Media Khabib On Dana Pushing For The Conor Rematch

Because he knows Conor was starting to find a rhythm before he gassed.

He’s scared a rematch won’t be as easy. I agree a fight after cowboy doesn’t deserve the shot but ten more fights? That’s shook there

there was absolutely nothing, that Conor showed during that fight. He doesn’t deserve a rematch, EVER. Maybe he should give Aldo a rematch first, because that seemed like more of a lucky punch. Conor has nothing for that wrestling, and he’s getters older, cardio just doesn’t magically appear.

If the UFC thought conor would make them more money why would they end his career feeding him to khabib?

Because Khabib has the belt. If he didn't, they'd be keeping him away from Khabib for sure. I mean, look at it like this: Conor should be fighting either Gaethje or Ferg, but those are two guys who could very well beat him badly. Instead he's fighting Cowboy, a much more favorable match-up.

You can't sit and wait on a fighter's career. The UFC will probably make more off one Khabib vs Conor fight than having Conor fight a bunch of contenders, and you never know what might happen in the meantime in terms of injuries and what not. Gotta strike while the iron's hot and keep on striking until it isn't.

And if he fights Khabib again, he probably will lose again, but it won't finish him. The UFC won't make a big deal about it in their promotion and they'll move Conor onto Nate or Masvidal at a bigger weight class. Remember when Holly beat Ronda? The UFC made it out like it never even happened for years.

Because Khabib has the belt. If he didn't, they'd be keeping him away from Khabib for sure. I mean, look at it like this: Conor should be fighting either Gaethje or Ferg, but those are two guys who could very well beat him badly. Instead he's fighting Cowboy, a much more favorable match-up.

You can't sit and wait on a fighter's career. The UFC will probably make more off one Khabib vs Conor fight than having Conor fight a bunch of contenders, and you never know what might happen in the meantime in terms of injuries and what not. Gotta strike while the iron's hot and keep on striking until it isn't.

And if he fights Khabib again, he probably will lose again, but it won't finish him. The UFC won't make a big deal about it in their promotion and they'll move Conor onto Nate or Masvidal at a bigger weight class. Remember when Holly beat Ronda? The UFC made it out like it never even happened for years.
Yeah exactly and Ronda was only beaten once by Holm before becoming s punchline and moving to WWE.

I think they'd make more money having him fight ranked opponents that meant something to the weight class he's trying to win a belt in. The fact that he isn't is very telling about what the UFC thinks his chances are against top LW's.They're setting him up for a one fight money grab. If he fights again and loses his shine is gone. Nobody will give a shit about masvidal or Diaz, nobody cares to see Diaz part 3 now as it is both coming off losses.

WTF are you talking about?
Let's not forget that Conor was (and probably still is) the biggest star the UFC has.
I don't know should he have or should he not been given the title, but fact of the matter is Jose Aldo's head exploded in just 13 seconds when McGregor put his hands on him. The "great" champion came in a beaten man. And never recovered past glory after that.
So I guess Conor's title shot was ALL worth it. At the end of the day we want to see who can beat who, and not who has been given title shot correctly or not.
If you mean the title shot at LW after he destroyed Aldo, again, it was well worth it since the champion then Eddie Alvarez got destroyed as well. It proved he was not worthy to be champion at 155. Conor was superior to him, which automatically means he was superior to other top lightweight fighters as well.
Nobody cares about your political opinion, racist or not, Conor destroyes guys. And we are here to watch, and if you want to discuss politics, that's for sure not the right place to do it. Go somewhere else.
Pretty sure you're the one who was crying about khabib being bad for the sport. Did me reminding you about how your hero got where he is and him being a walking talking POS hurt your feeling's hypocrite?

If you think beating one guy makes you the best in the division you're clueless about the sport and how much more difficult it is to actually earn your shot swimming through a pool of sharks. Ever heard the term "styles make fights" try to understand what it means newb.
"But, but, but, Connie's a big star"
Maybe you should stick to watching the Kardashians and tmz for your "stars"

Last edited:

I see you got rid of your rapist duo av. You come across as a guy that would sneak into a chicks room after she passed out at a party, and then brag about it to your friends.

Yeah exactly and Ronda was only beaten once by Holm before becoming s punchline and moving to WWE.

I think they'd make more money having him fight ranked opponents that meant something to the weight class he's trying to win a belt in. The fact that he isn't is very telling about what the UFC thinks his chances are against top LW's.They're setting him up for a one fight money grab. If he fights again and loses his shine is gone. Nobody will give a shit about masvidal or Diaz, nobody cares to see Diaz part 3 now as it is both coming off losses.

If he loses, they'll do whatever they can to make it out like it wasn't a big deal. The Khabib loss hasn't destroyed him. The nate loss didn't either.

He isn't going to fight ranked guys at LW because his fame is enough to just give him a TS in most cases. Look at how he got the LW belt. He hadn't even fought at LW in the UFC and he hadn't defended the FW belt either. He fought Nate, who wasn't elite at LW, and it was at a totally different weight class.

Of course it's a money fight grab, but the UFC will keep doing that over and over. Having him get smashed by Gaethje or Ferg outside of a title fight only kills the idea that he's wortht of a title shot. It ain't worth it for them to risk that if they can help it.

Nate vs Mas was huge, and it was huge because the UFC made it that way with their promoting. If that were Conor vs Mas or Nate for some fake belt, they'd have put even more effort into it. It would do insane numbers.

