• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Khabib says GSP dont want to fight ..

The UFC stops them by not paying the fighters the percentage of big money fights the fighters think they deserve. That's often the case in prize fighting -- its why it took several years for the Mayweather-Pac fight to happen. Everyone was talking about how one or the other was afraid, but when the money was right suddenly all the fear magically disappeared -- almost as if it'd always been just about the money.

The problem is the UFC and the fighters are all independents (ie they're not employees), and so everyone is responsible for figuring out what they want to be paid for a given fight. That's no different than plumbers or electricians or any other contract worker. Just because you offer a plumber their regular pay for an exceptionally hard job doesn't mean they'll take it (and in fact most will ask for higher than normal pay for a harder and riskier than normal job).

The fighters and the UFC know this. Fans don't, and so they think its about challenge and fear and legacy and all those things that sound nice but don't put bread on the table. As many once rich (as in more than $100 million earned) and now broke athletes have found out, you can't eat legacy (Google it for a long list of athletes who blew far more money than either GSP or Anderson ever made).

mma and boxing are 2 different things. ufc didnt stop conor vs floyd. ufc didnt stip conor vs diaz. ufc didnt stop gsp vs bisping. ufc didnt stop jorge vs diaz. ufc didnt stop brock lesner from fighting.

ufc didnt stop brock vs dc. brock did. ufc didnt stop gsp vs anderson gsp did. ufc didnt stop brock vs fedor fedor did. ufc didnt stop randy vs fedor fedor did. ufc didnt stop jon joens vs brock jon jones did.

duh floyd vs pacman makes more money the tickets were 250k for ring side and ppv was 120 plus. what mma fight you paying 250k to sit cage side for.

AnimatedCleverJaguarundi-size_restricted.gif

it still true.

Like I said in the other thread. If this fight doesn’t happen it’s because Khabib is demanding it at 155. That’s not very GOATlike considering GSP is 40 years old.

The only chance GSP has is if the fight is at least at 165-170. At 155 a 40 year old GSP has no chance. I’m just surprised that Khabib won’t make the fight more fair. I thought this was his “dream fight”??

Oh well.

That’s funny coming from a GSP fan. Khabib must move up in weight, Silva must move down in weight. GSP is never to blame.

Gsp only punches down no.way he takes a fight with a bull still in his prime unless he has a huge advantage which is why he's probably going to call out deivison or Joe benevidez before he fights anyone anywhere near his weight or remotely close to.their prime.
SN checks out

That’s funny coming from a GSP fan. Khabib must move up in weight, Silva must move down in weight. GSP is never to blame.
Why should GSP move down to 155? Khabib clearly wants to have an advantage over Georges. He's already old and past his prime why is Khabib being difficult about it? If you want to beat the man then do it at the weight class he dominated in. Asking Georges to come to 155 is weak.

Why should GSP move down to 155? Khabib clearly wants to have an advantage over Georges. He's already old and past his prime why is Khabib being difficult about it? If you want to beat the man then do it at the weight class he dominated in. Asking Georges to come to 155 is weak.

He shouldn’t, but GSP fans spent 10+ years saying if Silva wanted to fight GSP he had to come down to 170. I hope I don’t need to explain the irony to you.

He shouldn’t, but GSP fans spent 10+ years saying if Silva wanted to fight GSP he had to come down to 170. I hope I don’t need to explain the irony to you.
Why was Silva and his fans trying to bully GSP? lmao at calling out the champ BENEATH your weight class. That shit shouldn't be applauded.

Why was Silva trying to bully GSP? lmao at calling out the champ BENEATH your weight class. That shit shouldn't be applauded.

Why was GSP trying to bully Khabib? Are you this dumb? It was the biggest fight possible in MMA for nearly 10 straight years, between the P4P #1 & 2, and two of the candidates for GOAT. GSP just knew Silva would have annihilated him.

