Media Khabib's cage wrestling: Making you feel safe when you're not.

Who won a round against him, say his name.
Conor-McGregor-vs-Khabib-Nurmagomedov-scorecard-1027976.jpg

Don't crucify me, i'm just a white belt... (and not a connor fan either)

When people say "if khabib cant get the takedown" I laugh.

If the match lasts longer than 2 or 3 mins he is going to get you on the ground. No one is going to be able to resist the thousand fold techniques and attacks he will use against the fence. One of them is eventually going to get you.

Khabib P4P strongest grip strength?

Nog had beast grip strength in his day. Was one of Fedors most important obstacles to overcome In that fight Imo. Warmaster also.

Cant remember off the top others who could cleary show they had different kind of grip strength when hand fighting with opponents. Would love to hear some mentions and examples.

Poirier claimed Habib wasnt that strong at all. Like he fought much stronger opponents he said. It was the pressure combined with weight balance and skill that overwhelmed him.
Yea there is a couple fighters who have done interviews about fighting him, they all tend to say the same thing. "When I tried to reverse or escape it was a trap, I used effort to put myself in a worse position". So its not necessarily that hes stronger, he can predict the peoples movements on the ground. Some fighters said its ridiculously frustrating because he puts weight on you, then takes the weight off for a second to punch you in the head, then straight back to weight.

Khabib throws a strike while moving his head, positioning up and across the body. This opens up space for Al to lock into the underhook, forcing him to stand up straight. As soon as Khabib feels it lock in, he begins to angle away and throw on the body-lock. Al keeps a wide base while lowering himself a bit to keep his hips lower than Khabib’s (a defense to prevent Khabib from lifting easily), but Khabib can then shuffle to the outside and use the outside trip with ease.

Iaquinta attempts to use an extremely shallow underhook + grip-fighting as a defense, looking to control Khabib’s wrist to prevent the bodylock. Once again, Khabib is at an angle towards his own underhook before stepping into his single leg lift and sweeping the right leg of Iaquinta out.

McGregor looks to break Khabib’s posture by pushing down on his head, hoping that Khabib will not have enough drive to move to the bodylock or double leg. Khabib simply moves to the single leg, and McGregor is too late on any sort of grip-fighting defense. Khabib finishes it with the lift and dump.

Khabib’s step-in and lift feint draws McGregor’s handfight and circle away defense, which Khabib corrals into an outside trip, leaving him in a dominant position.

Read more at the fightsite : https://www.thefight-site.com/home/ufc-254-khabib-nurmagomedov-cage-wrestling

Excellent job, TS!

His trips against the cage are slick as hell.

I agree with Gaethje that nobody under 185 beats him.

Even having said that, his game was so underestimated to the point where people only thought he could get guys down by the cage. The Gaethje fight reminded them otherwise.

And morons still think he would stand no chance at WW

Back