Come on man. You might not give a shit about Nate vs Conor 3, and to be honest, I don't care for it either. But the casuals will eat that shit up and you know it.

If he loses, they'll do whatever they can to make it out like it wasn't a big deal. The Khabib loss hasn't destroyed him. The nate loss didn't either.

He isn't going to fight ranked guys at LW because his fame is enough to just give him a TS in most cases. Look at how he got the LW belt. He hadn't even fought at LW in the UFC and he hadn't defended the FW belt either. He fought Nate, who wasn't elite at LW, and it was at a totally different weight class.

Of course it's a money fight grab, but the UFC will keep doing that over and over. Having him get smashed by Gaethje or Ferg outside of a title fight only kills the idea that he's wortht of a title shot. It ain't worth it for them to risk that if they can help it.

Nate vs Mas was huge, and it was huge because the UFC made it that way with their promoting. If that were Conor vs Mas or Nate for some fake belt, they'd have put even more effort into it. It would do insane numbers.

Come on man. You might not give a shit about Nate vs Conor 3, and to be honest, I don't care for it either. But the casuals will eat that shit up and you know it.

the Khabib loss has definitely effected his brand. losing to Nate is actually worse but they used the narrative that Nate was a welterweight. in his loss to Khabib there was no excuse he or the UFC could make, which is why Conor became unhinged on twitter and keeps talking about the fight with a sense of delusion like he actually was competitive against Khabib.

not to mention the Nate fights were competitive, but the loss to Khabib was a 1 sided beat down.

He clearly is not jumping to what Dana is saying.

You really think that dana:

Wants khabib to not fight in vegas?
Is ok w khabib not fighting conor in an instant rematch,which ALREADY has not happened,despite conors visit to Dagestan to draw him out?
Is ok w khabib SHITTING all over his Conor/cowboy fight?

Sure bud. Keep living in the armpit of delusional nutthuggery.
I think you’re confused and a little short cited!

Khabib is the contracted worker and Dana is the boss.

I’m a fan of Khabib, I just think it’s kind of funny if he thinks he’s not gonna do it the UFC wants him to do

the Khabib loss has definitely effected his brand. losing to Nate is actually worse but they used the narrative that Nate was a welterweight. in his loss to Khabib there was no excuse he or the UFC could make, which is why Conor became unhinged on twitter and keeps talking about the fight with a sense of delusion like he actually was competitive against Khabib.

not to mention the Nate fights were competitive, but the loss to Khabib was a 1 sided beat down.

I'm not saying the Khabib loss didn't affect his brand. It definitely did, but it hasn't ended him like so many want to believe.

He keeps talking about the fight on twitter to keep himself relevant, and when he does he's always highlighting the brief moments he did have in that fight. He's not unhinged or delusional at all. That crap keeps him in the spotlight, while building a narrative for a rematch down the line. It's all intentional, smart, and, let's be honest, probably planned out and written by his public relations/marketing team anyway.

Yeah, the Nate loss was worse, but all forgotten once he took the rematch. It's only us hardcore fans that really care to remember it. The casuals only remember him beating Nate.

I think you’re confused and a little short cited!

Khabib is the contracted worker and Dana is the boss.

I’m a fan of Khabib, I just think it’s kind of funny if he thinks he’s not gonna do it the UFC wants him to do
They can't make him. The ufc has to do business w him just like they gotta put up w conors bullshit.
They couldn't make DJ fight tj.
They couldn't make gsp fight anderson.
They couldn't make anderson fight jones.

giphy.gif

If the roles in this situation were reversed between khabib and Conor this exact same conversation would be going on.

Why not fight him again? He probably beats him easier this time round, makes a shit ton of money and McGregor won't get another shot at him
Neither Conor or Gaetjhe deserve a title shot for beating Cowboy. If Conor beats Cowboy, then give him Gaetjhe and if he makes it past him, at least he earned it this time. And same thing for Justin.

Surprised Dana didn’t invent a belt for this trash comeback fight.
How do you go from champ who lost your belt to the very next fight needing a soft touch on the downside of his career? That’s like losing the Super Bowl and needing to play a college team to get your confidence back. Shows how fragile your championship reign truly was.

Exactly what i'd hoped he'd say. Dana can fuck off with the ridiculous favoritism. If Conor won 10 in a row and then beat Khabib for the belt he could act however he likes and nobody could say shit as he would have earned it. If he is so good why doesn't he prove it.
whoever wins between khabib and tony is undeniably the lw goat .

lol Dana will conspire to make Tony beat you though. Be careful. Maybe Tony will be allowed to roid. Khabib should have made this statement post the Tony fight lol. Big mistake.
Anyway Connor needs atleast 3 top 10 wins to fight for the title in reality. Dana will bend over like a cocksucking cuck that he is and let Connor fight though.

Pretty sure you're the one who was crying about khabib being bad for the sport. Did me reminding you about how your hero got where he is and him being a walking talking POS hurt your feeling's hypocrite?

If you think beating one guy makes you the best in the division you're clueless about the sport and how much more difficult it is to actually earn your shot swimming through a pool of sharks. Ever heard the term "styles make fights" try to understand what it means newb.
"But, but, but, Connie's a big star"
Maybe you should stick to watching the Kardashians and tmz for your "stars"

Conor beat both the previous and the present champion at 145 lbs.
He beat the very best of 145 lbs.
Facts.

Back