News Khabib's manager - Khabib's next fight might not be Ferguson. I'd rather see GSP figth

I don't disagree with the majority of your post.. Tony deserves the fight, and I expect it will happen.

However, I don't get the assertion that Khabib is somehow ducking Ferugson, to fight GSP. The cut to 155 is a unknown granted, however GSP clearly wouldn't do it unless he has attempted test cuts in the past and has a idea of what he feels like at that weight..

Also, GSP is Khabib's idol. I can understand why the fight interests him, it would be a massive boost to his legacy if he can beat GSP, even now. If he hasn't dramatically declined since the Bisping fight and he feels comfortable with the cut, even at this stage GSP is still a threat..

Anyway, I expect Dana to refuse any notion of GSP recieving another title shot, and we've yet to actually hear from Khabib. He only mentioned Ferugson in the run-up to the Poirier matchup.. this might just be smoke and mirrors from Ali and Rizvan.
His managers are always spewing bullshit. What they say and what Khabib himself says are often not the same.

But we do know a couple things for sure.

1. Dana said No to GSP, he hasn’t budged in that since and holds a grudge worse than anyone alive.

2. Gsp said fuck it and retired. Out of testing pool

3. He has made a test cut , he knows he can make it.

The gap fight if it happens won't be till the end of 2020. Gsp needs to reenter the testing pool. Also there's zero chance he'll fight in Moscow. If gsp gets dragged out of retirement, he'll be calling the shots. It'll be in Canada. Khabib needs the fight for legacy more than gsp at this point.

Ferg would willing eat up the underdog role and fight in Russia. If it goes down there it'll be Ferguson. It's really Tony's fight to lose. I'm sure negotiations with gsp will take forever if it's even possible

giphy.gif

GSP, 1,3 and 5

I know you think it's ridiculous, but I don't understand why you can't accept that people believe it. I've seen many people saying the same exact things, hell other people in this thread have said it....You have to also take into consideration that Khabib is a GSP fanboy, so maybe he's not thinking logically, but I guarantee that he thinks GSP is the hardest fight, even now.

Because I'm an egotistical know-it-all who refuses to accept other people's opinions that I deem to be wrong...:)

Nah just kidding. What I think is it's more people that have fooled themselves into thinking GSP is close to the guy he was in his prime. It might not be conscious lying about who they think the bigger threat is, it's more that they (you included I suppose) remember how great GSP was and it's hard to let go. He looked GASSED against Bisping before he landed that nice check hook counter that started the ending sequence. I realize it was MW and he was carrying more weight, etc, but that's still a huge red flag for me. His cardio was always elite, then I see him winded in round 2?

And yeah there's a sound argument for GSP under the 10 point must in round by round scoring vs Hendricks. I was glad he won too. But looking at the fight as a whole, Hendricks did more damage by far and looked like the "winner". Also though...pre USADA Hendricks so there's that.

The gap fight if it happens won't be till the end of 2020. Gsp needs to reenter the testing pool. Also there's zero chance he'll fight in Moscow. If gsp gets dragged out of retirement, he'll be calling the shots. It'll be in Canada. Khabib needs the fight for legacy more than gsp at this point.

Ferg would willing eat up the underdog role and fight in Russia. If it goes down there it'll be Ferguson. It's really Tony's fight to lose. I'm sure negotiations with gsp will take forever if it's even possible

The negotiations with GSP have been on going for a long time already. The only hold up has always been the UFC. If the UFC give the green light, I doubt it takes forever. GSP does need to get into the testing pool, though, unless he's brock lesnar....

To be clear, I hate the word "ducking". He wouldn't be "ducking" Tony as much as chasing the bigger money fight with the bigger name guy. I have no problem with him wanting the GSP fight for all the reasons you listed. But (as you also said) can we just get this Tony fight done first please? If Khabib beats Tony (some of you guys think it's almost a foregone conclusion, I strongly disagree but that doesn't really matter here) then sure, do the GSP fight. If Tony beats Khabib, it's likely an extremely lucrative rematch.
We need a definitive answer on who the best LW of all time is, no argument there..

<36>

Closure long been needed.

Khabib's Russian manager Rizvan Magomedov did a big interview that was released yesterday where he talks about a lot. I'll just translate the stuff related to Khabib's upcoming fight. But it's a good interview for those of you who speak Russian.

Unfortunately I have some bad news, the Ferguson fight might not be next :(.

Timestamped:

- When can we expect Khabib's next fight. In his interview to Channel 1 he said that it's 80% chance that his next fight will be in Russia. How, where, how?

There are negotiations regarding this right now, it's a tournament that might take place in Moscow in march or april. We are only starting these negotiations so i can't say anything for certain at the moment, but ye we are working on this and the next fight might be in Moscow or St. Petersburg.

