Khabib Nurmagomedov's Next Fight

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Who is left for Khabib to fight? He's already dominated RDA who's fighting for the title and he's high in the rankings. Assuming Benson wins I guess he could fight him then get the shot or Donald Cerrone. I know Cerrone wanted a piece of Khabib but Cerrone doesn't wanna wait an entire MONTH before he fights again lol. What do you think if fair to give him next? I'm thinking direct title shot but I would understand one more since he's been out.

i think after rda and pettis fight he should get the winner if he's healthy. Cerrone can also get a ts if he beats bendo

Dana said he gets the winner of RDA/Pettis upon return.

Cerrone-Henderson winner. He's been out too long he needs a tune up fight.

If he goes straight to the title and loses people will cry "It was his knee! his knee!".

There is always Cerrone, but Thomson?

Just feed him to Pettis and be done with his blabbering.

Just feed him to Pettis and be done with his blabbering.

I don't think Khabib is a feeder fight...Honestly the biggest threat to his title. Lost to Guida (even though controversial) and Guida is the best takedown guy he's faced, its close against Melendez but Khabib is an entire different style of beast. He made RDA look mediocre and look at him now.

Pettis.

If Rafael wins, they might as well just hand that tile to Khabib.

I don't know why people like to claim that he is bad at keeping his opponent down, if you refer to the trujillo fight, I'm watching it right now, it's just khabib being reckless and his strategy seems like a combination of going for any possible sub he can, and to take Abel down against the cage to punch his face, kinda like what Davis did to glover but mostly just reckless takedowns.

Anyway it's a fun fight.

If Cerrone wins now, Cerrone.

If not, title shot.

Though I'd like to see Khabib get the shot next, I'd have no problem w/ Cerrone getting the next shot if he beats Henderson.

Cerrone-Henderson winner. He's been out too long he needs a tune up fight.

If he goes straight to the title and loses people will cry "It was his knee! his knee!".

I dont think you have any idea what a tune-up fight is...

Habeeb should probably get the title shot.

Rustam Khabilov is similar to Habeeb and lost to Henderson, but Cerrone flat out lost to Pettis. Cerrone was willing to fight Habeeb though and most people weren't.

Pettis.

If Rafael wins, they might as well just hand that tile to Khabib.

Yup!

Its difficult to favour Pettis' superior striking over Khabib' superior grappling. If he gets hurt he simply turns on the after burners and mauls the champ.

Back