Khabib Nurmagomedov is gonna fight for the title next year and might win it

his grappling is next level shit. not many people would make healy look gassed and worthless in the third round like that. very few actually. Healy is usually the guy in advantageous position with the grappling, particularly deep in the fight but Khabib dominated him in that realm.
Yeah, Bam Bam is generally the grinder of the fight. Even if he's losing. Certainly wasn't the case here.

Really impressed with Khabib. I would like for him to fight a guy like Jim Miller next. That has fight of the night written all over it. Regardless, feed him a legitimate top ten guy next (maybe even Cerrone/Dunham winner).

His grappiling is great but I think his striking will cost him, the inside stepping strikes will not work with a lot of fighters, they will counter the fuck outta him.

He's a great fighter and I choose him to win last night, but he would get countered and knocked out by Pettis although it will probably be competitive until he does get knocked out or submitted. Especially in a 5 round fights, there is too much time for him to lose.

His striking is sloppy as hell and predictable. Pettis would take him out standing.

Could Pettis stop him from ragdolling him with takedowns? I legitimately don't know. Huge fan of Anthony's, and I love watching Khabib... he's everything people wanted Jon Fitch to be and so much more.

But yeah, I'm hoping we see these two clash eventually, but I feel like Nurmagomedov needs ONE MORE big win to get the title shot. Put him in there with the Melendez/Sanchez winner.

This dude is beyond good. I see him fighting for the title soon... and winning.

The UFC is an entertainment business and they push marketable fighters, and unfortunately this Khabib character has a few negative marks against him already.

Strike 1

- His name cannot be pronounced by the common man

Strike 2

- He's not charismatic enough

Strike 3

- Doesn't speak very good english.

That's it.

Make his name like this:

Khabib The Eagle or something example Mirko Crocop, nobody knows he actually is Filipovic

Charisma can be thought.

English can be thought.

He should fix his striking and striking defense

Khabib The Eagle or something example Mirko Crocop, nobody knows he actually is Filipovic
I rarely remember myself. Lots of guys are like that too. Nobody remembers Shogun or the Nog bros real names either. Some nicknames just stick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back