Media Khabib says he could get year-long ban after McGregor brawl

I'm enjoying the power struggle between Ali and the UFC over Khabibs final fight on his UFC contract.

He's the champ, there is no final fight. He's under contract until he loses the title as far as I know.

He would get less if he did what Dana calls 'playing the game', what the rest of us might call 'meeting the AC halfway', or what Khabib probably calls 'grovelling'.

Whatever you call it, he appears unwilling to do it. So he probably gets a year.

Nick Diaz was also unwilling to do it, and he got max penalties. Chael Sonnen was willing to do it, and his suspensions turned into apologies, offers to help, and eventually thank you's.

This system is not difficult to game. If one chooses to.

I'm enjoying the power struggle between Ali and the UFC over Khabibs final fight on his UFC contract.

There's not really a power struggle going on, Khabib's the champion, unless he loses his next fight and therefore the belt he's fucked anyway. Champion's clause is a bitch.

My prediction has always been 9-12 months and $500K.

Probably a year and he never fights again because he cant make the weight and wont challenge himself by moving up.

fM9n1Gt.gif

Can they not take into account he tried to kill Dillon Danis and reward him?
Khabib tried but he failed and got himself punched in the head and had to hide behind security so he could scurry back into the cage. There is no reward for this.

He's the champ, there is no final fight. He's under contract until he loses the title as far as I know.
The contract doesn't extend itself forever, that's probably illegal.

Here's the clause itself:
if, at the expiration of the Term, Fighter is then UFC champion, the Term shall be automatically extended for a period commencing on the Termination Date and ending on the earlier of (i) one (1) year from the Termination Date; or (ii) the date on which Fighter has participated in three (3) bouts promoted by ZUFFA following the Termination Date (”Extension Term”). Any references to the Term herein shall be deemed to include a reference to the Extension Term, where applicable.
It extends by one year or three fights, whichever ends earlier.

Khabib tried but he failed and got himself punched in the head and had to hide behind security so he could scurry back into the cage. There is no reward for this.
Lol, get Danis’s dick out of your mouth. The moment Khabib hit the ground they were both stormed by security, no one can get a real idea out of that exchange.

Lol, get Danis’s dick out of your mouth. The moment Khabib hit the ground they were both stormed by security, no one can get a real idea out of that exchange.
Lol I guess you need to watch a few different angles there kid. It is 100% fact that Khabib gets hit by Danis and Khabib scurried back into the octagon. Somebody needs to make a still frame of Khabibs face when he realizes he is being saved by security and he timidly peaks over his shoulder to see if he is really safe.

All UFC has to do is unload a dumptruck full of money at their hearing and it will go away

One year would be little punishment considering that brawl made him an absolute legend. He was already one of the greatest fighters to ever do it but that stuff was just next level. Beat Conor and then beat up Conor's team, too funny. What is one year compared to being able to expose those bitches? Nothing.

Lol I guess you need to watch a few different angles there kid. It is 100% fact that Khabib gets hit by Danis and Khabib scurried back into the octagon. Somebody needs to make a still frame of Khabibs face when he realizes he is being saved by security and he timidly peaks over his shoulder to see if he is really safe.
Lmao, he’s literally being dragged you wanker. I’m a Khabib fan but I know Danis would offer an interesting ground sequence. If you took Danis winning from that scuffle though then you have Danis’s balls on your chin as neither of them won anything in that.

The Ufc fucked this up. Honestly Khabib should take the rematch, destroy Conor again, his hype would crazy, then he could go do a boxing match against floyd without the UFC, he could make bank. Then come back to fight Tony for LW GOAT title

The contract doesn't extend itself forever, that's probably illegal.

Here's the clause itself:

It extends by one year or three fights, whichever ends earlier.
Why couldn't Randy fight Fedor though ?

Back