Why was GSP trying to bully Khabib? Are you this dumb? It was the biggest fight possible in MMA for nearly 10 straight years, between the P4P #1 & 2, and two of the candidates for GOAT. GSP just knew Silva would have annihilated him.
Khabib called out GSP, not the other way around. The whole reason these talks even began is because of Khabib. Agreed Silva would have slaughtered GSP but why the fuck should GSP be criticized for declining the fight?

Steroids

GSP would have beat Anderson Silva, he was Silva’s worst stylistic matchup

I understand GSP wanting to avoid this and I'm not sure why he's being criticized. Fighting Khabib at this point in time is obviously beyond risky. He's more likely to lose than not.

It's just disappointing that we won't get to settle their GOAT debate.
It just got settled via khabib ducking GSP. the fight is only fair at a catch weight or 170.

Thank you for the link
"At the end of the day, GSP is the greatest welterweight of all time," Soares said. "People argue back and forth who the greatest pound-for-pound fighter in the world is. Some people say it's Anderson, some people say it's Georges St-Pierre. So I think the way to settle it is to do a catch weight at 177 1/2, right down the middle, and see what happens.
But Ed Soares saying that meeting at 177 1/2 would be nice, isn't exactly the same thing as =>
anderson said he even gone down to 175 to figh him and gsp still said no.

Fact is, GSP said "come down to 170 if you want to fight me, you already fought at that weight before"
And Silva said "no, you come up to 185 if you want the fight, come to my division"
"No u"
"NO U!"

Why would any of them budge when they're both champions with belts to defend? That's usually when the promoter does something to make it worth it for both guys.
Dana White did nothing, except wait for one of them to budge, which never happened. He went from "Silva doesn't want that fight, and he doesn't deserve it" to "GSP doesn't want that fight, and he doesn't deserve it", it's always the same bullshit with that fat bald lying goof. <31>

Now he's doing the same crap with Khabib and GSP, instead of making it worth it for one or the other, he's just waiting for either GSP to go down to 155 or Khabib to go up 170, with no incentive.
And it's not like these guys are poor up-and-coming fighters who don't have a choice and must take his shitty deals; they're both respected champions and GOAT candidates who are financially set for life...

GSP talked about catch-weight to compromise, but instead of trying to make it work and spend some $$$, "NAH GSP DOESNT WANT THIS FIGHT HE NEVER DID" <mma2>

Reactions: lsa
Agreed. Khabib cannot be GOAT. Not even close really. Resume is very lacking

UFC had their chance at GSP vs khabib and opted against. No one to blame but themselves

That says a lot about the UFC talent than khabib.

Thank you for the link

But Ed Soares saying that meeting at 177 1/2 would be nice, isn't exactly the same thing as =>

Fact is, GSP said "come down to 170 if you want to fight me, you already fought at that weight before"
And Silva said "no, you come up to 185 if you want the fight, come to my division"
"No u"
"NO U!"

Why would any of them budge when they're both champions with belts to defend? That's usually when the promoter does something to make it worth it for both guys.
Dana White did nothing, except wait for one of them to budge, which never happened. He went from "Silva doesn't want that fight, and he doesn't deserve it" to "GSP doesn't want that fight, and he doesn't deserve it", it's always the same bullshit with that fat bald lying goof. <31>

Now he's doing the same crap with Khabib and GSP, instead of making it worth it for one or the other, he's just waiting for either GSP to go down to 155 or Khabib to go up 170, with no incentive.
And it's not like these guys are poor up-and-coming fighters who don't have a choice and must take his shitty deals; they're both respected champions and GOAT candidates who are financially set for life...

GSP talked about catch-weight to compromise, but instead of trying to make it work and spend some $$$, "NAH GSP DOESNT WANT THIS FIGHT HE NEVER DID" <mma2>

shows fighters stop fights not the ufc.

ufc doesnt stop money fights they love money fights.
jone
shows that fighters

Back