- So the next opponent for Khabib is Tony Ferguson?

Khabib's next opponent is .... GSP or Tony Ferguson.

- Rizvan from a fans point of view, if we try to be objective, don't you think that Tony with his record and his performances has deserved this fight? Where is Tony, who is going on a big winning streak and where is GSP who is... (get's interrupted)

Whos is also going on a winning streak! And has two titles!

- With all due respect, with all due respect to GSP, he has retired and hasn't competed for a long time.

He left undefeated, he left uninjured, he left on a winning streak of 13 fights. He cleared out his division, he defended his title many times.

I see absolutely no bias or absurdity in this, it's a huge fight. Stylistically GSP is a lot harder opponent for Khabib that Tony Ferguson. A lot!

- What fight would you personally prefer first?

GSP fight of course....

Listen! I am making this announcement on camera, remember this. If the Tony Ferguson fight happens, the next day after the fight, everything will change. Everything will change quickly and everyone will forget all these statements that Tony will do this and Tony will do that. Styles make fights and stylistically Khabib is a nightmare for him. Everything will be put in its place in that fight. People will be talking about how he really was weak, you know like they always do.

- That happens to anyone Khabib beats, "Conor was out of shape", "Poirier was not on his level", there will always be some excuses.

I told this before, that styles make fights and Khabib is the worst opponent for him.
-----------

Well, there it is.

Abdelaziz said in a recent interview that Khabib wants GSP next and it seems like his Russian managers seems to think the same. I guess

This is no good news, but nothing is set in stone yet. Khabib will make his next public appearance att Synergy Forum, that is organised by a Russian billionaire in St. Petersburg 5th of October. We'll have to wait for his public announcement about the future plans.

Khabib beating gsp at 155 doesn't mean much. Move up to 170 if you want that fight otherwise stfu and fight Tony or Conor you dirty rats

giphy.gif

GSP, 1,3 and 5

I know you think it's ridiculous, but I don't understand why you can't accept that people believe it. I've seen many people saying the same exact things, hell other people in this thread have said it to you...not just me....You have to also take into consideration that Khabib is a GSP fanboy, so maybe he's not thinking logically, but I guarantee that he thinks GSP is the hardest fight, even now.
Stylistically GSP is a harder fight for him IMO.

I think they think they have a lot better chance of winning than they actually do. I think he isn’t looking at it objectively and is only looking at tape on defense run.

He needs to be watching GSP Hughes 2, Hughes stylistically lines up pretty similarly to Khabib, compared to other fighters GSP fought.

Accept Hughes was more brutal and better at it imo.

GSP put a fucking dynamic striking clinic on in that fight.

He’s gonna do the same against Khabib.

Stuff the takedowns and let the striking flow.

He fucking axe kicked Hughes for fucks sake.

Also with the surgeries , he’s gonna want to do more that style anyway.

Use the wrestling to keep it on the feet and work him. Take him down once or twice to keep him guessing but not spamming TD’s.

Khabib might look like gsp did in Hughes one right before the fight. Hughes was GSP idol and it got to him before the fight.

Beltless GSP finishes fights, GSP doesn’t own a 55 belt yet.

Uncle Dana knows this and this is why he won’t let the fight happen.

Because I'm an egotistical know-it-all who refuses to accept other people's opinions that I deem to be wrong...:)

Nah just kidding. What I think is it's more people that have fooled themselves into thinking GSP is close to the guy he was in his prime. It might not be conscious lying about who they think the bigger threat is, it's more that they (you included I suppose) remember how great GSP was and it's hard to let go. He looked GASSED against Bisping before he landed that nice check hook counter that started the ending sequence. I realize it was MW and he was carrying more weight, etc, but that's still a huge red flag for me. His cardio was always elite, then I see him winded in round 2?

And yeah there's a sound argument for GSP under the 10 point must in round by round scoring vs Hendricks. I was glad he won too. But looking at the fight as a whole, Hendricks did more damage by far and looked like the "winner". Also though...pre USADA Hendricks so there's that.

Other than looking tired after a 4 year lay off, up a weight, while fighting with colonitis, I thought he actually looked great, just slow, which again could be the weight. I didn't see anything that made me think "this guy can't compete at championship level anymore" His speed and cardio could be attributed to the weight gain, but again, he finished bisping with a barage of elbows and a choke, so I'm not sure how tired he really was.

Long story short. I don't know what he looks like now, but I do know that what I saw against Bisping didn't worry me as much as it worried you apparently.

Take tony completely out of the equation. Say he already fought Khabib. You honestly don't think GSP, even now, could pose a huge threat to khabib?

The only argument I can understand about the gsp fight is that it's the last chance before he gets too old.
I understand too that gsp is his model and he dreams about this fight, he said it multiple times.

