Khabib Nurmagomedov's Next Fight

If Cerrone wins on Sunday, he will fight for the title. I think that Khabib should fight Eddie Alverez when he comes back from injury. Or

Has a future champion ever gone this long without actually winning the title?

Cerrone was willing to fight Habeeb though and most people weren't.

Cerrone would probably fill in for Jacare if they paid him enough.
He says "Yes" to "Do you want to fight..." before he even hears a name or date.

I dont think you have any idea what a tune-up fight is...

I didn't mean in in the way that it'd be easy. I actually would pick Khabib to lose. I meant it in the sense that he needs a fight before the title shot that is all.

Has a future champion ever gone this long without actually winning the title?

I guess when you have a popular Wheaties cover poster boy you want to protect him from a not so popular beast Russian with mediocre English.

I guess when you have a popular Wheaties cover poster boy you want to protect him from a not so popular beast Russian with mediocre English.

I don't buy that. Pettis doesn't move the needle enough to be protected.

A scary mysterious antagonizing bad guy Russian that wrestled bears when he was a kid, and a long line of American contenders trying to dethrone him, is probably the best value the UFC could have right now as a champion in that division.

He didn't dominate RDA. That term is far over-used to describe a decisive wrestle-hump. There has to be a distinction between what Glover did to Maldanado and what Khabib does. I'm MUCH rather have been Maldanado. He took like 50 times as much damage. They are two vastly different types of wins in reality then. Domination isn't usually what Khabib does.

That said, I don't want to see Cerrone get next shot, and have it explained away when Pettis beats him again that it's just another favorable match-up for him. Let's prove what kind of fools the people who spam Guida's name as a knock on Pettis are after all. If Khabib is healthy, I want that next.

That said, is Khabib willing to be flexible with his Ramadan duties for the opportunity of a lifetime, or is that going to be a hurdle for him getting next shot? Because that should be his hurdle, not Pettis'. Pettis is not Muslim. If Khabib doesn't adjust, he's going to have to deal with the consequences like take another fight in between or be accused of being scary of Pettis. It'd only be fair. At least he'd be the one preventing a fight in that case, while he's probably physically able to boot.

I think they're projecting the July Fox event in Chicago for Pettis' projected next defense (w/ fellow Roufusportsman CM Punk as co-main event). Ready or not, Khabib.

I guess when you're trying to troll stealthily you shouldn't sport an avatar of Conor McGregor's head on a goat.

If there is a healthy champ when he returns, title shot. If not, I like Barboza as an opponent.

Back