convos since he is gone, like "he maybe has only a hand full of top5 wins BUT he never cut, he never bleed, he would for sure have defended 10x times bla bla" its all just theoretical nonsense and has no weight to it because as said its just "what ifs".
If anything it's you and your ilk who's been too prone to engage in theoreticals when it comes to the man.
"Khabib would have lost to....____"
"he retired too early and didn't face _______"
Would have, could have.

The chorus of lament from the helpless.
Dude left the sport undefeated and it'll forever rustle your jimmies.
GOAT talk or not the way you lot almost have a Pavlovian drive to denigrate what he's done every time his name is mentioned is just.... incredible.

An interesting look into the psyche of the envious everyman.

If anything it's you and your ilk who's been too prone to engage in theoreticals when it comes to the man.
"Khabib would have lost to....____"
"he retired too early and didn't face _______"
Would have, could have.

No, I never write about "potential theoretical losses" because I don't need to. Writing that longevity is a key factor is not theoretical gibberish but a clear explanation of tangible measurements of somebodies career.

As said I don't need theoretical blabla, I have hard facts, his career and what he really achieved, and based on that I see that he does not belong in the GOAT conversation. As already compared, he is the Rocky Marciano or Joe Galzaghe of the UFC LW division, a solid fighter with a good career but the zero alone still does not help him to be mentioned as one of the all time greats.

You and your homies compare his 3 favorable title defenses against LW strikers with other real warriors careers who had twice as much title defenses and who cleaned out their division from 2-3 generations of fighters, facing all kinds of different styles.

One things is also for sure, you and your homies often attack me and others on a personal level, coming up with all kinds of "armchair psychologist diagnoses" you pulled out of your ass while siting on an online karate forum, and this says much more about you than it does about me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back