Khabib Nurmagomedov, Jon Jones or Fedor Emelianenko - Who's the best GnP fighter? (The Finals)

Who's the best Ground and Pound fighter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Takes Two To Tango

The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Out of these 3, who had the most vicious GnP attack?

Continuation to this thread.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...had-the-best-ground-and-pound-attack.4309671/

uf_1656424683kgSavnn0zmC0yPIFZlx0anzZI7.jpg

jon-jones-stripped-of-title-second-time-ufc-f918764f-ac18-4a92-93fb-1e7bc5e38178.jpg

1wWB39A.jpg

Meh, couldnt even stop Nog with a couple of clear bombs to the head.
Nog was unknockoutable at that time. He also ate a LHK and lived. So If you cant tell that this GNP isnt the sweetest GNP ever caught on film,your lost lad. Saying "meh" to this makes you a contrarian hipster noob. Dont wanna be that.

We need to be talking about Brandon Vera's face more in this thread. I don't think Jones has the best GnP of all time because he went away from it, but those elbows (which Fedor wouldn't have been allowed to use) were SCARY.

Most dominant GnP = Khabib (GSP deserves a mention here despite lack of finishes on the ground)
Most violent GnP = Jones Hellbows
Combination of domination and violence = Fedor

Genuine LOL @ Khabib. He has exactly how many stoppages with strikes over actual mma fighters? I swear, people will try to shoehorn him into ANYTHING.

And to anyone who tries to reply to this, here is your definitive response: You cannot be known as the best ground and pounder by simply "using strikes to set up other things". We're talking about the best ground and POUNDER of all time FFS, not the best at "control" which is only one aspect of this (and even still, setting UFC records for most takedowns landed in a fight sure doesn't convince me that you are the all time master of top control).

Jones' elbow on Vera > Khabib's entire career combined

Last edited:
Khabib vs Barboza is probably the most dominant display of GNP ever. 30-24 is crazy cause all 3 rounds were 10-8.
LOL dominant enough to not get a stoppage over a guy notorious for having a bad chin with an extremely poor guard? Might as well add Chael to this list for all of the "significant strikes" he hit on Anderson I mean boxing the ears adds up and he had multiple 10-8 rounds too <Lmaoo>

Khabib would never have allowed this to happen
3.gif
You're absolutely right, Khabib would never face someone with actual wrestling ability :rolleyes:

The myth of this guy is absolutely baffling. Might as well add Rickson Gracie to this final too I mean come on... no one is going to get up once he gets on top. Source: "Trust me bro, 400-0"

LOL dominant enough to not get a stoppage over a guy notorious for having a bad chin with an extremely poor guard? Might as well add Chael to this list for all of the "significant strikes" he hit on Anderson I mean boxing the ears adds up and he had multiple 10-8 rounds too <Lmaoo>
Prior to fighting Khabib he only had 1 knockout loss and it was a TKO. Plus he looked like a train wreck as opposed to Silva after Chael’s pounding.

Casual get your facts straight.

Back