Khabib should be next for Cerrone.

cerrone said in the post fight presser that after talking with Dana, it sounds like his next fight will be vs Khabib. Cerrone also said he wants a break first though.

I think that was just his way of saying he isn't going to do any crazy short notice fights until the khabib fight is ready to be made.

Let Cerrone get his title shot, controversial or not, a win is a win, Cerrone has earned a title fight. But he will lose, so give Khabib.. Bobby Green vs Masvidal winner if Cerrone does get a fight vs Pettis.

How has he earned a title shot? RDA is still the guy for that, and waiting a year for Pettis is obviously unacceptable for Cerrone.

Who does Cerrone have to beat to get a title shot? Dennis Siver?

Seems like the obvious fight to make. Pretty obvious #1 contender match up.
Khabib is a beast, and assuming he is able to perform at his pre-injury levels, I like his chances against Pettis. That said, I think Cerrone could give him a run for his money.
Donald is pretty damn well rounded, and I just don't see him getting completely dominated on the mat by anyone at 155.
Also, I can't help but wonder if Cerrone wasn't affected negatively by ultra-quick turnaround between the Jury and Bendo fights. I respect the hell out of him for stepping up to the challenge, but it was borderline insane against an opponent like Henderson. I wonder if he might not have looked a little better with a "normal" camp?

Back