Khabib Nurmagomedov is gonna fight for the title next year and might win it

frandie2b

------(SALD BELT)------
@red
Reaction score
He really impressed me last night. Fast and accurate strikes, awesome takedowns and above all he handled very well the pressure Healy was constantly putting on him. And trust me, a lot of guys would have gassed badly because the way he fought requires a lot of energy.

I wasn't sure he could get past Healy, but now I'm totally sold on him. He will probably face RDA next, and this will be a hell of a fight. I think Khabib takes the UD and fights for the title after that against Pettis/Thomson/Grant winner.

I've seen a lot of people trying to discredit him with the Tibau fight (which he won), but I can speak of Pettis's SD over Jeremy Stephens and his loss against Guida too.

I was really impressed by his performance as well, was looking forward to it because of how consistently good he looked until now but the way he dominated Healy made me a true fan.

I also think he's matching up very well with guys like Grant and Pettis, might just be the next champ at 155 is a guy with a russian sheep skin hat on his head

I think Khabib matches up REALLY well with Grant, a bit less with Pettis, but with Khabib's style, he is a bad matchup for basically anyone. His grappling is extremely advanced and he has wicked KO power in the standup. Healy said Khabib is the strongest guy he ever grappled with. Not only that, Khabib doesn't lay and pray. He will take you down, slam you, and then try to punch you until you go out or give up your neck or arm.

The only thing he's missing is a bit of striking defense. If he gets that in his next fight or so, I think he takes it right to Pettis and takes the belt. (Provided Thomson loses, of course.)

Rda?

He is a bad match up for Pettis

Him vs Bendo would be great

He clearly looks like a top 10 guy. Gas started to wain in round 2 but he came back with a vengeance.

Styles make fights though and I think he matches up better with some of the top 5 than others. Either way we will find out and he's destined for big things in MMA.

Damn I forgot Melendez too. If he beats Diego he's also in line for a titleshot.

LW is getting really exciting.

His striking is sloppy as hell and predictable. Pettis would take him out standing.

i hope the world is ready when he wins the belt and starts yelling allahu akbar on us soil :)

Khabib's striking defense is pretty bad. His wrestling/grappling is awesome.

He's like a mini Fedor, love how he wings punches with crazy aggression and his constant pressure

Nurmagomedov/Pettis is the most interesting fight for me at LW if Aldo doesn't move up.

Although I think his striking is a bit sloppy, I think a fight between him and Pettis would be an absolute barn burner

He really impressed me last night. Fast and accurate strikes, awesome takedowns and above all he handled very well the pressure Healy was constantly putting on him. And trust me, a lot of guys would have gassed badly because the way he fought requires a lot of energy.

I wasn't sure he could get past Healy, but now I'm totally sold on him. He will probably face RDA next, and this will be a hell of a fight. I think Khabib takes the UD and fights for the title after that against Pettis/Thomson/Grant winner.

I've seen a lot of people trying to discredit him with the Tibau fight (which he won), but I can speak of Pettis's SD over Jeremy Stephens and his loss against Guida too.

He is definitely elite. He is young, with a lot to work on as far as striking defence, but his ceiling is very high. He could be a dominant champion in a few years - or less.

Pettis is actually a bad match up for Khabib. Khabib's strikes are open to counters from hell. I really like Khabib and have been a fan since he steamrolled Shalorus, but Pettis would whoop him.

His stand-up defense needs some serious work. Throwing reckless flying knees is going to get him countered by Pettis. He's a contender no doubt but he's not a polished product by any means.

On style alone, Khabib would defeat Pettis in my opinion.

The UFC is an entertainment business and they push marketable fighters, and unfortunately this Khabib character has a few negative marks against him already.

Strike 1

- His name cannot be pronounced by the common man

Strike 2

- He's not charismatic enough

Strike 3

- Doesn't speak very good english.

his grappling is next level shit. not many people would make healy look gassed and worthless in the third round like that. very few actually. Healy is usually the guy in advantageous position with the grappling, particularly deep in the fight but Khabib dominated him in that realm.

Back