• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Khabib says GSP dont want to fight ..

No, he shouldn't, unless he wanted the win at 170 for legacy reasons or something. I dont think he ever really talked too much about going up though.

If it was for title implications (which I wouldn't have agreed with gsp getting, even though I'm a fanboi) 155 was the answer. If it was strictly legacy, 162 catch all the way
Well I think khabib retiring at the top of his game was tragic ( and I have no feeling with him either way as an mma fan). If he sticks around then the move up (legacy) wouldve/couldve went down. I said the day he retired " shame - this guy was clean, undefeated, 2-3 more defenses and a win agsinst a relevant welter and we finally wouldve realized thee goat [ if all that happened] cause we still dont have one".

That's my response to the whole legacy deal.

After seeing what Khabib did to Gaethje GSP wants none of that smoke.

Beyond being old, his grappling is sloppy and primitive compared to Khabib. He is built to fight 2000 era American wrestlers, not exotic Sambo/Judo players with the best grappling ever.

Anyone asked GSP if this is true? ”Kebab said” means nuffin.

Khabib should fight Usman

GSP last fought at middleweight has been retired for years and Khabib says GSP doesn't want the fight . Fighting at 155 is not realistic for GSP

If Khabib wants to really challenge himself he should fight Usman

This is the only realistic fight that should happen next for Khabib or he should fight the next contender at Lighyweight

GSP has won two belts Khabib should try do the same

He's already the GOAT for a lot of people. GSP is neck and neck and a result either way would have shifted the narrative one way or another.
Neck and neck? Khabib doesn’t have the resume or accomplishments and beating an old, inactive, starved GSP wouldn’t change that.

Reactions: lsa
The look of joy in GSP's face when he heard the recent interview regarding Dana trying to set up this match kind of tells me otherwise. Likely this is a part of that dance that needs to happen where both fighters argue their demands.

Fucking LOL!!

He has 3 top 5 wins in his career. 3.

He is not even in the top 20 wrt GOAT ranking. Did you just start watching this sport a few weeks ago??
Imagine thinking GSP is greater than Khabib lmao keep trolling my boy

Yeah that’s why GSP spent 10 years ducking the fight lol.
Tough to duck a fight you weren't calling for. Its baffling to me that all his haters say he ducked a fight when it was literally everyone else but him calling for it. Its only one man's career, and his choice to do with it as he sees fit. Not try snd appease a bunch of no bodies that haven't done shit with their own lives

The look of joy in GSP's face when he heard the recent interview regarding Dana trying to set up this match kind of tells me otherwise. Likely this is a part of that dance that needs to happen where both fighters argue their demands.
Let's hope so... sadly Dana doesn't have the greatest track record when it comes to finalizing these superfights when it's 2 guys that are set financially and that he can't bully into accepting shitty conditions.

He's used to dealing with struggling young fighters who works 2 jobs to afford training camps, and who would fight for a pair of Adidas and the exposure, not fighters who aren't desperate and have managers.
The Fertitas giving the UFC to Dana when the sport was in the dark ages, and guys would fight for peanuts gave him some really bad habits...

Now he's claiming that MMA is bigger than football/boxing, without giving the UFC guys the respect pro boxers/soccer players enjoy.
Plus he almost always ends up stabbing the "company men" in the back, so there isn't even an incentive to be loyal to the UFC and do them favors "because Dana will stick up for you".

Well, Khabib asked an "old" retired fighter to make a weight cut that likely don't want to do to fight against a fighter much closer to his own prime

Said that prime vs prime i give it to GSP by UD, George have huge skill and reach advantage for a striking guerrilla from long medium-distance, and enough wrestling/strenght to defend from Khabib's grappling

Khabib has probably requested 155 and GSP at 40 does not want do that.

No it is not.. Not even close..

GSP has never called anyone out that he did NOT want to fight..

From Penn to Diaz, Condit, Hughes, Fitch, Shields, Kos, Bisping you name it..

GSP says your name.. He wants the fight...

his words were meaning about khabib cause he was doiit while his actions had already removed himself from the testing pool and cant fight while he talking about fighting.

gsp is playing the victim card to his base and it works.

No, he shouldn't, unless he wanted the win at 170 for legacy reasons or something. I dont think he ever really talked too much about going up though.

If it was for title implications (which I wouldn't have agreed with gsp getting, even though I'm a fanboi) 155 was the answer. If it was strictly legacy, 162 catch all the way

gsp cant about money when he was always the highest paid in the

nate didnt turn down jorge cause of money it cause he being a diva.

GSP always said that stars had to be aligned. Catch weight and lots of money on the table in other words.
My guess is that Khabib and GSP just can't come to term for the weight limit... and if that is the case, it is not classy of Khabib to say GSP don't want the fight.

Back