But it's not fair to me, gsp looks like Conor here, coming back from years of inactivity and taking the title shot from Tony.

I'm really angry about Tony refusing to fight max too, that was the best option, nobody needed Poirier in this shit.

Khabib beating gsp at 155 doesn't mean much. Move up to 170 if you want that fight otherwise stfu and fight Tony or Conor you dirty rats

Go away with your Conor, you sad troll.

Conor is retired, his foot is a balloon and he will never have the rematch before beating a top 3/5 opponent.

To be clear, I hate the word "ducking". He wouldn't be "ducking" Tony as much as chasing the bigger money fight with the bigger name guy. I have no problem with him wanting the GSP fight for all the reasons you listed. But (as you also said) can we just get this Tony fight done first please? If Khabib beats Tony (some of you guys think it's almost a foregone conclusion, I strongly disagree but that doesn't really matter here) then sure, do the GSP fight. If Tony beats Khabib, it's likely an extremely lucrative rematch.
That absolutely would be ducking by the very definition of ducking.

When you don’t fight the number one contender in your weightclass, and choose to fight others, thats the actual definition of ducking.

Stylistically GSP is a harder fight for him IMO.

I think they think they have a lot better chance of winning than they actually do. I think he isn’t looking at it objectively and is only looking at tape on defense run.

He needs to be watching GSP Hughes 2, Hughes stylistically lines up pretty similarly to Khabib, compared to other fighters GSP fought.

Accept Hughes was more brutal and better at it imo.

GSP put a fucking dynamic striking clinic on in that fight.

He’s gonna do the same against Khabib.

Stuff the takedowns and let the striking flow.

He fucking axe kicked Hughes for fucks sake.

Also with the surgeries , he’s gonna want to do more that style anyway.

Use the wrestling to keep it on the feet and work him. Take him down once or twice to keep him guessing but not spamming TD’s.

Khabib might look like gsp did in Hughes one right before the fight. Hughes was GSP idol and it got to him before the fight.

Beltless GSP finishes fights, GSP doesn’t own a 55 belt yet.

Uncle Dana knows this and this is why he won’t let the fight happen.

I agree. Even with GSP at this age. I agree.

See @mkess I'm not crazy for thinking this stuff <45>

I agree, GSP will be a much harder fight for Khabib, and I agree Khabib is a stylistic nightmare for Tony.

Tony actually panicked under the feminine domination of Kevin Lee, a beta male.
He will get fubared under the destruction of Khabib, who is more of an alpha male than Ferguson thinks he is.

Other than looking tired after a 4 year lay off, up a weight, while fighting with colonitis, I thought he actually looked great, just slow, which again could be the weight. I didn't see anything that made me think "this guy can't compete at championship level anymore" His speed and cardio could be attributed to the weight gain, but again, he finished bisping with a barage of elbows and a choke, so I'm not sure how tired he really was.

Long story short. I don't know what he looks like now, but I do know that what I saw against Bisping didn't worry me as much as it worried you apparently.

Take tony completely out of the equation. Say he already fought Khabib. You honestly don't think GSP, even now, could pose a huge threat to khabib?
Gsp didn’t gas, he poured it on at the end. Gassed fighters don’t do that.

But even without that, there is the fact that In interviews after the fight he said and ill paraphrase
“ no I didn’t gas. Bisping was making adjustments, and i was making adjustments for them so it looked like i slowed down but it was me making changes to my timing. “

Go away with your Conor, you sad troll.

Conor is retired, his foot is a balloon and he will never have the rematch before beating a top 3/5 opponent.

No one wants to see two crotch sniffers humping each other like khabib and gsp do. Conor ko's khabib in the rematch

Gsp didn’t gas, he poured it on at the end. Gassed fighters don’t do that.

But even without that, there is the fact that In interviews after the fight he said and ill paraphrase
“ no I didn’t gas. Bisping was making adjustments, and i was making adjustments for them so it looked like i slowed down but it was me making changes to my timing. “

Personally, I didn't think he gassed either, but I did think that he was pacing himself. I definitely thought he looked a bit slower, but again that could be the weight gain. I really thought he looked great over all though and I don't see how someone could watch that fight and think that it was a bad look for GSP. In my opinion, even now, he's a championship level fighter.

There's definitely a time limit on this fight though. Age is real.

The negotiations with GSP have been on going for a long time already. The only hold up has always been the UFC. If the UFC give the green light, I doubt it takes forever. GSP does need to get into the testing pool, though, unless he's brock lesnar....

Just out of curiosity because i have no clue but if the fight is in Moscow, does GSP need to enter the testing pool anyway? Isn't USADA, well.. USA(DA) only? Or he needs to enter the USADA pool because UFC is American?

Back